Future Cruise Deposit question

MidGaCruzers

52 minutes ago, MidGaCruzers said:

Hey all.  Question on canceling a cruise booked with a FCD.  Can you move the FCD (and corresponding OBC) to a new cruise to a new cruise, or do you loses that benefit on the new booking?

just not sure how princess works with these. 

Short answer...it depends.

If you booked with a conventional deposit then, yes, you will retain your FCD for use on a different booking.

If you booked with a non-refundable deposit and then cancel...then your FCD goes bye bye.

Obviously this is all before final payment.  If you cancel after final payment then penalties are assessed according to the cancelation schedule...deposit amounts are moot.

2 hours ago, MidGaCruzers said:

Hey all.  Question on canceling a cruise booked with a FCD.  Can you move the FCD (and corresponding OBC) to a new cruise to a new cruise, or do you loses that benefit on the new booking?

just not sure how princess works with these. 

Thanks for asking this, OP. I presume a few of us may want to move bookings with FCD to alternative cruises during the present situation. 

From the above poster’s reply, it looks like we can move ours to a future cruise without being penalised.

Everytime I've moved a FCD to a new cruise (including last week) it wasn't an issue. I had even paid off my Hong Kong cruise with gift cards and the TOTAL  payment was moved by PVP & Accounting. Think they're being exceptionally accommodating right now (previously GC payments went back to GCs and I had to do it all over again)

Your non-refundable deposit can be moved to a new booking, but if you cancel a booking and not rebooking at that time it is lost. Your FCD OBC will be lost when changing bookings, but your FCD will carry over when rebooking. If just cancelling a booking, your FCD will be refunded, but not put back into the bank.

3 hours ago, weedpindle said:

Your non-refundable deposit can be moved to a new booking, but if you cancel a booking and not rebooking at that time it is lost. Your FCD OBC will be lost when changing bookings, but your FCD will carry over when rebooking. If just cancelling a booking, your FCD will be refunded, but not put back into the bank.

I don't think so.  If you cancel a reservation within the allowed period (prior to FP Date), and the original FCD has not expired, it will be returned to your FCD "bank" and you can use it again.  You will get the OBC benefit.  I also believe you are incorrect stating that the OBC benefit is lost if switching cruises to a new booking (again within the free cancellation period).  I have done this myself in the past and not lost a thing.

Two different scenarios being mixed up above:

(everything below also assumes it is prior to final payment date)

1. FCD used as non-refundable deposit. If you cancel that trip and simultaneously book something else, your FCD can be moved to the new booking, subject to the Book By limit.  If you do not book a replacement cruise at the same time as canceling the first, the FCD is lost.  If the Book By date has passed then it is also lost.

2. FCD used as refundable deposit. You can use it on another booking or rebank it subject to the Book By date.  If the Book By date has passed it will be refunded. And if was previously rebanked it probably will be refunded instead of being able to be rebanked a second time, but there have been a few exceptions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1