Princess pauses all cruises for 60 days.

Cruise lines are definitely taking a financial hit.

So many crew members will be losing their source of income over the next few months. For us it is a matter of inconvenience in missing our cruise and having to reschedule. For many of the cruise line employees it is a much more serious issue of losing their income.

The obvious question now is whether cruise fares will  increase to make up for their losses or decrease to encourage people to cruise?

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 4

sherri914

The summer season hasn't really started Europe/Med so there aren't many ships here.

Looking on cruisemapper I can see Princess have 8 ships in Caribbean/West Coast and others in Asia/Australia.  I suspect any that were heading over to the Europe/Med will not now be coming.

The only Royal Caribbean ship in the Med at the moment is Allure.  it's a transatlantic due to dock in Barcelona tomorrow.  

Edited by livylotte
  • Like 1

This will be All Cruise lines. Most likely Carnival corp. will be first since Princess is under their umbrella.  Royal, MSC, NCL ect... will follow suit.  Problem is NCL probably wont survive this financially.  They are heavily in debt and very little in cash.  However,  someone will buy them out. 

I truly hope we can ALL soon enough have this in our rear view mirror, and this crisis will be over very soon and we all stay well and healthy. 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, kernow said:

Think all of them will have to do something similar soon.

Are they closing schools and Universities in the UK?  Seems you guys are able to test for. COVID-19 much quicker than in the states right now?

5 minutes ago, Drumstix40 said:

Are they closing schools and Universities in the UK?  Seems you guys are able to test for. COVID-19 much quicker than in the states right now?

Schools not closed yet but it is imminent. We are all waiting for the announcement on this which will probably be sometime today. One of my DC's is a teacher and they have been told this morning that her school will be closing for 4 weeks and to prepare work sheets and revision guides for the students who have exams fast approaching.  Our exam season is just weeks away so the timing couldn't be worse.

They are only testing Covid-19 on people who have been to Italy/Hubai  etc or in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed.  So the numbers of people who actually have the virus is probably a lot bigger that the statistics show.

Well.  Fully expecting my May 9th on SOS out of Miami to be cancelled now.  I know it's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but trying to wrap my head around losing this event my family has been planning for so long is hard.  Just trying to prepare for the inevitable I guess 😕

We are definitely cancelling our 4/5 trip. But we are waiting for the actual cancellation.. We paid alot of money for our cruise during spring break at suite level. I don't want that FCC, I would rather a cash refund.

• Like 4

My current booked cruises are farther away than two months, so I hope I will be sailing.

My university has switched to online instruction for the next two weeks after being closed this week for spring break.

The issue is not how many current cases their are, but that they are doubling every week, and that healthy people are likely to be carriers. I did just book travel insurance in case I need to use it.

Be safe everyone and washy washy!