Elite mini-bar on long cruises

homedepot124

I book Grand Adventures usually, which can be booked separately.  I've always gotten 2 set ups although I let them know before they bring the 2nd one I am going to exchange it for something else.  In the past, coffee cards, this time probably all water.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beave8920 said:

Just curious, what comes in the mini bar?

Can't remember the exact numbers, but it something like 6-8 liquors, 6 beers, 6 sodas and some water. There are others here who have a more accurate list.

You can call room service and have anything you want changed out within the category or lower. ie liquor for soda, but not soda for liquor. I think there is also a wine swap out option.

2 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

Can't remember the exact numbers, but it something like 6-8 liquors, 6 beers, 6 sodas and some water. There are others here who have a more accurate list.

You can call room service and have anything you want changed out within the category or lower. ie liquor for soda, but not soda for liquor. I think there is also a wine swap out option.

Thank you - sounds like a nice perk.

On the Sky in November booked as a 28 day cruise which could also be booked as 7/7/14 days.  We automatically were issued 3 cruise credits & received 3 minibars which like katisdale & susancruzs has been our experiences when booking a longer cruise that can be booked as shorter cruises.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 1:58 PM, reedprincess said:

Here you go, all your questions answered - what's included, what you can swap for, etc...

Call Room Service to make any swaps:

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

1 hour ago, Beave8920 said:

Just curious, what comes in the mini bar?

A few years ago the FAQs provided this explanation which continues to be my experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, loge23 said:

As far I know, no. We're on a 28 day now and it hasn't been replenished. Interestingly, it is replenished for back-to-backs. 

If your 28 days can only be booked that way then it’s only 1 minibar;  if possible to be booked as shorter cruises you should receive a minibar for each included shorter cruise.

Depends on how it's booked, one long cruise or two or more shorter cruises offered as one cruise.

If it truly is one long cruise there'll be one set-up. 

If it's two or more lumped together and sold as a single itinerary, there will be another set-up provided on the turn-around day(s) in mid-cruise.

On my most recent cruise where there was a "refill" provided on turn-around day, I received a call in the cabin from room service a couple of days ahead of that day, asking what I would like in the new set-up. I requested the whole thing be replaced with a bottle of wine. They even asked what wine I wanted, I gave them the brand and variety, and the next day exactly what I wanted  was delivered. Found it, when we returned from lunch, sitting on the desk …. already on ice!!! Way To Go, Princess!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flamomo said:

Depends on how it's booked, one long cruise or two or more shorter cruises offered as one cruise.

If it truly is one long cruise there'll be one set-up. 

If it's two or more lumped together and sold as a single itinerary, there will be another set-up provided on the turn-around day(s) in mid-cruise.

On my most recent cruise where there was a "refill" provided on turn-around day, I received a call in the cabin from room service a couple of days ahead of that day, asking what I would like in the new set-up. I requested the whole thing be replaced with a bottle of wine. They even asked what wine I wanted, I gave them the brand and variety, and the next day exactly what I wanted  was delivered. Found it, when we returned from lunch, sitting on the desk …. already on ice!!! Way To Go, Princess!

On the Regal recently, they finally smartened up & called people doing a B2B trip the day before the first disembarkation to ask what you preferred in the setup. 

No more having to call & change out their standard selections. 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

On the Regal recently, they finally smartened up & called people doing a B2B trip the day before the first disembarkation to ask what you preferred in the setup. 

No more having to call & change out their standard selections. 😉

I wish they'd put it in the Personalizer.

• Like 8

Our last cruise was our first as Elite. I had to hassle them for the mini bar. When they delivered it they said they were out of cognac and vodka so they delivered scotch and gin plus a bunch of beer. GAH!!!

Overall our first cruise as Elite had the worst cabin, the worst Steward (BY FAR!!!), the worst Internet service and the worst CD staff (again, BY FAR!!!) we have ever encountered. Oh, yeah, we did try out the laundry service but the steward took my wife's pants and returned a pair of 24" x 29" "Skinny" jeans. Nope, nope, nope. Not her size. Not even close. It took 3 days to get that straightened out. Welcome to your "super snazzy" Elite status. <sigh...>

• Haha 1

How much did you have to hassle them? It's always been ready in our cabin. Some of the time, they had to sub different liquors or soft drinks. They were out of cognac last summer in Alaska and automatically subbed in the vodka. But making changes has never been a hassle to me. Just a quick call to room service. And we make changes every cruise.

• Like 3

Sadly, Dewar's white label is not good scotch. (Malt if you are from Scotland.). Dewar's 12 is fine with me but the White Label... not so much. It's drinkable but one may want to mix it with something which, to my mind, defeats the purpose of scotch whisky.