Allergic to Shellfish. Can I eat safely at Hooked?

On previous cruises I have eaten safely in main dining room after alerting waiter to my shellfish allergy.  Can I inform the waiter at Hooked, and be sure there won't be any cross contamination with my order of fried fish and fries?  What about food at Wonderland and 150 Central Park?  Has anyone had this experience, or gotten accurate information from RCCL?

I wouldn’t chance it at hooked.   SO MUCH shellfish there. (Shrimp, clams, mussels, lobster and maybe more ) Shellfish is on so many menu offerings from soups to main courses. 

I suspect the other restaurants will be no issue. 
good luck

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

You can have your shellfish allergy noted on your reservation and , as you know, you will be taken care of in the MDR.

However, there must be some personal responsibility in deciding where to eat.

My husband has a mushroom allergy and he will  not eat anywhere where there is a chance of cross contamination because of menu offering.

• Like 1

Family member with shellfish allergy.  MDR and WJ no problem.  We don't eat at Hibachi or Hooked.  

Hibachi some people order lobster and it's cooked on the same cooktop as all other food right in front of you.  While they will be careful to cook shellfish on one side the chance for cross contamination is too great.  

Hooked - I have no known reason to fear Hooked for this family member but why take the chance?  It's a venue where it can be assumed that most people are ordering shellfish.  

• Like 1

I had a SEVERE reaction about 50 years ago, with my entire body covered in hives, inside and out.  The allergist recommended full avoidance, including items cooked in same pan or oil, etc.  I had already written off Izumi for that reason.  I have successfully avoided even medications with a hint of shellfish, and carry an epipen when eating out.  I guess I'll follow the advice to not risk it at Hooked.

2 hours ago, LoyalToRoyalCCL said:

My daughter is very allergic to shellfish but enjoys hooked messy fish sandwich. We always alert our waiter to the issue and have had no problems.

Thank you!  I know the other three family members would love eating there, and will be disappointed if I don't join them.

1 hour ago, Grandma Petania said:

Thank you!  I know the other three family members would love eating there, and will be disappointed if I don't join them.

You could just join them and have a drink.  The layout is kind of like a grill and bar.

2 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

Would they be more disappointed if you had an acute allergic reaction and had to be rushed to the medical facility covered with hives and maybe gasping for breath?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Family member with shellfish allergy.  MDR and WJ no problem.  We don't eat at Hibachi or Hooked.  

Hibachi some people order lobster and it's cooked on the same cooktop as all other food right in front of you.  While they will be careful to cook shellfish on one side the chance for cross contamination is too great.  

Hooked - I have no known reason to fear Hooked for this family member but why take the chance?  It's a venue where it can be assumed that most people are ordering shellfish.  

Someone at our Izumi table had shellfish allergy, and they cooked her meal back in the kitchen

2 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

On the Hooked menu they offer a "turf n turf" entree of steak and chicken. I would highly doubt if they were to cook beef and chicken on the same grill as seafood/shellfish. But if you alerted them to your allergy I'm sure they could accommodate you or make sure the grill or pan is properly cleaned before they were to cook your food.