Anyone on the Jewel of the Seas (Dubai/Oman 7 day cruise)

Just wondering if anyone is currently on the Jewel (or know of anyone on the ship). It set sail on March 9 from Dubai. My parents are supposed to be on it right now but I haven't heard from them (they are usually responsive and they promised to text me when they get on the ship). 

I read on a different forum and some media outlets that Dubai closed its ports to all cruise ships. But i also read from another source that the ports are open...and the Dubai/Oman 7 day itinerary just changed a bit (not stopping in Oman). But I'm not sure how reliable those sources are. I tried calling Royal Caribbean but can't get through (I'm guessing because of the influx of callers). 

If anyone has any information, that'd be great!! 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Search the other Jewel related threads - there are existing threads with info about her.

Sorry, newbie mistake! I didn't realize there were roll call threads. I already found some that are helpful 🙂

1 hour ago, maureencruiser said:

Does their texting plan work in Dubai?  What about email or Facebook.

They bought a SIM card with data. We normally communicate via Messenger or Whatsapp...but still haven't heard from them yet. I guess i shouldn't worry since the ship seems to be doing fine!

Update:

2 separate issues:

1. Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas ports are closed.

2. 2 guests onboard reported sick. 1 with throat infection and 1 with gastrointestinal. Both are quarantined and being tested.

We're getting a full refund and if all goes well, we will be free to remain onboard until the scheduled end of the cruise.

36 minutes ago, Crism said:

Update:

2 separate issues:

1. Abu Dhabi and Sir Bani Yas ports are closed.

2. 2 guests onboard reported sick. 1 with throat infection and 1 with gastrointestinal. Both are quarantined and being tested.

We're getting a full refund and if all goes well, we will be free to remain onboard until the scheduled end of the cruise.

I appreciate the update. Ugh feel so bad for you guys onboard but full refund is good news (and expected). Fingers crossed the person just has a throat infection and not COVID-19 so everyone can enjoy the rest of the cruise.

1115am - 45 minutes until the next update.

They had a small gangway this morning for authorities (and I presume the sick passenger) to come in and off and it was removed for a few hours. It's back again now.

Officers appeared to be having a meeting around 10am in the conference center when I walked by.

Pool deck is PACKED with 0 seats available! Great weather, hot, little to no breeze. Captains reception last night announced 900 Brits onboard, 200ish USA...mix of Russians and Canadians. Good group!

1130am - Just looked and we're fully closed up again.

Edited by Crism

Hi Jo89315 welcome to CC

It's perfectly natural to worry about your parents but there maybe an innocent reason why they have not been in contact with you.

On my parents last cruise my dad forgot his charger (and for course his battery was low) and my mum forgot her phone.  

Please let us know if they do get in touch with you.

6 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Thanks for the updates. Hope it turns out to be a throat infection and no more! 

We all do too. No one seems too concerned on the ship. Treating it like a regular sea day. Main Dining Room is open for lunch.

Solarium roof is even open! I was on Brilliance for 9 nights last month, and they didn't open it once, even in good weather.

Our loose plan, if all goes well, is to check out a few extra sites we missed in Dubai and head home maybe a day early.

26 minutes ago, Crism said:

We all do too. No one seems too concerned on the ship. Treating it like a regular sea day. Main Dining Room is open for lunch.

Solarium roof is even open! I was on Brilliance for 9 nights last month, and they didn't open it once, even in good weather.

Our loose plan, if all goes well, is to check out a few extra sites we missed in Dubai and head home maybe a day early.

Hmmm, despite the circumstances, this is making me feel quite jealous! ☀️ I'm currently on a train in a wintery London! 

We did the desert jeep sand dune tour in Dubai and it was great fun if you haven't done that already. 

Edited by Mark_UK

3 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Hmmm, despite the circumstances, this is making me feel quite jealous! ☀️ I'm currently on a train in a wintery Linden! 

We did the desert jeep sand dune tour in Dubai and it was great fun if you haven't done that already. 

Yes, yesterday! It was a blast! We had a great guide who answered the tons of questions we asked.

Glad to hear that everyone is in good spirits and hope it all turns out to be nothing sinister. Dubai is a very nice place to be stranded, especially with free accommodation😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crism said:

Are you on the “social face” site too.. can you share this info there too please? 

9 hours ago, Jo89315 said:

Sorry, newbie mistake! I didn't realize there were roll call threads. I already found some that are helpful 🙂

Not just Roll Call, but on the main page here in the RCI section, there's a drop down by ship.

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Hmmm, despite the circumstances, this is making me feel quite jealous! ☀️ I'm currently on a train in a wintery London! 

Second the desert safari. Great fun 

4 hours ago, Bloodgem said:

Hi Jo89315 welcome to CC

It's perfectly natural to worry about your parents but there maybe an innocent reason why they have not been in contact with you.

On my parents last cruise my dad forgot his charger (and for course his battery was low) and my mum forgot her phone.  

Please let us know if they do get in touch with you.

Thanks! I finally heard back from my parents. They said they were too busy having fun to text us haha 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2