Do you have concerns about cruising at this time? Onboard now?

gottagocit

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

currently on board ??? and how long were they on board before anyone knew ?

You can Google each one. The Anthem from what I read. They had concerns about 12 and when they docked in the US 4 were sent to a hospital. If I recall they mentioned the 4 were in China before this cruise. Not really positive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

The Westerdam, Costa Smeralda, World Dream, Anthem of the Seas. All report people with the virus.

Just as I suspected. 

And they probably screened them thoroughly beforehand just like Princess is reportedly doing. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I have three more cruises for this year all Eastern Caribbean. Carnival, Royal and in 3 weeks Princess. I have no concerns about the virus. We will do what we always do. We take sanitary wipes and wipe down a lot in our room. basically anything everyone would normally touch. We walk around anyone that looks like they may not be well. if someone sneezes we walk way around them. If they are near us, we promptly leave. Wash our hands regularly and often. This time we will take the wipes with us to the buffet. Hold the serving spoons with them. Wipe down the table. So a bit more caution for now.

For our last few cruises we have bought Clorox brand spray bottles of disinfectant spray that we drench every surface in our cabins when we first move in. It. only takes a couple minutes to hit everything in the room.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, gottagocit said:

For our last few cruises we have bought Clorox brand spray bottles of disinfectant spray that we drench every surface in our cabins when we first move in. It. only takes a couple minutes to hit everything in the room.  

Do you pack those spray disinfectant bottles in your suitcase when flying?

5 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Great idea.

25 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

The Westerdam, Costa Smeralda, World Dream, Anthem of the Seas. All report people with the virus.

Oh my! I haven’t heard about some of these having cases.
Where are you seeing this?

Edited by gottagocit

5 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Great idea.

We decided it sure couldn’t hurt. Things like telephone handsets/buttons, light switches, safe, tv remotes and a/c controllers can be a bit of a pain if doing with wipes but the spray solves that issue. We also hit all bathroom fixtures, handles like on drawers and doors and even the wooden clothes hangers. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

We decided it sure couldn’t hurt. Things like telephone handsets/buttons, light switches, safe, tv remotes and a/c controllers can be a bit of a pain if doing with wipes but the spray solves that issue. We also hit all bathroom fixtures, handles like on drawers and doors and even the wooden clothes hangers. 

Toilet seat!

• Like 1

We're going to Alaska in September. We're waiting until closer to final payment due date to make a decision. I'm hoping it'll be OK. We haven't been on a cruise for 4 years and I could really use one. It's scary right now. I wouldn't go to Asia for sure and I'm not sure about Europe either.

this just posted on MSC USA site....

Mandatory non-touch thermal scans conducted for all guests and crew prior to embarkation for every cruise operated by the company anywhere in the world, and passengers with signs or symptoms of illness such as fever (≥38 C°/100.4 F°) or feverishness, chills, cough or difficulty breathing will be denied embarkation. The same rules apply to their travel companions;

I'm just going to post what Laura posted this morning on another thread to hope and keep this thread on topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple of quick things going forward:

• Please keep this discussion cruise related
  • Pleasure ensure that you do not copy and paste entire articles from other sites...instead select a key paragraph (usually the first) and LINK TO the article
  • Keep things polite

The community team will be following this discussion closely, and will remove any posts without notice to the author.

Thank you for your cooperation

LauraS

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gottagocit said:

Unless you do this again everytime after your cabin steward services your cabin, the cabin will be like it was before you came on board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, twodaywonder said:

Please explain your post.

Your cabin attendant will be touching many surfaces, just as he/she did before the passenger came on board.

So if you are afraid the attendant did not have the cabin clean enough before you board the ship, it will be the same every time he/she comes in again and touches things.

• Like 1

The MS Westerdam was stranded at sea for two weeks after Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Guam refused to let it dock because it had made a stop in Hong Kong.

It was finally allowed to dock in Cambodia and began disembarking passengers on Friday. An 83-year-old U.S. woman who got off with her husband flew to Malaysia with 145 other cruise passengers.

She later felt ill at the Kuala Lumpur airport and sought medical help. The Holland America cruise company confirmed Sunday that she had tested positive for COVID-19, as the new coronavirus originating from Wuhan, China, has been named.

Now health officials must track down other travelers, who have since dispersed, to make sure they get screened for the contagious illness.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

The MS Westerdam was stranded at sea for two weeks after Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, the Philippines, and Guam refused to let it dock because it had made a stop in Hong Kong.

It was finally allowed to dock in Cambodia and began disembarking passengers on Friday. An 83-year-old U.S. woman who got off with her husband flew to Malaysia with 145 other cruise passengers.

She later felt ill at the Kuala Lumpur airport and sought medical help. The Holland America cruise company confirmed Sunday that she had tested positive for COVID-19, as the new coronavirus originating from Wuhan, China, has been named.

Now health officials must track down other travelers, who have since dispersed, to make sure they get screened for the contagious illness.

Not true, she was confirmed as not having had the virus:

https://time.com/5789745/westerdam-coronavirus-false-positive/

• Like 6

It appears that Princess is taking the temperature of their cruisers regarding their travel plans for 2020. I received an email asking me to take a survey regarding my 2020 travel plans in light of the COVID-19 virus. They asked about my thoughts of international & domestic travel, cruise travel to various parts of the world, airline travel, & if travel to various US cities would change due to health concerns. Sounds like perhaps they want to consider future redeployment options. Scary times.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, richsea said:

It appears that Princess is taking the temperature of their cruisers regarding their travel plans for 2020. I received an email asking me to take a survey regarding my 2020 travel plans in light of the COVID-19 virus. They asked about my thoughts of international & domestic travel, cruise travel to various parts of the world, airline travel, & if travel to various US cities would change due to health concerns. Sounds like perhaps they want to consider future redeployment options. Scary times.

Very interesting. I imagine they’re seeing a large number of cancellations (besides those they’ve canceled) or calls about possibly cancelling and are looking at possible itineraries that might replace Asia or other routes that may be off the table for an extended period of time. Of course that’s only a guess. 

On 2/23/2020 at 4:24 PM, tawlaw1526 said:

Hi Idahospud!   I have a question about your time on Royal, were you able to serve yourself in the buffet or did Princess staff serve the food to all the guests?

On 2/23/2020 at 5:10 PM, idahospud said:

Self serve as usual.  

23 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Sorry to hear that. HAL went to employee service some years ago. So much nicer! and safer.

I agree. It confounds me why passengers continue to eat in the line, lick their fingers, and then pick up the tongs. Even with what is going on now it hasn’t curbed their poor habits.

I also feel obliged to say this...we were on the Royal Princess for three B2B cruises. We joined the Royal two days after the Regal's failing score, were still on the ship when the Caribbean Princess had to return to port early because of norovirus, and were on during the Diamond quarantine time. Based on the problems on the other ships I would have expected to see enhanced cleaning measures done by crew on our ship. We didn’t. And believe me, we looked for them!

I could give some specific examples of the lackadaisical attitude around cleaning we saw happening in many areas around the ship, but I won’t. There are so many preventative measures they could be taking but aren’t. Just know, as passengers we really do have to assume every surface we touch on the ship isn’t clean. The ship isn’t going to keep us healthy - we are going to need to assume that responsibility ourselves now more than ever.

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 5