CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

56 minutes ago, HoosierBuddy said:

I am new to stocks...but would like to buy some Carnival.  I too missed out on the low.  My question to the seasoned trader...what is your thoughts on it going back down or up and how long do you hold out, this is expected to be a long term investment.  Thank you

Not a seasoned trader, but look at it as a long term exercise to play with.

If you have the UK equivalent of a SIP then it becomes a long term thing, so you can dip in/out as required.  The UK Tax people have no knowledge of the OBC

For us with 5/6 a year the 250 per Cruise is great, this is in addition to the FCD and the Cunard Fare booking bonus.

For example of trading, we bailed 500 at end of Feb for around 2500, then bought 1000 back in on 19 March at about 740, and if tomorrow rise continues of the rest of the week, then possibly in for another 500 or not.  But this is an exceptional situation to make profits.  Don't expect it every time.  Have a gut instinct, that Carnival may increase the holding requirement for OBC benefits.

You have to first consider could I afford to suffer a 100% loss, as it's a game of risks, and if a profit great.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

Well, we bought 200 shares yesterday  at about $ 11 per share.  We love Holland America and plan to cruise again, hopefully,  in the very near future.  The stock market is always a "crap shoot"  -- you could wait and hope for a decline or wait and see it increase (hopefully) and still miss out as you waited too long. You need to decide on what you want to spend and whether the wait is worth it.  My motto is" early bird gets the worm"  -- do I lose sleep over missing the $  8 low >?? -- yes and no-- just feel at what I spent is "ok" with me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoosierBuddy said:

I am new to stocks...but would like to buy some Carnival.  I too missed out on the low.  My question to the seasoned trader...what is your thoughts on it going back down or up and how long do you hold out, this is expected to be a long term investment.  Thank you

I am an investor and would not touch, cruise ships, airlines, or anything in the travel industry until there is a definitive time for recovery. Otherwise, you are just playing craps. 

59 minutes ago, NightOne said:

OK doom and gloomers (and the shorts) ... the stock is heading back north and will continue to do so long term. I predict it will not go into single digits again.

It'll go down to single digits literally the day they announce the next month of cancellations.

I agree long term it's a good stock to hold, but you are kidding yourself if you think the roller coaster has stopped.  

I've got some held for long term, and I've also got some short options set for April 9th.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks like another buying opportunity is coming up.  

1. Watch Status on Holland America's Zaandam Cruise Ship.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/holland-america-cruise-sailing-for-florida-has-87-flu-like-cases

2. Look for a drop on Unemployment Numbers posted this Friday, 10 am Eastern I think.

10 minutes ago, Elbozi said:

Looks like another buying opportunity is coming up.  

1. Watch Status on Holland America's Zaandam Cruise Ship.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/holland-america-cruise-sailing-for-florida-has-87-flu-like-cases

2. Look for a drop on Unemployment Numbers posted this Friday, 10 am Eastern I think.

Oh Wow!!   Here we go again!!   

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
correct placement
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rudoja00 said:

It'll go down to single digits literally the day they announce the next month of cancellations.

I agree long term it's a good stock to hold, but you are kidding yourself if you think the roller coaster has stopped.  

I've got some held for long term, and I've also got some short options set for April 9th.

It's coming... Royal Caribbean (and Celebrity) just announced they are extending the cruise suspension until May 12th. I imagine Carnival won't be far behind.

• Like 1

Meyer Werft Stops Construction on Carnival owned P&O's Iona and a second ship.  Shouldn't impact stock price that much, as there wouldn't be much demand I would think by Summer anyway.

https://cruisebusiness.com/index.php/news-section/top-headlines-category/8551-meyer-werft-suspends-work-on-iona

Edited by Elbozi

I bought 100 shares when it was at $23 and thought that was a good deal.....Lord knows I don’t have patience. Got another 300 share at $8.35, that felt MUCH BETTER. Either way I’m in it for the long haul.
☘️☘️Good Luck to all of us that purchased☘️☘️!!

Hope everyone stays healthy and happy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 3

Just curious..I can't figure this out..Why is RCL stock is so much higher now and historically than Carnival  Corp.?  I'm a newbie to stocks, but have doing some research since all this virus stuff started. I thought maybe some of you more experienced stock investors could give some input. 

20 minutes ago, Lil2Angelic said:

Just curious..I can't figure this out..Why is RCL stock is so much higher now and historically than Carnival  Corp.?  I'm a newbie to stocks, but have doing some research since all this virus stuff started. I thought maybe some of you more experienced stock investors could give some input. 

I am no expert (not by a long shot), but financials is probably part of it.  The average spent per person is much higher on RCCL.  You also have to look at how much stock is actually out there.   There could be 10x more carnival stock out, there is no set number of stocks.

1 hour ago, Lil2Angelic said:

There are more than twice the number outstanding shares of CCL than RCL, thus the price difference. Surprisingly both have similar valuations, about $7.5 billion.

• Like 2

That makes since. So if RCL did a stock split does that mean that the price per share would be worth around half?..Oh no, wait..if that's true then it would mean the same for CCL..Uhh..I'm so confused!

Edited by Lil2Angelic
  • Like 1

I was able to grab 100 shares at $9.83 per share. That was my first ever stock purchase. I feel pretty good about the price and I am looking long term. I love Carnival Corp and I'm very proud of that they've offered to help during these times. I haven't heard of the other cruise lines offering up their ships...so far at  least.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lil2Angelic said:

I was able to grab 100 shares at $9.83 per share. That was my first ever stock purchase. I feel pretty good about the price and I am looking long term. I love Carnival Corp and I'm very proud of that they've offered to help during these times. I haven't heard of the other cruise lines offering up their ships...so far at  least.

Plus 4 cruises of 14 Nights or more giving OBC @ $250 each cruise = $?

Edited by PORT ROYAL
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lil2Angelic said:

That would be $1000 in OBC which more than covers my stock cost..assuming CCL keeps the OBC offers at the required 100 shares. At least I'm grasping that lol.

Then a potential of 4 dividends per year

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hamburg Avon Lady said:

$ 1000 to spend (total for 4 cruises)---- However, you need to be smart on how you spend it while on board -- if you don't use it -- you lose it !

No problem spending... in addition to FCD and Cunard Fare OBC 😊

• Like 1