Would you take 125 %FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

Pedro2400

I would take the cash.  Prices are higher because there are a bunch of people with FCC trying to rebook cruises.  Supply and demand.  We already have our cruises booked for next year at a very good price.  I would use the cash to book cruises two years out at a reasonable price.

Edited by NMTraveller

13 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

I would take the cash.  Prices are higher because there are a bunch of people with FCC trying to rebook cruises.  Supply and demand.  We already have our cruises booked for next year at a very good price.  I would use the cash to book cruises two years out at a reasonable price.

I have not seen an increase in prices since FCC started being issued.  The cruises I have been looking at in 2021 and 2022 are the exact same price since the sale in Feb ended.  Its likely prices will not go down but I don't see an increase now.  In addition,  the 25% would potentially cover the difference in price between current prices and the price that was originally paid for the cancelled cruise. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I have not seen an increase in prices since FCC started being issued.  The cruises I have been looking at in 2021 and 2022 are the exact same price since the sale in Feb ended.  Its likely prices will not go down but I don't see an increase now.  In addition,  the 25% would potentially cover the difference in price between current prices and the price that was originally paid for the cancelled cruise. 

The ones where I saw the price increases were late summer 2020.  I guess some people are trying to salvage the summer vacation.

51 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

While I agree with your decision, I'm not sure that I understand your rationale. You lose your perks with either option, FCC or refund. I hope you don't think that you will get $1600 in addition to the cruise booking price in your refund.

While RC and Celebrity are both under the same parent corporate umbrella, they are independent organizations and competitors. Why would Celebrity provide an FCC to be used on a competing cruise line?

5 minutes ago, SusieV said:

I'm holding out for a higher offer. 125% is not enough when they normally give full refund + full fcc. I'd even be happy with 200% FCC.

I'm not aware of Celebrity routinely giving a full refund plus full FCC. Can you provide a link to a Celebrity webpage or document reflecting this policy? 

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

I'm not aware of Celebrity routinely giving a full refund plus full FCC. Can you provide a link to a Celebrity webpage or document reflecting this policy? 

I've been on CC long enough to remember this is how they handle cancellations very close to sailing date. I've never seen them offer this little in the 16 years I've been a member. And I spend far too much time on the internet.

Can you recall a time when they cancelled a sailing within 24 hours and gave less?

• Like 2

I have an October booking that we paid in full just before this debacle started. I am thinking of cancelling simply because I believe this is going to end up bankrupting the company. And who knows what happens to our money then? My other thought is that if we cancel now we could most likely book the same cruise after final payment for a much better price. We would lose 3 perks out of it though most likely. I am going to wait until early April to see what is going on then. 

2 minutes ago, SusieV said:

I've been on CC long enough to remember this is how they handle cancellations very close to sailing date. I've never seen them offer this little in the 16 years I've been a member. And I spend far too much time on the internet.

Can you recall a time when they cancelled a sailing within 24 hours and gave less?

OK, so you are going with what you think you remember others might have said on CC at some point in the past. I was hoping for something more concrete in the way of proof of Celebrity's policy.

No, I don't recall any specific amounts paid or credited in the past for short notice cancellations. Which was why I was hoping that you could provide a link to actual policy, not vague recollections of what might have happened in the past.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fouremco said:

OK, so you are going with what you think you remember others might have said on CC at some point in the past. I was hoping for something more concrete in the way of proof of Celebrity's policy.

No, I don't recall any specific amounts paid or credited in the past for short notice cancellations. Which was why I was hoping that you could provide a link to actual policy, not vague recollections of what might have happened in the past.

If there is such a codified policy, I doubt it would find its way on CC.

38 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Well.... the Celebrity Summit just completed their cruise, was denied disembarkation and is now adding two cruising days heading to Florida and Celebrity is providing a 50% cruise refund Plus a 50% FCC for a trip that was completed, so Susie V is not far off w/her complaint.  Although, I have to add, that since one or two former Summit passengers are now CoronaVirus positive, they might all be bringing home even more than that! 

Link to the Celebrity notice is below.

I think a 100% Refund plus a 50% FCC for people who had cancelled sailings within the next 7-8 days is much more reasonable. Most people do not arrive at the port more than a week in advance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SusieV said:

Such offer do exist but usually for cruises cancelled as part of isolated incidents. Not a widespread "grounding" of the entire fleet. Agreed, 25% extra isn't worth it. I'd take the cash as long as they can still pay.

16 hours ago, Pedro2400 said:

Our April 12 sailing was cancelled, Would you take FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

I can see they already increased 2021 prices by 15-25%  compared to prices showing earlier this week?

It all depends on the individual. If I could find a cruise that I actually wanted to do with an itinerary, suitable cabin and at a convenient date withing the cost of the 125% FCC I'd probably do the cruise. If not and as you point out prices will probably have increased, I'd take the money and do something else like a land based vacation. 

With a large number of FCC vouchers out there already, and with the number of those likely to increase I'd expect to see further price increases in late 2020 and 2021. Assuming the cruise industry manages to pull through the current crisis anyway. 

Fortunately, we have only paid our deposit, but as we live in UK we don’t get that refunded due to our T&C, so I think I would take FCC if allowed if I do the cancelling.

I am even wondering if the Silhouette will in fact do her TA on April 17th. If not, then Celebrity will be cancelling our cruise (hopefully). I certainly have no intention of paying in full.

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Fortunately, we have only paid our deposit, but as we live in UK we don’t get that refunded due to our T&C, so I think I would take FCC if allowed if I do the cancelling.

I am even wondering if the Silhouette will in fact do her TA on April 17th. If not, then Celebrity will be cancelling our cruise (hopefully). I certainly have no intention of paying in full.

If the cruise line cancels the cruise are you saying you will lose your deposit? Surely you'll get that refunded?

help me understand this, please:

say I take the 125%, use it on a booking for 2021. Then this booking is canceled or I have to cancel this booking due to yet another outbreak/travel restriction -

do I understand this correctly, that this FCC (once used → gone) is not going to be refunded in any kind (not even as new FCC)??

• Like 1

We will take the FCC for now, conditions state that you can change your mind and take cash later if you want to. The Aussie dollar is down at the moment and we would not get our full value back if we took the cash. I was told that we can use this for final payments for cruises already booked as well, I hope this is true

37 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

If the cruise line cancels the cruise are you saying you will lose your deposit? Surely you'll get that refunded?

My thinking is that if the cruise line cancel, I SHOULD  get my deposit back.

BUT, in the past, we have been allowed to change a sailing once, rather than cancel and loose the deposit. I suppose this is the thinking behind the FCC.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

If Celebrity cancel YOU will get a Full refund of all money paid - see celebritycruises.co.uk T&C - 5.5 (c) 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thon said:

I had absolutely no hesitation in filling out the form for a refund.

Hi,

I filled out the form for a refund also.
HOWEVER, there was NO confirmation email that they received it.

The online form states they will send one!

Others on CC also did not receive a confirmation email.

One person followed up by phone (took 3 hours) and

posted that the confirmation (not the refund) will take 2 weeks. HUH!!!

Why are they stalling???

21 hours ago, Pedro2400 said:

Our April 12 sailing was cancelled, Would you take FCC or 100% money back from Celebrity?

I can see they already increased 2021 prices by 15-25%  compared to prices showing earlier this week?

Cash back allows you to shop around without a time limit to book.  Many on these CC boards are waiting for price drops due to Covid-19. With cruise line cancellations this is not going to happen.  All lines are handing out FCC's like candy. The only way to recoup is to raise the price which they were doing before this was happening.  Look at it this way. They know the passengers with the FCC's will be forced to book something. It's in their best interest to raise prices knowing that they have to recover from the damage of this pandemic and knowing that people will have to book at any price in order to use the FCC's. Take the cash if they offer it to you.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

If I wanted to book a cruise out two years would take the FCC and book it. You do not need to use the FCC only book soon.

Does seem X will need to allow extra year as if the cruising hold lasts say 2 more months they will need 2 years to accommodate the many thousands with FCC.

20 hours ago, gerelmx said:

In all my reservations I do not see changes in the "Cabin Rate", for a NRD reservation with 4 perks, the net amount to be paid is increasing due to the promotion change on March 5, no free extra perk. Hopefully everything will return to normal soon.

We took the 2 perk NRD option in our new booking for 2022, as the increased fare for the 4 perks was more than it would cost if we purchase 2 more perks out of pocket.