MUTS Movies in Light Of Current Events?

SargassoPirate

I would imagine that they will not show any movie that deals with a pandemic.  For the same reason airplanes do not show airplane disaster movies.  They are not about to show the movie Titanic for the same reason.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I would imagine that they will not show any movie that deals with a pandemic.  For the same reason airplanes do not show airplane disaster movies.  They are not about to show the movie Titanic for the same reason.

they used to show Titanic on Princess ships.

• Like 1

"Outbreak"

From Google:

"A dangerous airborne virus threatens civilization in this tense thriller. After an African monkey carrying a lethal virus is smuggled into the U.S., an outbreak occurs in a California town. To control the spread of the disease, a team of doctors is brought in that includes a contagious disease expert (Dustin Hoffman) and his ex-wife (Rene Russo). Once the Army intervenes to handle the situation, though, the doctors must fight against the clock to save the town and its residents."

Edited by EDDY0827

44 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I watched the Denzel Washington movie Flight on a plane. Complete with plane being upside down.

24 minutes ago, MrPantsOz said:

I watched the Denzel Washington movie Flight on a plane. Complete with plane being upside down.

If you all chip in $10 to the captain, he will do a barrel roll.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/7/2020 at 7:29 PM, EDDY0827 said:

"Outbreak"

From Google:

"A dangerous airborne virus threatens civilization in this tense thriller. After an African monkey carrying a lethal virus is smuggled into the U.S., an outbreak occurs in a California town. To control the spread of the disease, a team of doctors is brought in that includes a contagious disease expert (Dustin Hoffman) and his ex-wife (Rene Russo). Once the Army intervenes to handle the situation, though, theh

Thanks about the "Outbreak" reference.  While over the last few weeks many people have been mentioning the "Contagion" movie.  However, I first thought of "Outbreak" which predated "Contagion" but couldn't remember the name.  Remembered that Hoffman and Russo was in it, just didn't feel like to deep dive to figure out the movie.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 6:01 PM, satxdiver said:

Actually, on our very first cruise they showed Jaws and Titanic on MUTS

On 3/7/2020 at 5:10 PM, tgwabd said:

If you all chip in $10 to the captain, he will do a barrel roll.....

Actually, a commercial jet or at least a commercial jet test plane has done a barrel roll.  Back in 1955, the Boeing Dash 80 which was the 707 prototype did 2 barrel rolls at a show just to demonstrate that it could be done - https://www.seattlepi.com/local/politics/article/Connelly-A-legendary-barrel-roll-that-launched-13130562.php.

DON

On 3/7/2020 at 4:29 PM, EDDY0827 said:

"Outbreak"

From Google:

"A dangerous airborne virus threatens civilization in this tense thriller. After an African monkey carrying a lethal virus is smuggled into the U.S., an outbreak occurs in a California town. To control the spread of the disease, a team of doctors is brought in that includes a contagious disease expert (Dustin Hoffman) and his ex-wife (Rene Russo). Once the Army intervenes to handle the situation, though, the doctors must fight against the clock to save the town and its residents."

I just watched that the other day.  I like to freak myself out, apparently.  😃 

On 3/7/2020 at 7:01 PM, satxdiver said:

I will never forget the first movies I saw on MUTS while sailing in the Caribbean.  Titanic, The Poseidon Adventure and Jaws.  This was back in 2006 on the Caribbean Princess.

Edited by Iamcruzin

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I will never forget the first movies I saw on MUTS while sailing in the Caribbean.  Titanic, The Poseidon Adventure and Jaws.  This was back in 2006 on the Caribbean Princess.

We were on the Caribbean Princess in March 2006, too!  I posted about those, but I don't remember The Poseidon Adventure.   I do remember Titanic and Jaws!

31 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We were on the Caribbean Princess in March 2006, too!  I posted about those, but I don't remember The Poseidon Adventure.   I do remember Titanic and Jaws!

We were on May 2006.  Not only couldn't I believe they showed those movies, I also couldn't believe the amount who showed up to watch them.  I think MUTS was the new feature back then.  We were at the pool day and night.  Now I couldn't be far enough away during the day. 

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

We were on May 2006.  Not only couldn't I believe they showed those movies, I also couldn't believe the amount who showed up to watch them.  I think MUTS was the new feature back then.  We were at the pool day and night.  Now I couldn't be far enough away during the day. 

We showed up and LOVED it, LOL     Jaws freaked me out a little more than Titanic.    We were floating around the Caribbean, so not worried about an iceburg.  However, sharks are always a possibility.    But I remember laughing about it then.

17 minutes ago, wrongwaywatson said:

We showed up and LOVED it, LOL     Jaws freaked me out a little more than Titanic.    We were floating around the Caribbean, so not worried about an iceburg.  However, sharks are always a possibility.    But I remember laughing about it then.

I was told by a snorkeling guide that there are no sharks in the Caribbean waters. He said they move them to the Jewelry stores when ships are in port...LOL 

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 4:01 PM, satxdiver said:

On an Alaska cruise in 1998 , we were watching Titanic in Dawn's "theater" remember when a big screen would drop down in front of the curtain in the show venue.  Anyway...at the point in the movie when the ship is sinking, Dawn must have hit some rough wave...because there was a bump that sent a chill and nervous laughter thru the crowd of about 50 of us....memories....

Was on Carnival Panorama, this last week ...when we were detained a day...not a good feeling knowing you might be captive for 14 days......there were over 1000 kids on the ship..they were so well behaved but add 14 more days...one wonders. 

Edited by land lover

21 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I was told by a snorkeling guide that there are no sharks in the Caribbean waters. He said they move them to the Jewelry stores when ships are in port...LOL 

Smile for the day, thanks..

However we have seen sharks, while snorkeling  and remember that 21 year old girl that died from an attack last year...in the Bahamas, if I remember correctly she was swimming within a rope parameter....so sad.