Nespresso Machine on request

parmus

24 minutes ago, tony s said:

We always bring our own. We bought an Essenza just to travel. Easier and we know it's clean.

That's a fantastic idea! Only $124 on Amazon. Is the coffee decent?

We were planning on bringing the Starbucks packets that are pretty good, but maybe worth buying an Essenza. We do a fair amount of cruising but on Oceania where cappuccinos etc are excellent. But for the amount of coffee we drink, for a 7 day on NCL might be worth it.

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, tony s said:

Better than Starbucks!

Good to know. Trying to decide if we can survive on a short 7 day cruise with the Starbucks packets. Surprizingly they really aren't bad. I hate the hassle of getting enough hot water in the morning though. I'm new to NCL. Is there a service fee for a breakfast tray to get hot water?

OK- on edit. Just took the time to look it up myself. Looks like continental breakfast is no service charge and I'll hope I can get a couple pots hot water. Unless I break down and buy an Essenza. Thanks for your great idea!

Edited by Petoonya

17 hours ago, parmus said:

Traveling on the Joy in a mini suite.  Has anyone requested their steward for a Nespresso Machine in their room and gotten it?

You get a Hamilton Beach single cup coffee maker in your room with as much coffee as you can drink. 

C1BCAB53-CFCA-4EE8-9216-23AD5D682372.jpeg

D591EE1A-AD65-4E57-BD97-10A82C432B2F.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, parmus said:

Traveling on the Joy in a mini suite.  Has anyone requested their steward for a Nespresso Machine in their room and gotten it?

I doubt they will give you one since those are only for full suites. Mini-Suites get no special privileges despite the name.

AFAIK, the Nespresso machines are a Haven only perk. I've never heard of anyone getting anything upgraded beyond the Hamilton Beach. It never hurts to ask, but my strong suspicion is that the answer will be "no."

And I know this is a common gripe on here, but seriously... WHEN is NCL ever going to change the name of the mini-suite booking category? It is very confusing for people (especially newbies) who assume that suite benefits are included.  Calling it Balcony Plus would be more accurate and less confusing.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TowerOrchard said:

AFAIK, the Nespresso machines are a Haven only perk. I've never heard of anyone getting anything upgraded beyond the Hamilton Beach. It never hurts to ask, but my strong suspicion is that the answer will be "no."

And I know this is a common gripe on here, but seriously... WHEN is NCL ever going to change the name of the mini-suite booking category? It is very confusing for people (especially newbies) who assume that suite benefits are included.  Calling it Balcony Plus would be more accurate and less confusing.

And on the bigger ships, it’s bigger bathroom balcony.

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

At least it is real coffee that is drip brewed. Nespresso (like k-cups) is just instant coffee in a pod. 

Now this is where we differ.  I love my Nespresso.  It is real coffee, but it's espresso, not brewed coffee.  Nectar of the Gods.  LOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

At least it is real coffee that is drip brewed. Nespresso (like k-cups) is just instant coffee in a pod. 

K cups are not instant coffee in a pod.  K cups (and Nespresso as well) hold roasted, ground coffee.  If you open a K cup after using it, there will still be grounds inside it.  Instant coffee disappears when mixed with hot water.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just one more thing you comment on, but know nothing about.  "Both the brands use capsules for brewing which are sealed packed containers consisting of coffee grounds in the variety of flavors." 🤥

26 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

Just one more thing you comment on, but know nothing about.  "Both the brands use capsules for brewing which are sealed packed containers consisting of coffee grounds in the variety of flavors." 🤥

Yes, they are real coffee.  And very good, if you get the right brands.  I work from home and spend the day going from my office to the kitchen to hit that wonderful little button on the Nespresso machine.  :)  I was dreading not having it on the ship.  But it sounds like the Senseo pods will work. 

Question:  Do the Senseo's get stale?  The Nespresso pods are in plastic so they stay pretty fresh.  I'm thinking I should wait a while to buy the Senseo's since I'm not leaving until April 18.