A Few Random Silhouette Pics

nbturfman

Very nice.  I was particularity surprised at the cabin changes (or limited changes) as I expected a complete overhaul.  I'm glad they left some of the nice features i.e. overhead cupboards, granite counter tops, existing desk, etc.  Also, I noticed the balcony table is table height.  Is this a change from the other remodels?  I think they were the same size but shorter.  Thank you for posting.

Thanks for the pics....happy to see they left the balcony chairs and footstools 'as they were'...table looks a little smaller.  Cabin refreshed with new carpet/drapes/bedskirt makes quite a difference.  Is the MDR unchanged?  And.....the tree.....we have been on the Silhouette 6 times and the tree was still alive and growing nicely as of March '19....noticed it dead last Dec.....maybe it's now declared historical and a work of art...LOL.

Edited by oceangoer2

35 minutes ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

Very nice.  I was particularity surprised at the cabin changes (or limited changes) as I expected a complete overhaul.  I'm glad they left some of the nice features i.e. overhead cupboards, granite counter tops, existing desk, etc.  Also, I noticed the balcony table is table height.  Is this a change from the other remodels?  I think they were the same size but shorter.  Thank you for posting.

One man's meat... being (albeit just a bit ) under average height I'm not a fan of the overhead cupboards. But I agree with everything else.

1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the pics....happy to see they left the balcony chairs and footstools 'as they were'...table looks a little smaller.  Cabin refreshed with new carpet/drapes/bedskirt makes quite a difference.  Is the MDR unchanged?  And.....the tree.....we have been on the Silhouette 6 times and the tree was still alive and growing nicely as of March '19....noticed it dead last Dec.....maybe it's now declared historical and a work of art...LOL.

We did not notice and changes in the MDR. 

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I see that they took out the grass areas on either side of the Sunset Bar and added extra seating, but what about the chairs that used to be under the canvas awning along the walkway to the bar?  Are they still there?

Here is a pic of that side. The new seating is super nice, love the rocking chairs!

455FCF79-C4F0-460B-A13E-98EC58496FA4.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

One man's meat... being (albeit just a bit ) under average height I'm not a fan of the overhead cupboards. But I agree with everything else.

At 5'3", I felt the same on our first S-class (Solstice's inaugural season).  However, after seeing a post about using these collapsible "boxes", on subsequent cruises on Solstice and Eclipse I thought the overhead cabinets were great!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, nbturfman said:

Here is a pic of that side. The new seating is super nice, love the rocking chairs!

455FCF79-C4F0-460B-A13E-98EC58496FA4.jpeg

Thanks for the photo.  But, oh dear, the chairs in the shade are bar stool height.  I enjoyed sitting there pre-refurb and reading...don’t think that will work now.

• Like 1

Thank you for the additional photos!  Did you happen to notice if they still offered Bocce Ball?  Now that that grass area has been removed on either side of the sunset bar I am wondering if they allow you to play in the main part of the Lawn or if they no longer have Bocce ball as an option.

5 hours ago, soccer5042 said:

Thank you for the additional photos!  Did you happen to notice if they still offered Bocce Ball?  Now that that grass area has been removed on either side of the sunset bar I am wondering if they allow you to play in the main part of the Lawn or if they no longer have Bocce ball as an option.

Bocce Ball is alive and well by the lawn club grill

• Like 1