Instructions for the Photo (required for app check-in)?

GottaKnowWhen

So, I've done most of our check-in via the app. (Upcoming cruise on Silhouette.) But I stopped when I got to the "add-photo" section because I have no clue what sort of photo they require. Are there instructions anyplace? Limits on file size? Jpeg vs. other formats? A quick snappie with my phone or something more formal?

Thanks!

Stan

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

If you tap the screen of your phone when you get to that part, it will turn on your camera and give you a facial outline to position your head in.  Click the picture, it will show you the (always absolutely terrible) picture of yourself and ask if you want to use it or retake it.

Thanks. I'll try it. I hate selfies because I need my reading glasses to see well enough to know where the buttons are and whether I am in focus, in the frame, etc. Worse case I suppose it that they will laugh at the result and schedule a do-over...

Stan

4 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Thanks. I'll try it. I hate selfies because I need my reading glasses to see well enough to know where the buttons are and whether I am in focus, in the frame, etc. Worse case I suppose it that they will laugh at the result and schedule a do-over...

Stan

I had my granddaughter take the picture.  I'm sure you can handle it 😉

She was in 3rd grade.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It is not required. They will take your photo in the terminal if you don’t put it on the app yourself.

I know it is not required, but I am puzzled as to how my key card (with embedded photo missing) will get linked up to an on-board photo. No matter. I went to the website (rather than the app) and went to edit/complete my sign-in, and there they do have the instructions I was looking for. So I'll do a selfie of sorts and add it on...

Thanks all!

Stan

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 4.51.08 PM.png

Edited by GottaKnowWhen

The photo would not be “missing from the key card” because it isn’t stored on the card.  The check in staff take the photo and that becomes part of your account, which staff would see when they swipe your card.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The photo would not be “missing from the key card” because it isn’t stored on the card.  The check in staff take the photo and that becomes part of your account, which staff would see when they swipe your card.

Ok, I got it. Duh!  I was thinking that the photo was embedded within the card, but of course the card pulls the photo image from within their system. Makes sense! Thanks.

Stan

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It is not required. They will take your photo in the terminal if you don’t put it on the app yourself.

Thank goodness. I just did check in for my cruise on Apr 5th....it wasn't on my phone which has all my photos, but on my work computer. So I was a little nervous about uploading my photo. Anyway, I skipped that photo part and was able to complete the rest of the check in and print off my 'express pass'...but was a little nervous about not uploading my photo.

• Like 1