Refund timing?

dlesh77

The FCC are not visible on your personal profile page.  Supposedly it is registered under the original booking number of the cancelled cruise. This credit is linked to your Mariner number we just can't see it.  I did receive an e-mail notification directly from HAL advising us of our individual FCC.

• 2 hours ago, seb1899 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to respond or ask a question.

• Copy - FCC notification received

1?ui=2&ik=a352a5df00&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1661595820098047651&th=170f2c984937cea3&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ89KVnqUBTRHr12JibuBnn-eXtGH9IbopIrXGF_ALEGgvJ_vVlNCThOVvGxvbfHB5sfjdHG3dcrHigygA39objNbC_i6A4J4kDvGEiQ8itxXqQiOXFMxQQvFVc&disp=emb

March 18, 2020

Dear Travel Partner,

In light of the uncertainty regarding travel due to concerns about Covid-19, Holland America Line recently introduced a new Short Term Cancellation Policy on all departures between now and July 31, 2020. We are allowing guests the option of cancelling their booking no later than July 29, 2020, with a minimum of 48 hours in advance of their departure date, and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the amount of their cancellation fee that can be used for another cruise in 2020 or 2021.

We note that (passengers names)  recently cancelled their cruise booking (XXXXXX) and we are happy to inform you that we are retroactively applying this policy to qualified bookings cancelled after January 20, 2020. Consequently, you now have FCCs attached to Mariner IDs (xxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxx) in the amount of $XXXX,00 per person. The FCC must be booked by December 31, 2020. This applies to bookings on spring 2020 Land+Sea Journeys and cruises for all destinations. FCCs are nonrefundable, non-transferrable and do not have to be used on the same destination that was cancelled.

Kind regards,

Holland America Line

This is an automated email, please do not reply as responses to this address are not monitored.

Edited by friedaliene

On 6/3/2020 at 3:02 PM, kelmac said:

I'm all whole with my refunds, but have not received anything related to my FCC.  How many of you have received word concerning your FCC?  They said it would come in the form of an email; what does that look like?  Last week I asked my TA to check on it, and he said my account does not list it as of yet.  It's been 82 days since HAL cancelled our cruise.

Thanks,

Kel😄

We have our FCCs but never received the emails.  We phoned HAL and they looked it up for us.  Guest Services basically refused to re-send the emails so we could have a copy of the amount, the use-by date and the terms.  Have to go through the TA, apparently, although I have no idea why.

Hello All,

I cancelled my spring cruises March 9th. My refund was finally processed by HAL on May 29th and showed up on my credit card account today. So they’re slowly starting. 

Good luck and hopefully we’ll all be sailing again soon. 

Andrea

• Like 3

We cancelled our March 18 cruise on March 13.  The cruise itself was cancelled a few days later.  On the phone with HA they said because we cancelled before the cruise line cancelled we forfeit the whole amount less the taxes.  We had filled out a form in March where we were offered 100 percent of our cruise refunded or FCC. We elected the refund.  Now they say we don't get it. We're going back to our agent now.

On 6/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, seb1899 said:

Not sure if this is the right place to respond or ask a question.

We had a cruise planned and paid for departing Ft Lauderdale to Rome April 19 and we cancelled thru our travel Agent - a mega cruise seller in Houston on March 12. The cancellation was under HA's rules 25% refunded to my credit card and the other 75% was to be issued as a Future Cruise Credit which we thought was fair given the fact we cancelled before the sailing date. We were prepared to lose the whole fare given the conditions in Italy

I was pleasantly surprised to see a credit on my credit card statement for more than 25% but I have received no communication from HA re a future cruise credit.

Should I be asking my "mega" travel agent about this (they follow up with HA?) or should I wait another couple of weeks to see if I get email regarding the FCC and if I receive nothing via email follow up directly with HA ( I checked HA under my Mariner # today and there is nothing)

I hope we can cruise either in December this year or May of 2021 as a vaccine may be available then

1 hour ago, JerriBonner said:

We cancelled our March 18 cruise on March 13.  The cruise itself was cancelled a few days later.  On the phone with HA they said because we cancelled before the cruise line cancelled we forfeit the whole amount less the taxes.  We had filled out a form in March where we were offered 100 percent of our cruise refunded or FCC. We elected the refund.  Now they say we don't get it. We're going back to our agent now.

Our March 18 cruise was cancelled by HAL late on March 13.  I got wind of it on the news.  We were going to be on the Zuiderdam.

Thank you Crazy for Cats.  I think we finally have it straightened out.  Yes the cruise was cancelled on March 13, same day we cancelled.  HAI could not find the form we submitted to them asking for a refund and was putting us in the category of wanting an FCC which they haven't yet gotten to.  As of now we are back in the group requesting a refund,  so we'll give it some more time.

We cancelled on Mar 6/20 our Apr 22/20 departure - at this time HAL was offering FCC on the amount that was really no longer eligible for refund but they were allowing FCC for this portion.  I have attached PDF of HAL Press Release Mar 6/20 & Mar 13/20 for your reference. 

I am disputing the FCC credit and have requested a refund to my credit card - this is based on how policy changed almost daily early in COVID.  HAL cancelled our cruise Mar 30/20, but even by Mar 16/20 we would no longer have been able to fly to the US as border was closed for only essential travel.  On Apr. 7/20, they sweetened the pot and would give me 125% FCC plus $250 OBC, if I settled the dispute.  I call weekly to inquire about the refund and advised that it's in "Special Circumstances" queue ??  The dispute does not fall under my Credit Card disputed charges as I got what was being offered at the time.  I will wait for hopefully a decision in my favour. The FCC is still mine if cruising becomes viable ?? I wish you luck getting the FCC which certainly should be allocated to based on the policy.

• 1 hour ago, JerriBonner said:

Mar 13-20 Press Release Pause of Global Ship Operations.pdf Mar 6-20 Press Release New Book With Confidence Program.pdf

Our Pacific Coastal scheduled for 4/25 was cancelled by HAL on 3/30. Same day we contacted our TA who requested a refund. Full refund hit my credit card today including the $100 deposit we had paid many months earlier. Was able to get credits previously for airfare, so we are whole again.

Took awhile, but we finally got it. It has given me hope to see the refund updates, so thought I would add our experience. Can’t wait till we can sail again. Hope all of you are staying well.

Paula

Still waiting for a sign that the refund is coming. Our cruise was scheduled June 20th. It was canceled in mid March.  I filled the form to request a refund and not a FCC in early April. I have not seen any sign that anything has happened. For those of you who have received refunds, what is the expected sequence of events?

I am expecting this sequence: 1. my booking will be canceled, 2. some notification from HAL of the refund to my credit card and 3. credit show up on my credit card. Anything else?

I am waiting.

23 minutes ago, TomInVT said:

Still waiting for a sign that the refund is coming. Our cruise was scheduled June 20th. It was canceled in mid March.  I filled the form to request a refund and not a FCC in early April. I have not seen any sign that anything has happened. For those of you who have received refunds, what is the expected sequence of events?

I am expecting this sequence: 1. my booking will be canceled, 2. some notification from HAL of the refund to my credit card and 3. credit show up on my credit card. Anything else?

I am waiting.

based on what others have been posting, you should lower your expectations to #3 only.

• Like 2

HAL cancelled my May 4 Alaska cruise on March 13th.  Today received the $500 credit charged to my American Express card to get the $100 OBC.  No other refunds to the other two credit cards I used to make monthly payments (will never do that again).  I have not challenged any of the charges.

On 6/14/2020 at 2:07 PM, Crew News said:

HAL cancelled my May 4 Alaska cruise on March 13th.  Today received the $500 credit charged to my American Express card to get the $100 OBC.  No other refunds to the other two credit cards I used to make monthly payments (will never do that again).  I have not challenged any of the charges.

I rec'd my full refund on my Amex card (for the same canceled cruise) on June 12th.  Hope you get yours soon.

We have yet to receive a refund for taxes and port fees from our June 7 cruise that HAL canceled on April 16, but today our credit card balance reflected a June 12 credit for the deposit we had on an October cruise that we canceled on June 11.

Still awaiting refund 90+ days after HAL cancelled my cruise on MS Noordam to depart Auckland on March 19, 2020. They approved the refund my having declined the 125% FCC, but still no reimbursement other than the credit to my credit card reversing charges for excursions.

Hooray, we canceled our mid-August cruise in early April and the refund just posted to our credit card today. I'm just grateful to have the money back and will be stashing it away to use for a future cruise...….someday.

Best wishes and good luck!

Our May 7 cruise to Alaska was cancelled by HAL at the end of March and TA requested a refund on April 1. Full refund was credited to our credit card today; it was dated June 18. Took about 81 days. It was a tense wait; glad to have the cash in had.

After 99 days since my April 4 Transatlantic was cancelled and I requested a full refund, it finally was credited to my credit card today!  I received the full cruise cost, including the original deposit and the one way Lufthansa air that I booked through Holland!  Other than a refund from one shore excursion that I received three days after cancellation, I had not received any communication from Holland.  Hopefully things will open up again for cruising in 2021 ... I can’t wait!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 12:11 PM, Kfrech said:

I don't know how the FCC works because I opted for a full refund. I cancelled on 3/8 for a June Alaskan cruise. I've received no monies back at this point.

I actually used 3 different credit cards to pay for my cruise and disputed each one separately. It's a relatively easy process. You'll have to visit each credit card's website.

The CC company credits you back the monies...conditionally. They will give you a date where they expect the matter to be resolved between themselves and HAL. It is my understanding that once that date passes, the credited money is yours. They ask you to make them aware of any correspondence, credits, etc. that you receive from HAL.

I actually initiated the disputes weeks ago. I didn't even wait for the 60 day mark, since I have so little faith that HAL will refund any monies (whether willingly or otherwise).

Thank you Krech for your great advice! Also, thank you to all others who posted on disputing with the credit card companies! With all your great "how to" advice I initiated 3 disputes with the 2 credit card companies and got all my money back. I want to give back and give an update to help others who may want to use the dispute route. My update is as follows:

• 3/6/2020 - Self cancelled 5/10/2020, 14-day Baltic Cruise with roundtrip Flight Ease airfare. Was told refund would be 10% FCC and the remainder back to the credit cards in 7 to 10 business days.
  • 5/6/2020 - Disputed the 3 credit card charges with the 2 credit card companies.
  • 5/8/2020 - Received all my money back as conditional credits from both CC companies.
  • 5/25/2020 - CC #1 made the conditional credit permanent. This will be the credit card I will use for future bookings -- super speedy response!
  • 7/6/2020 - CC #2 made the remaining 2 conditional credits permanent.

I am really glad I went the dispute route. I really didn't want FCC in the first place and now I don't have to deal with it. Thank you everyone who helped me!

Edited by GabbiRose

Just saw the refund on my credit card for my June 20 cruise for 2 staterooms. All payments, deposits and FCC used for cruise deposit are credited. 100% refund.

Cruise was canceled mid March. I requested a refund, not a FCC early April.

Very happy!

• Like 1