CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

On 3/15/2020 at 10:22 PM, boomhower said:

Pretty much what I have been saying but seems to be poo pooed on by most.  I'd love a transcript of the call he had prior to the announcement that they shut down for a month.  Yes I know Carnival was the last.  A bailout doesn't just have to be a boat load of cash.  (pun intended) . But can be very very low interest loans to get them through the period of little to no cashflow.  I would also not be surprised for the creditors to forgive penalties until the ships are sailing again.  Them going bankrupt and selling assets is not likely to full fill the billions of loans they have out for all the new ships that have been ordered.  While the ships are flagged in foreign ports the vast majority of cruise fares are paid in the states and hence taxed.  It is going to be an interesting summer.  I have 100 Canival I bought at $33.  Likely but another 50 or and I'll pick up some RCL as well.  Dont cruise them but it's cheap with a good dividend. 

how much would you estimate each person pays in taxes per cruise?

12 hours ago, coevan said:

that's the plan Stan, the only question is......... 

I am sticking with savings interest until this is over

Now is not the time to invest in stocks for many, Carnival stock or otherwise. Your business has been shuttered by the state Public Health Department, best of luck during this difficult time.

I've been thinking about investing in stocks for sometime now. Being that Carnival provides a product I use, I thought about maybe buying some shares from them. Now that 100 shares is within my budget, I may finally do it. For first timers, would it be wise to work with a professional?

1 minute ago, mdin said:

I've been thinking about investing in stocks for sometime now. Being that Carnival provides a product I use, I thought about maybe buying some shares from them. Now that 100 shares is within my budget, I may finally do it. For first timers, would it be wise to work with a professional?

This was my first time buying stock on my own.  My financial advisor suggested I set up a self-directed account at Merrill Edge.  There are no fees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdin said:

You can easily do this on your own. I set up a second account in my husband's name yesterday and it's already funded. I'm waiting to buy 100 more. I use Fidelity and do almost everything on my phone. No fees. 

38 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

With TD when I want money from my account it happens i a min or two. Now I have 400 and my wife 500 shares.

Todays purchase was $12.66 a share.

Confidence in our investment!! I like that 

6 hours ago, AHS123 said:

Now is not the time to invest in stocks for many, Carnival stock or otherwise. Your business has been shuttered by the state Public Health Department, best of luck during this difficult time.

whose business? I'm retired

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

Confidence in our investment!! I like that 

you guys got to be kidding, are you all in denial? What makes you think a company that is not operating or generating revenue is a good investment?