What is going to happen with Voyager of the Seas??

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I can’t understand that Royal Caribbean has gone into China big time but not into India.

Voyeger would be suited to testing the market.

Much greater wealth/middle class in China than India.

It has the population, but India is seen as about a decade behind China in terms of growth of middle class. In the similar travel segment of aviation, China has much more hub traffic and operators, whereas India struggles with airlines and the yield is one of the lowest in the world. If RCL put a ship there, their yields would crater even though they may achieve full occupancy.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

One of the passengers onboard the Voyager last night posted that the Voyager has been barred from the South Pacific due to a staff member being diagnosed with Influencer A.  They are now cruising to NZ and Eden.

I wouldn’t mind doing nz in winter ,I don’t if they would 

You would need a few rums to keep warm.

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I wouldn’t mind doing nz in winter ,I don’t if they would 

You would need a few rums to keep warm.

The only NZ ports you could do in winter would be Bay of Islands, Auckland, and Tauranga. Any further south and you run the risk of running a into so very nasty seas. And the Tasman crossing could be a bit dodgy as well. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:17 PM, Chiliburn said:

Just checking a few online agents and the repo to Singapore can’t be booked.

I thinking it may be staying here.

I notice It's still available to book through the RCI website, so maybe that's more the online agents being cautious? 

https://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/236000-no-corona-virus-on-cruise-ship-docking-tauranga.html

This is where we live, just docked this morning.

A lot of negative, unfounded rubbish going on in NZ at the moment around the single confirmed case here. Panic buying, and the like. Craziness. You would think we were in the grips of a zombie apocalypse. Everyone needs to chill.

Edited by tepukecruisers

On 2/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

One of the passengers onboard the Voyager last night posted that the Voyager has been barred from the South Pacific due to a staff member being diagnosed with Influencer A.  They are now cruising to NZ and Eden.

Wow, people get sick, talk about over the top with all this banning from entering ports, they have Influenca A not the plague, no offence to anyone, we were on a ship 3 years ago where passengers who got on ship were found to have Influenca A, at next port of call they were thrown off ship and made to find their own way home, no banning ships from port, letting them move around with everyone on island and plane heading home.  Where is this world coming too, rant over.

4 hours ago, subaru94 said:

Wow, people get sick, talk about over the top with all this banning from entering ports, they have Influenca A not the plague, no offence to anyone, we were on a ship 3 years ago where passengers who got on ship were found to have Influenca A, at next port of call they were thrown off ship and made to find their own way home, no banning ships from port, letting them move around with everyone on island and plane heading home.  Where is this world coming too, rant over.

It's influenza, not influenca.