Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!  I was supposed to be on an RC cruise yesterday but they canceled so getting refund they offered 125% FCC or refund. They actually wanted me to rebook cruise for sailing after April 11th stating some guests already did. I'm just not that dumb. I cancelled a cruise for July 5th on Celebrity and getting deposit of $125 as FCC fortunately had not made final payment. I think they're under pressure to get guests to commit to future cruises now. 

Agent was surprised I cancelled Bermuda stating final payment April 8 and still time but I said no I can always rebook using my $125 FCC and enjoy it without worry fortunately had not booked flight or hotel yet so no loss there. I was supposed to be on Oasis leaving yesterday with Granddaughter and my stomach was in knots all week with worry over quarantine. With 5000 guests on ship for sure there would be someone who's been exposed.  Our lives are just not worth that risk.

8 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

they want us to keep the future Cruise credit then they should offer us more than they are and maybe we would other cruise lines are offering a lot more

The most I've seen is 125% from RCI which I declined for refund. The FCC would pay for 1 cruise and I'd be forced to apply remainder to another.  So that's 2 cruises plus extra $$$ to cover 2nd cruise. I don't operate that way.  People are so disappointed they are not thinking rationally IMO.  Just take time to think it all through. Your Gut will never steer you wrong. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bjbilly said:

they want us to keep the future Cruise credit then they should offer us more than they are and maybe we would other cruise lines are offering a lot more

Cruise lines like Princess have also had much worse publicity over this than Royal and Celebrity.  Princess is going to have to offer the moon to get people to trust them again and forget about the people who were trapped in quarantine on ships.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, meechee341 said:

Cruise lines like Princess have also had much worse publicity over this than Royal and Celebrity.  Princess is going to have to offer the moon to get people to trust them again and forget about the people who were trapped in quarantine on ships.  

On my Princess cruise that was cancelled, I was offered 100% cash refund or 175% FCC. I chose in that case to go with 175% FCC on the basis that I should be able to get a cruise on one of their new ships at much lower prices sometime in 2021. 

50 minutes ago, meechee341 said:

My last princess cruise was 2014. Although I do like them I'm now Elite on Celebrity so lots of perks.

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

My last princess cruise was 2014. Although I do like them I'm now Elite on Celebrity so lots of perks.

I'm now Elite on both Princess and on Celebrity and shareholder on both....I know, I know, my stocks in them have taken a beating, but I bought these stocks in 2011 when prices were low (and the Cdn$ to US$ was good) but not as low as they are now. That is why I want to get the Shareholder's OBC as much as possible. And since my Celebrity cruise was booked prior to June 1, 2019, they declined my request for the Shareholder's OBC. Taking the 100% refund now will allow me to pick and choose the right time, ship, price, perks and qualify for the Shareholder's OBC as the booking date will be after June 1/2019.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

Would you need a note and forms filled out from your physician for high blood pressure under control with prescription,63 years old.

I was under the impression the form filled out by your doctor was only mandatory for passengers 70 yrs and older and only until this COVID-19 issue settles down (Celebrity is anticipating July 31 unless they extend it).

Edited by Mytravellove

It's my understanding that you can take the FCC and then opt for a cash refund as long as you do so by 12/31/21.  This is on the Celebrity website FAQs. I posted the text in an earlier reply.

I realize everyone is in a unique situation and needs to make their own decision; however this gives me comfort as we have a cruise later this year and would benefit from 25% extra FCC if our cruise in late April 2020 is cancelled as we can apply to our already booked cruise that is at a great price with excellent perks.  If this doesn't work as stated, I can ask for a refund instead of the 125% of FCC.

I believe RCCL (Celebrity) will survive this and understand the risks.

• Like 2

If cruising ever starts up again, there will not be any required notes.  That whole thing was an attempt to get people to say "enough" of the stress and just cancel and take the FCC that were offered.  Now they have them, when they could have waited 2 more days and received a refund.  That is what I did, waited.  Now I am out $3,600 to Delta for 8 tickets to our cruise.  Last week, they told me I had to use them by the end of May.  Today they told me I can use all of them by the end of the year.  As soon as all flights are shut down, I can get a refund.  No gatherings of more than 50 people.  How many does a 737 hold????

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, teacherman said:

If cruising ever starts up again, there will not be any required notes.  That whole thing was an attempt to get people to say "enough" of the stress and just cancel and take the FCC that were offered.  Now they have them, when they could have waited 2 more days and received a refund.  That is what I did, waited.  Now I am out $3,600 to Delta for 8 tickets to our cruise.  Last week, they told me I had to use them by the end of May.  Today they told me I can use all of them by the end of the year.  As soon as all flights are shut down, I can get a refund.  No gatherings of more than 50 people.  How many does a 737 hold????

Thank you for the reply.

1 minute ago, Pedro2400 said:

it doesn't look like this thing will be over soon.....? May be by end of May...

I just saw on CNN could be July or August. Personally  I anticipate another 4 to 5 months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Take the REFUND.  Not knowing what the prices will be when the "dust (more like craziness) finally settles", the cost of a future cruise will like be higher the the 125% FCC.

I agree!  People need to for the cash instead of the FCC.  FCC isn't worth it! They are going to restrict how and when you can redeem that FCC so they can recoup as much money as possible.  Get the money!

10 hours ago, UKPete71 said:

I’ve seen this posted on social media but cannot find the original post it was taken from.

Thankfully the expiry date for my vouchers were well into 2021.

EF4242C4-9947-4740-8153-D24EF8ED04B4.jpeg

This seems to apply to people who canceled their cruises under Cruise with Confidence.  It does not address cruises that were cancelled by Celebrity.

18 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

After much discussion with my wife - we have decided to take the money.....

we just don't know how long these travel restrictions will last, or how long it will take to get this corona virus under control

You are smart to do that. Cash is always King.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

This seems to apply to people who canceled their cruises under Cruise with Confidence.  It does not address cruises that were cancelled by Celebrity.

The "we cancelled" is Celebrity. It's one of their FAQs.