Cancellation Deadline

Tbucs19

Leaving on the Edge this Sunday, 3/15.  I have 48 hours prior to sailing to cancel for future cruise credit.

What is latest time then I could call Celebrity?  3 or 4pm Friday afternoon or you think by midnight tonight?

4 hours ago, Tbucs19 said:

Leaving on the Edge this Sunday, 3/15.  I have 48 hours prior to sailing to cancel for future cruise credit.

What is latest time then I could call Celebrity?  3 or 4pm Friday afternoon or you think by midnight tonight?

Now. Could easily take a while to get to your TA and longer for them to contact Celebrity.  MY TA said they were calling cancellations in once a day as hold times were in the hours.

5 hours ago, Tbucs19 said:

Emailed my TA this morning and she said that with Celebrity it is actually 72 hours before departure, not 48.

5 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

Emailed my TA this morning and she said that with Celebrity it is actually 72 hours before departure, not 48.

Not exactly correct. Celebrity requires CLEARLY 48 hours notice. Your TA wants another 24 hours to notify Celebrity.

Again cannot imagine any TA would accept an email to cancel. Every TA I used required a phone call and my current TA makes a followup email mandatory.

5 hours ago, az_tchr said:

Not exactly correct. Celebrity requires CLEARLY 48 hours notice. Your TA wants another 24 hours to notify Celebrity.

Again cannot imagine any TA would accept an email to cancel. Every TA I used required a phone call and my current TA makes a followup email mandatory.

I wasn't emailing to cancel, merely asking a question.  You shouldn't assume without having the facts. How do you know what my TA wants me to do to cancel?

We just visited our full service TA and told her we wanted to cancel.  She told us she expected to be on hold for a real longtime and we could go about our business. Then went out for a nice dinner to cry in our pre-dinner drinks!  We had the cancellation documents the next day via email.  

22 hours ago, Tbucs19 said:

It took our agent several days to process our cancellation. You won't be the first customer your agent helps... they have lists of cancellations ahead of you. No one should wait until the last day to cancel, IMHO.

We sail on the Equinox tomorrow and were told that if we wanted to cancel it had to be by midnight Wednesday and not exactly 48 hours before sailing. We didn’t cancel though. We would’ve lost a lot of money if we did as we booked 2 cabins, but only would get FCC for one and the people on the other cabin can’t sail before the end of 2021so that FCC would go unused.

Celebrity is trash at this point for putting this whole thing on passengers to decide like its Lord of the Flies or something.  Need to step up ASAP and cancel the next few weeks at least in light of all the other hysteria and panic goin on.