List of cancelled cruises has changed...cutoff 4/10

treehugr

4 minutes ago, micheleg said:

Just feel like we're being strung along.  We're on the 4/20 sailing on the Eclipse from Honolulu to what was Vancouver.  Also was supposed to call at Victoria.  Our cruise never made the list because we're 38 days out, but now that we can't disembark in Canada, unless they wave Jones act, are they going to try to end in Ensenada or do a 30 minute stop to fulfill the international call and potentially still end in Seattle, where none of really want to go now, or leave through Sea-Tac.  No offense to Seattle, but until they get their act together, we'll pass. 

We haven't cancelled yet, still trying to see what's going to happen with the itinerary, but just the whole stress of this trip has really put a damper on what was to be a bucket list and anniversary cruise.  Not even one email to let us know they're working on things.  Celebrity, if you're reading this, you've really done a horrible job of taking care of your VERY loyal cruisers.  😞

I'm not sure that, given the circumstance, Celebrity can be accused of doing a horrible job. When a pandemic strikes, there are impacts that no one can predict, and cruise lines are no exception. For your cruise, there was no need to communicate with you as there were no changes for them to report. Then, in the middle of a day when they were facing further news from the US administration and were in the midst of instituting a ±30 day suspension, the Government of Canada dropped a huge bomb in their lap with the announcement that all Canadian cruise ports are to be closed until July. That was all just a few hours ago, so give it some time. Remember too the the cruise immediately preceding yours is also affected, and that barring a waiver to the PVSA, that cruise might never get underway. Be patient.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm not sure that, given the circumstance, Celebrity can be accused of doing a horrible job. When a pandemic strikes, there are impacts that no one can predict, and cruise lines are no exception. For your cruise, there was no need to communicate with you as there were no changes for them to report. Then, in the middle of a day when they were facing further news from the US administration and were in the midst of instituting a ±30 day suspension, the Government of Canada dropped a huge bomb in their lap with the announcement that all Canadian cruise ports are to be closed until July. That was all just a few hours ago, so give it some time. Remember too the the cruise immediately preceding yours is also affected, and that barring a waiver to the PVSA, that cruise might never get underway. Be patient.

Sorry...but I'm in IT, and in the customer service business and being in Miami, I also know how big their IT and marketing departments are.  I know what it takes to query databases by sailing dates, and formulate email blasts, especially with the marketing tools RCL/Celebrity has. There's no excuses, just a "we're working on it" email would've been nice with a projected date of when they'd have more info.  That's all it would've taken.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, micheleg said:

Just feel like we're being strung along.  We're on the 4/20 sailing on the Eclipse from Honolulu to what was Vancouver.  Also was supposed to call at Victoria.  Our cruise never made the list because we're 38 days out, but now that we can't disembark in Canada, unless they wave Jones act, are they going to try to end in Ensenada or do a 30 minute stop to fulfill the international call and potentially still end in Seattle, where none of really want to go now, or leave through Sea-Tac.  No offense to Seattle, but until they get their act together, we'll pass. 

We haven't cancelled yet, still trying to see what's going to happen with the itinerary, but just the whole stress of this trip has really put a damper on what was to be a bucket list and anniversary cruise.  Not even one email to let us know they're working on things.  Celebrity, if you're reading this, you've really done a horrible job of taking care of your VERY loyal cruisers.  😞

Hard to complain 38 days out with the chaos going on. The TAs start in mid April with nowhere to go. We are caught with a TA likely to be cancelled and a Norway cruise with all 4 ports closed.

Lots more changes and cancellations. Seems likely after X sorts this and the pending Alaska disaster along with all the Hero cruises being axed they will see what things look like on say April 1st. At that point would expect a clearer picture.

My DW and I had planned a long Europe trip. Now it is gone along with some thousands of £. COVID is not the fault of Celebrity.  They hoped things would get better. Think we both do.

• Like 1

For anyone on the 4/11 Equinox cruise.. trying logging into your reservation on Celebrity's website and see what it says. 

There's no inventory showing at the cruiseline right now for that date.

10 minutes ago, ocngypz said:

For anyone on the 4/11 Equinox cruise.. trying logging into your reservation on Celebrity's website and see what it says. 

There's no inventory showing at the cruiseline right now for that date.

If you go to April, Caribbean, 2020 

The first available cruise that comes up is April 21st - 

Its the only cruise in fact that comes up as available for April 2020 in the Caribbean. 

Edited by flvol77

3 hours ago, pks1 said:

This is ridiculous. I’m on the April 11 Summit out of San Juan. Earlier this evening this cruise was on the list and now it is not. I called and could not get through... now I don’t get my money back? I’m losing all confidence in this company and may not cruise Celebrity in the future... after, of course,  I use my $5k in FCC. 

Find a cruise line that is not affected in this way and you'll be lucky. I suspect this list of suspensions will not be the last. I'm betting the entire European and Alaska seasons will bite the dust and it is increasingly likely that Asia and Australia/New Zealand will be impacted once more later this year and into 2021.

Celebrity Management needs to step up and lead! Their written notice states 30 days from midnight March 14th.  Thirty days from March 14 is April 12th.  Get out a calendar and count the days.  They need to stick by what has been written and communicated.  Management should contact their Corporate Attorneys!  What a Public Relations nightmare!  

9 hours ago, Oville said:

It’s not in our favor.  The 30 day date should be 4/13, our cruise is 4/12.

Actually since the statement was effective Midnight would mean the starting point would have been 3/15 advance 30 days and you would have 4/14.

The date doesn't affect me because my next Celebrity cruise is Feb 2021, but the fact that you said one thing and are doing something else entirely bothers me. I understand why, I just wasn't raised that way, nor did I raise my children that way.

31 minutes ago, 6burghcruiser said:

Celebrity Management needs to step up and lead! Their written notice states 30 days from midnight March 14th.  Thirty days from March 14 is April 12th.  Get out a calendar and count the days.  They need to stick by what has been written and communicated.  Management should contact their Corporate Attorneys!  What a Public Relations nightmare!  

Well despite the 30 day announcement, April 11th is a Saturday and many cruises start on Saturdays.  What they should have said was  approximately 30 days  so that they could include the April 11th embarkation date without backlash from the public over mis-speaking by a day.

What they should have said was  approximately 30 days  so that they could include the April 11th embarkation date”

Should have / could have, but ultimately didn’t. 

With the confusion of the dates, and not on my part as it showed the 04/11 as being cancelled, I cancelled my hotel. Only to be told later that no, 04/11 is scheduled to sail.

Others have commented they have cancelled shore excursions, hotels and flights based on what was posted to Celebrity’s website.

It’s very frustrating to say the least.

Edited by oceancrusin
Added context to my reply

1 minute ago, oceancrusin said:

Should have / could have, but ultimately didn’t. 

With the confusion of the dates, and not on my part as it showed the 04/11 as being cancelled, I cancelled my hotel. Only to be told later that no, 04/11 is scheduled to sail.

Others have commented they have cancelled shore excursions, hotels and flights based on what was posted to Celebrity’s website.

It’s very frustrating to say the least.

Yes, very frustrating.  I'm sure there will be more mis-steps along the way in this unprecedented situation.  

Seeing as cruise ships have not returned to China as of yet and they have been dealing with this for months, I would venture to guess that this suspension will continue beyond that mid-April date. We just have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

Seeing as cruise ships have not returned to China as of yet and they have been dealing with this for months, I would venture to guess that this suspension will continue beyond that mid-April date. We just have to wait and see.

My guess is that some ships will be phased back in to operation starting with the Caribbean itineraries.  But as you suggested, time will tell.

12 hours ago, lastofthebohicans said:

So our cruise on April 12th was to leave from Vancouver, Transport Canada has closed the port to all cruise ships over 500 passengers.  This means celebrity would have to depart from the nearest port which is Seattle and due to PVSA, the ship being foreign flagged can not disembark in Hawaii so now it’s an 8 day cruise to nowhere.   And there is no way they can take passengers back from Hawaii to Seattle.  

We have a similar problem, though outside of the USA cruise cancellation date - we are scheduled on the May 11 cruise on the Solstice, Honolulu to Vancouver - Vancouver is closed......so, hmmmm, now what??  

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My guess is that some ships will be phased back in to operation starting with the Caribbean itineraries.  But as you suggested, time will tell.

Caribbean season is wrapping up in April for most of the ships though. Celebrity keeps one ship there through the summer, right?

8 hours ago, takichum said:

Find a cruise line that is not affected in this way and you'll be lucky. I suspect this list of suspensions will not be the last. I'm betting the entire European and Alaska seasons will bite the dust and it is increasingly likely that Asia and Australia/New Zealand will be impacted once more later this year and into 2021.

Australia and New Zealand sailings this season, on the Solstice, are effected NOW and we are eagerly awaiting cancellation notices from Celebrity, as we cannot absorb all of the FCC that we will get, if WE have to cancel.  With the New Zealand borders closed as well as Vancouver which was the target docking of the Solstice on May 21, we do hope for some cancellations.

8 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Caribbean season is wrapping up in April for most of the ships though. Celebrity keeps one ship there through the summer, right?

Yes, that's a good point.  I'm thinking that some ships that would normally be in the Med will end up remaining on this side of the world with revamped itineraries.  What a headache for the big wigs...

13 hours ago, lastofthebohicans said:

So our cruise on April 12th was to leave from Vancouver, Transport Canada has closed the port to all cruise ships over 500 passengers.  This means celebrity would have to depart from the nearest port which is Seattle and due to PVSA, the ship being foreign flagged can not disembark in Hawaii so now it’s an 8 day cruise to nowhere.   And there is no way they can take passengers back from Hawaii to Seattle.  

We are this same cruise and still wondering what is going to happen. Just going to wait it out for a while. 

On 3/14/2020 at 7:58 AM, 6burghcruiser said: