CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

2 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

There could be a great deal of money to be made here, but I dislike Royal's management, what they have done with their product, and won't invest a dime with them.  Carnival on the other hand, is something I am interested in investing in.  After doing a 10 day Acapulco/Mexico City trip this year: First Class from Miami, JR Suite at Acapulco Princess "All Inclusive," I am not going back to Royal anytime soon.  Unlimited specialty dining, premium drinks, room service, etc., all for $4,000 including First Class air!  There is no way I could get the same at Royal, for that price, even living in Miami Beach!

The great deal of money will be companies that really are solid when this thing bottoms out.

Anyone who sings the happiness of buying 100shares of xyz yesterday and another 100share today 10% lower and dollar cost averaging is funny.  I'd rather start buying on the rise up then dollar cost average down.    

Anyone really think any stock beside consumer staples, and distribution have found their bottom, please tell me which ones and why, LOL

I got all my empty bath tubs ready to go, just waiting for it to pour gold from the skies,  don't want to fill it with dirty early drizzle of lead from the skies. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mnp75 said:

Picked up more at $12.55!

Darn, buy some more and your average price will drop to 10 or so / share, and when it falls to 5 bucks increase it by 4x to dollar cost average to about 8 bucks or so, excellent indeed, LOL

1 minute ago, iamsteph said:

I wonder what Carnival's CEO and Pres are thinking right now...

0) How long will it last, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years and for each what they would do for below

1) Preserve Cash

2) Cut Cost

3) Get more credit

4) How long will it last

It seems to me that the only way Carnival would actually go bankrupt would be if the banks called their loans and/or refused to allow additional credit.  I can’t see an upside for the banks to do either,  the only collateral is the ships and I don’t think the banks would want them with no other cruise line in a position to buy them.  No, I believe the banks will help them ride this out.

The stock is bouncing up right now because people are buying... the forecast is that it will still go a bit lower.

Edited by DimmieCO
  • Like 4

I just heard that manufacturing plants are temporary closing in the USA and Canada this might impact people's ability to purchase cruises in the future.

I am worried that the big Cruise Lines won't make it. I told myself I was going to buy the stock if it went below 10 but I just don't know anymore.

They did bounce back after the recession.  

3 hours ago, chipmaster said:

Darn, buy some more and your average price will drop to 10 or so / share, and when it falls to 5 bucks increase it by 4x to dollar cost average to about 8 bucks or so, excellent indeed, LOL

Buying more under $8.00 tomorrow! This is my "play account" money!