CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Maybe next year at this time we can all revisit this thread and see how it all turned out.  If it keeps dropping, I will keep buying.

Very risky unless its play money. Buy on way up.... bankruptcy is real..... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Very risky unless its play money. Buy on way up.... bankruptcy is real..... 

So far, I have invested only a bit more than I spend on one of my cruises, including airfare and hotel.  Not a great loss if they go bankrupt, but a nice payout someday if they don't.  I wouldn't invest or cruise if I couldn't afford it.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

The way things are, quarterly dividend will likely be a thing of the past. Shareholder OBC may even be at risk going forward. Not a pretty picture.

I believe the board of directors vote in July. There is no way they will renew the OBC, especially at $5 a share. they are not going to give a 20% OBC.  When the market rebounds, they will take a second look at reinstating. 

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

I believe the board of directors vote in July. There is no way they will renew the OBC, especially at $5 a share. they are not going to give a 20% OBC.  When the market rebounds, they will take a second look at reinstating. 

Doesn’t matter what the prices are now. Carnival has already collected their money on the Stock sale. It’s the investors that sell low that are losing value. Carnival may suspend dividends payments for a short time.

• Like 2

You guys are buying this stock like it's toilet paper.  We in the US are going to a very dark place for a while.  The mass layoffs are starting.   The government is going to be up to its ears, trying to keep people fed and housed.  China is still out of operation; the EU is going down the toilet.   We are not going to round the corner anytime soon. With 12 months out on a vaccine.   Yes, Carnival has 12 months of hell.  I wish it weren't; it makes me sick to my stomach. 

I see this smoothly going bankrupt.  Sure Carnival 2.0, maybe born out in the future. But your stocks won't.  I would buy under $4 if there was some indicator that we are going to turn the corner in under 12 months.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coevan said:

they have already renewed the OBC perk another year. it is through July 31, 2021.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, coevan said:

Shareholder OBC is going to be the first cutback. Cruising is going to be a changing in a lot of ways though. 

I could see CCL staying firm around 3-5 per share for awhile the weirder all of this stuff gets. The company will trail the economy as a whole in terms of rebounding revenue.

Has anyone recently sent the shareholder statement in? I am curious as to how long it takes the obc to post to your account. I did a search but the most recent results were from 3 years ago. I know they are backlogged right now so I was just wondering. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Has anyone recently sent the shareholder statement in? I am curious as to how long it takes the obc to post to your account. I did a search but the most recent results were from 3 years ago. I know they are backlogged right now so I was just wondering. 

Yes, I sent mine in two weeks ago and got a response yesterday.

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit.  Credit in the amount of $100.00  has been applied to your reservation xxxxx
 and will be posted on your sail and sign account.  Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Best Regards,

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, I sent mine in two weeks ago and got a response yesterday.

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit.  Credit in the amount of $100.00  has been applied to your reservation xxxxx
 and will be posted on your sail and sign account.  Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Best Regards,

Awesome, thank you! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Seems to have stabilised around $10 a share, after Trump announced Carnivals offer of using parked ships as emergency housing. Kudos to Carnival!

Yup. Ended today at 10. I received my $0.50 a share dividend March 13. Wonder it it will continue at that amount?

20 hours ago, Elbozi said:

You guys are buying this stock like it's toilet paper.  We in the US are going to a very dark place for a while.  The mass layoffs are starting.   The government is going to be up to its ears, trying to keep people fed and housed.  China is still out of operation; the EU is going down the toilet.   We are not going to round the corner anytime soon. With 12 months out on a vaccine.   Yes, Carnival has 12 months of hell.  I wish it weren't; it makes me sick to my stomach. 

I see this smoothly going bankrupt.  Sure Carnival 2.0, maybe born out in the future. But your stocks won't.  I would buy under $4 if there was some indicator that we are going to turn the corner in under 12 months. carnival is not going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

Seems to have stabilised around $10 a share, after Trump announced Carnivals offer of using parked ships as emergency housing. Kudos to Carnival!

For now. I think we are going to hit the 15 day mark of these govt social distances guidelines, numbers are continuing to increase, carnival will hit April 1st and cancel cruises for the month or more, then the stock will tank. People are still holding on hope to cruise April 10th for some reason. Just my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1019throw said:

For now. I think we are going to hit the 15 day mark of these govt social distances guidelines, numbers are continuing to increase, carnival will hit April 1st and cancel cruises for the month or more, then the stock will tank. People are still holding on hope to cruise April 10th for some reason. Just my opinion. 

Speculation to the negative is what causes panic. I do not know what will happen in the short run and neither does anyone else. What I do know is, it will climb back up just as it did when they took a greater hit years ago.

• Like 1

Negative speculation shouldn't cause panic.   Just be realistic, it's a risky endeavour.   A very fluid situation.  I only speculate that based on the ramping up of testing, and still loads of people spreading this because they either don't care or are clueless. The news is going to get a lot worse.  When we start losing people we know, they are not going to give a flip about stocks or cruises.   That Sir is where we are headed.

I do feel more positive today, that there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Some new drugs are showing very promising results and the fact that Carnival is offering its ships to use as hospitals.   

My buy is $4.50, if drug progress continues rapidly.   Stay safe everyone.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Speculation to the negative is what causes panic. I do not know what will happen in the short run and neither does anyone else. What I do know is, it will climb back up just as it did when they took a greater hit years ago.

Devil's advocate, speculating that you know it will go back up like it always does it a false sense of security. Personally I think it will tank, at which point I would buy it, because I also think the cruise industry will be done in the long run. Everyone is grasping at straws. 

• Like 1