So if you have a cruise cancelled, would you vacation elsewhere this summer?

Hllb

Just now, clo said:

Lots of national parks (and others) questions these days. We're thinking about driving to Black Rock Desert where Burning Man is held and just dry camping for a couple of days to get out of the house.

I could do that down south, I guess.  I just wish I didn't have to drive 5 hours to do it.  I'm not outfitted for Winter camping (it's a tad more expensive than 3 season stuff)

1 minute ago, slidergirl said:

I could do that down south, I guess.  I just wish I didn't have to drive 5 hours to do it.  I'm not outfitted for Winter camping (it's a tad more expensive than 3 season stuff)

We have a new(to us) little rv.

7 minutes ago, clo said:

I prefer vodka with Wavy Lays.

Well, I do have 3 bottles of Titos that I got when cleaning out guest condos (we do it before housekeeping gets in there - they get the food)...  I also have a bottle of Zyr sitting in the freezer, and a bottle of Five Wives on the shelf.  I'm sucking down some Pioneer Chips right now.   If I want to treat myself, I can bring out a snifter and have a shot of my really, really good Don Q Gran Anejo rum.   I think I have enough alcohol to keep the bug away...

P.s.  If I want to think I'm in Italy, I'll take the Limoncello out of the freezer, open it up and have a few drinks while listening to Andrea Bocelli 😉

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, clo said:

We have a new(to us) little rv.

Excellent!  Way back in the 80s, my now-ex and I bought a little RV.  It was fun being able to go anytime, anywhere.   If I had a spare $60,000, I'd buy myself one of those Mercedes Sprinter campervans and head out and about.

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

A bouncer at a Main Street bar.  Saw hundreds of tourists and locals, handled hundreds of pieces of ID.  He hasn't traveled or come into known contact with another COVID-19 person.   Scares the cr*p out of me, as I deal with guests all day long.  I'm basically in self-quarantine for awhile.  I'm in that "zone" - over 60, exacerbating condition.  Our county took quick action - telling people not to come, closing all restaurants and bars to in-dining (takeout only), no 3rd party delivery services (Door Dash, UberEats, etc.), urging locals to stay home unless necessary.  It's hurting a lot of us, since we are a resort town and many, many people here are service/gig workers and we've lost our jobs.  

Stay safe out there!

Self quarantine to protect yourself, with an Ro between 2-4 and 10 day medium time before you get symptoms expect about 3-4 weeks for an explosion of cases.

1 minute ago, slidergirl said:

Well, I do have 3 bottles of Titos that I got when cleaning out guest condos (we do it before housekeeping gets in there - they get the food)...  

Tito's?  Now wait a minute. That would make perfectly good hand sanitizer according to last week's trending online topics, lol. You could make a fortune...!

1 minute ago, chipmaster said:

Self quarantine to protect yourself, with an Ro between 2-4 and 10 day medium time before you get symptoms expect about 3-4 weeks for an explosion of cases.

I'm already hunkered down.  

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

Tito's?  Now wait a minute. That would make perfectly good hand sanitizer according to last week's trending online topics, lol. You could make a fortune...!

Unfortunately, it isn't a high-enough alcohol content (according to Titos).  I need some Everclear - maybe I'll risk a trip to the state Liquor store for that one... (yes, I know you were joking).    

Waiting for our 2 local distilleries to start making sanitizer - there are a few others in other states who are doing it!

16 minutes ago, clo said:

Lots of national parks (and others) questions these days. We're thinking about driving to Black Rock Desert where Burning Man is held and just dry camping for a couple of days to get out of the house.

totally OT *(sorry)* but when you said Burning Man...

One of our property management concierges does Burning Man every year.  He does high-end transportation for high-end people.  At Burning Man, he drives around in an Armadillo - yes, he has a vehicle decked out to look like an Armadillo!!!  

On 3/7/2020 at 12:14 PM, ldubs said:

I cancelled all of my birthdays, but for some reason I am still getting older.  <sigh>

Getting older  beats the alternative.

One gets older ( if  lucky)   

There is only one way to stop aging.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

He does high-end transportation for high-end people.

"Those" people are looked upon with disdain by true Burners. (I only know this second hand.) They have "ruined" the whole counter culture upon which it was based. But I'd hang out with those people with their chefs etc. 🙂 If I ever got invited. Otherwise I ain't goin' to the NV desert in August 🙂

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I want to start new threads over on Cruise Fashion and Beauty: "Ask us about Camping and Quarantine Fashion" and "Do you put all your makeup on everyday when in quarantine?"     😜

Re the second question, I have no doubt they do. LOL. Gotta have a little humor these days.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

"Do you put all your makeup on everyday when in quarantine?"     😜

Yes, and I use some of my stash of 1,014 rolls of toilet paper to take it off at the end of the day. 

Seriously though, I've been self-quarantined since my return from Naples. The day I was to go back in the office after my 14 days at home (last Friday) my company announced we were to work remotely for the foreseeable future. I am climbing the walls....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, and I use some of my stash of 1,014 rolls of toilet paper to take it off at the end of the day. 

Seriously though, I've been self-quarantined since my return from Naples. The day I was to go back in the office after my 14 days at home (last Friday) my company announced we were to work remotely for the foreseeable future. I am climbing the walls....

I was a telecommuter for 10 years.  You have to learn how to self-amuse.  All those things you swear you'd never do - watch cheesy reality TV (Jax & Brittney getting married tonight, Real Housewives of NJ Reunion Part 3, Dr. Phil), blow time on CC, put on some music and dance...  it's either that or get drunk.   

I'm going naked face.  And, I took my trash can out to the curb wearing my jammies and didn't comb my hair...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

"Those" people are looked upon with disdain by true Burners. (I only know this second hand.) They have "ruined" the whole counter culture upon which it was based. But I'd hang out with those people with their chefs etc. 🙂 If I ever got invited. Otherwise I ain't goin' to the NV desert in August 🙂

He was a true Burner back in the day.  He discovered he could get his way paid by doing the transportation.  Some of his pictures just made us laugh - we couldn't imagine him hanging out with some of his clientele!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

And, I took my trash can out to the curb wearing my jammies and didn't comb my hair...

Our 'outing' on Sunday was, wearing our pajama-equivalents and no hair combing, to drive to the Costco parking lot, check the fact that there were no lines and then do drive-thru McD's for a sausage McM 🙂

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, clo said:

But that doesn't mean you can't go to the grocery. That's been our 'big outing' for several days now.

Oh, been there and done that. Went to my grocery store at 8am on Sunday morning -- underground neighborhood rumor mill had it that they would have restocked some toilet paper overnight, and they did. Good thing, we were down to our last 200 rolls... :classic_rolleyes:

Seriously, I did stock up on food as they (our local news) keep telling us to have 2 weeks' worth of groceries on hand.

Just now, cruisemom42 said:

Oh, been there and done that. Went to my grocery store at 8am on Sunday morning -- underground neighborhood rumor mill had it that they would have restocked some toilet paper overnight, and they did. Good thing, we were down to our last 200 rolls... :classic_rolleyes:

Seriously, I did stock up on food as they (our local news) keep telling us to have 2 weeks' worth of groceries on hand.

Our issue, not really a problem, is that the trucks couldn't get over Donner Summit due to snow. 

20200316_103446 - Edited.jpg

15 minutes ago, clo said:

Our issue, not really a problem, is that the trucks couldn't get over Donner Summit due to snow. 

20200316_103446 - Edited.jpg

And, that snow is headed my way.  The skiers and riders who have no fear are going to be upset that the resorts are closed.

9 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

And, that snow is headed my way.  The skiers and riders who have no fear are going to be upset that the resorts are closed.

Yeah, ours closed on Saturday.

We're self-isolated now, as OH has some medical problems, and is over 70, and the Prime Minister suggested this on Monday, so we're limited to driving to isolated spots for a walk... or standing outside in the (seemingly) constant rain. I think all over 70s have to self-isolate by this weekend- at least, that was the hint the PM made on Monday.

We shop on line, but there's very few slots vacant- I managed to pick one up for over a week later, but the villagers are amazing and have set up a network of people who will deliver goods. 

Perhaps the soggy garden might get some attention... and to my joy, hedgehogs came out from hibernation, so I'm feeding at least three, and enjoying their antics.

Stay safe. x

• Like 1