Health Question Sheet at Embark?

21 minutes ago, Seacreature101 said:

Can you tell me if the questions on health sheet you complete at embarkation is same at boarding as it has been or is it more intense?

Thanks

I keep reading they will take everyone's temperature but then read didnt happen. So far seems like no.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I keep reading they will take everyone's temperature but then read didnt happen. So far seems like no.

John Heald had a FB live yesterday showing them using the forehead scanner thermometers as passengers boarded..super quick..like 2 seconds as they pass by

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

John Heald had a FB live yesterday showing them using the forehead scanner thermometers as passengers boarded..super quick..like 2 seconds as they pass by

Oh great to know. I was worried tbh how they took temperature. If it was sanitary. Thanks

• Like 3

I wonder how many people will actually answer ANY of those questions truthfully if the answer was “yes”. Those who have traveled as far as reaching the cruise terminal knowing darn well where they have been and around who aren’t going to answer truthfully if it’s going to prevent them from boarding. Questionnaires do very little if anything. “Are you sick.” “Yes,  very ... what time do I board?” 

• Like 2

Unless I'm mistaken,  if you have been to one of those countries, it would have had to have been with a passport.  If so, it would be stamped that you were there.  It would take more time for them to check you in but that's one way of knowing for sure if you had been to one of those countries.  

There's a good chance that people checking in with ID and birth certificate don't have passports so they wouldn't be able to travel there anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I know someone who works in Port Canaveral, boarding.

I was told that they allow all passengers into the building, stand in line, go to bathroom and wait for pre-boarding, and only once your boarding group is called, do they take temperatures of people.

Little late you'd think, since everyone has now been in lines and confined together within the building.

Should be doing temps of people outside the building

• Like 3

Maybe things have changed since we boarded the Magic on February 29th in Port Everglades, but at that time they had the questionnaire but no one checked our temperatures. Which surprised us.

And they didn't serve the food until the last day. Until then, it was business as usual at the buffet. We were denied entry in Grand Turk, but I imagine that has long since been reported here.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

The check-in health questionnaires have minor changes several times a week, it seems. Right now we are at version 7 of the form; some countries have been moved between question 1 and 3. Also, another change is that you are asked if within the last 20 days, have you [...], instead of last 14 days.

From what I have understood, you answer positively to question one, your chances for a denied boarding are almost certain. Then again, to my understanding all passport or residence card holders from the "first question" countries are also blocked in the system, and a supervisor has to clear these cabins at check-in so as let anyone through.

In any case, a medical assessment will be made by ship medical staff who are called down to the terminal.

I was told that [on West Coast] Friday the 6th was the first day temperatures were taken from all travelers.

As for people willfully misrepresenting themselves so as not to be denied, sure, the chances are it can happen. That is why I think Carnival has edited the wording on the form to include penalties for any individual found lying [and the chances for that are..?). The first forms IIRC just said that by signing the undersigned understands that any false answer may have a major public health implication. It seems to be that by changing the wording, Carnival are basically covering their own a$$es from lawsuits.

From a port agent's point of view I would hope the health questionnaires were part of the documents guests need to have printed out in advance. At the moment we are really bogged down by assisting in filling out these forms for every single individual.

12 hours ago, AgentMinusOne said:

The check-in health questionnaires have minor changes several times a week, it seems. Right now we are at version 7 of the form; some countries have been moved between question 1 and 3. Also, another change is that you are asked if within the last 20 days, have you [...], instead of last 14 days.

From what I have understood, you answer positively to question one, your chances for a denied boarding are almost certain. Then again, to my understanding all passport or residence card holders from the "first question" countries are also blocked in the system, and a supervisor has to clear these cabins at check-in so as let anyone through.

In any case, a medical assessment will be made by ship medical staff who are called down to the terminal.

I was told that [on West Coast] Friday the 6th was the first day temperatures were taken from all travelers.

As for people willfully misrepresenting themselves so as not to be denied, sure, the chances are it can happen. That is why I think Carnival has edited the wording on the form to include penalties for any individual found lying [and the chances for that are..?). The first forms IIRC just said that by signing the undersigned understands that any false answer may have a major public health implication. It seems to be that by changing the wording, Carnival are basically covering their own a$$es from lawsuits.

From a port agent's point of view I would hope the health questionnaires were part of the documents guests need to have printed out in advance. At the moment we are really bogged down by assisting in filling out these forms for every single individual.

At POM, there was one tiny stand with everyone crowding in to get a form and a shared pencil 

20 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

At POM, there was one tiny stand with everyone crowding in to get a form and a shared pencil 

Note to self: Put several pens and scratchpads in backpack for events like this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1