for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Where are ya'll staying? My TA is picking up the tab for me at the cruise line's hotel....The Fairmont Olympic. It looks really nice🙂

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Where are ya'll staying? My TA is picking up the tab for me at the cruise line's hotel....The Fairmont Olympic. It looks really nice🙂

I made a reservation at Hotel Andra, which looks nice and is fairly close to the Pier.

Y'all are making me want to blow my $1000 limit and get on a ship in Alaska!!!  

I'm being a picky old lady.  Right now, I'd never set foot in S. Dakota, due to my political ethics.   I'm tryng to find something that doesn't require a rental car because the rental prices are high and the gas is high.   One of my usual places in San Diego has availability - not Coronado, but near Gaslamp so things are walkable.  I'm waffling...

• Like 1

Kat, it is ok to be picky........you need to do what is best for you🙂 as for S D..........for years I wanted to go see Mt Rushmore but in these current times? I will pass as well.

Cynthia - the Andra looks like a nice place.  Lois, The Fairmont, well, it's a Fairmont so it's luxurious.  I usually stay down at the Kimpton Vintage.  Last time I was there I had booked the basic King room and I ended up upgraded to a HUGE suite with a massive livng room and a dining room with a table good for at least 8 people!  A little big for just me 😉  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Kat, it is ok to be picky........you need to do what is best for you🙂 as for S D..........for years I wanted to go see Mt Rushmore but in these current times? I will pass as well.

Anyone want to donate to the "Kat needs to cruise Alaska" fund???    See, you all got me thinking to dive into my retirement money and go for $2000 - inside cabin,  hotel pre/post, dinner in Seattle at Elliott's again for oysters...

Convince me I need to do this...

Maybe I could just spend a few days in Seattle and see and say "hi" to Cynthia and Lois and Debbie...

I was thinking of Denver, staying at the Kimpton there and going to the Van Gogh exhibit, but too darn hot.  Plus if my friend out I came to Denver and didn't stay with her (no A/C), she'd get mad.

Or, I just need the hamster wheel in my brain to stop!

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Wow, we are all thinking alike. Over the past few weeks I've felt like my brain was literally melting from the summer heat/humidity and from lack of being able to plan any fun travel. So I also booked an Alaska cruise -- and on the Millennium!  Ours is before Debbie's: it leaves Seattle August 20th -- one day after Lois on her cruise.

Talk about a small world!!  🌎  I'm going with DS since the cruise fare is virtually the same for one or two people, and we're using FF miles for flights. We don't plan on doing much other than enjoying the ship and the scenery.  First time I went to Alaska on a cruise ship was back in 1977; it was so much fun -- few ships and much less touristy. Second time was in 2001, so even that's been 20 years.

so funny, my plans are the same: scenery, decompress, & relax!  & I used FF miles for airfare...I did spend the tiny fee for upgrading to premium on Alaska though...it's a short flight for us to Seattle, but I like the idea of boarding early & certainty of getting carry on space. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I'm being a picky old lady.  Right now, I'd never set foot in S. Dakota, due to my political ethics.   I 

Funny I feel the same way about California, Washington or Oregon. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Funny I feel the same way about California, Washington or Oregon. 

Well, if I didn't care about the heat & humidity, I could go use my friend's beach shack in Cocoa Beach, FL and follow up with a cruise out of Port Canaveral, but, alas...  Hopefully in 2 years 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

For the Alaska ladies, the first Celebrity Alaska cruise is leaving today!  Hoping it goes smoothly & beautifully for them 🙂

I'm surprised there hasn't been more posts/info about this on the Celebrity board -- would love for someone to report from the first sailing!

• Like 1

You all have inspired me that we need a vacation.  Since I had not cancelled the August Celebrity cruise from St Marteen yet, I called Celebrity today and was able to turn the 7 day cruise into a 9 day cruise on Equinox out of Ft. Lauderdale for just a little bit more money.  We will leave the 27th of August!  Will be nice to get away!

Sherti🙂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

You all have inspired me that we need a vacation.  Since I had not cancelled the August Celebrity cruise from St Marteen yet, I called Celebrity today and was able to turn the 7 day cruise into a 9 day cruise on Equinox out of Ft. Lauderdale for just a little bit more money.  We will leave the 27th of August!  Will be nice to get away!

Sherti🙂

Have a great time🙂 and easier sailing out of Port Everglades than having to fly to St Martin!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

Sherti🙂

You guys are killing me!!!!!

I'm getting confused.  Who is going on what cruise in Alaska?  I have one of my old bobsled kids who does cruise agent stuff and I'm asking him if he knows of any cheap AL with any kind of single supplement.  So far, the one Princess one mid-Aug is a smidge cheaper than Celebrity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

You guys are killing me!!!!!

I'm getting confused.  Who is going on what cruise in Alaska?  I have one of my old bobsled kids who does cruise agent stuff and I'm asking him if he knows of any cheap AL with any kind of single supplement.  So far, the one Princess one mid-Aug is a smidge cheaper than Celebrity.

I am on the September 24th Celebrity Cruise 🙂

17 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Anyone want to donate to the "Kat needs to cruise Alaska" fund???    See, you all got me thinking to dive into my retirement money and go for $2000 - inside cabin,  hotel pre/post, dinner in Seattle at Elliott's again for oysters...

Convince me I need to do this...

Maybe I could just spend a few days in Seattle and see and say "hi" to Cynthia and Lois and Debbie...

I was thinking of Denver, staying at the Kimpton there and going to the Van Gogh exhibit, but too darn hot.  Plus if my friend out I came to Denver and didn't stay with her (no A/C), she'd get mad.

Or, I just need the hamster wheel in my brain to stop!

You can’t take it with you…make some memories

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjb317 said:

That is my philosophy and the pandemic has only enhanced it!😂

Sherri🙂

I’d have booked Equinox with you but airfare was twice the cruise. I need to move back to FL!  I’m looking forward to our Galveston stay & cruise on Royal’s Liberty in October

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awhfy said:

I’d have booked Equinox with you but airfare was twice the cruise. I need to move back to FL!  I’m looking forward to our Galveston stay & cruise on Royal’s Liberty in October

That was one of our reasons for making the move to Florida!  😂

Liberty is a fun ship, we did a TA on her several years ago.  You will have a great cruise!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

That was one of our reasons for making the move to Florida!  😂

Liberty is a fun ship, we did a TA on her several years ago.  You will have a great cruise!

Sherri🙂

We’ve been on her 4 times, nice ship. It’s going to be our daughter’s first cruise, her husband is so happy they’re going. We were going to be on it with several other friends, but they’ve all cancelled (couple from Europe can’t travel) & the other couples won’t travel. We prefer Celebrity (Royal nickels & dimes too much) Melody

Good morning girls🙂 I decided to go through clothes this morning for Alaska. I know it is all about layering but I needed to at least try on multiple pairs of pants to se what fit the best for this cruise.

Daytime to Alaska is waaayyyyyyy different than Greece LOL.  I found a pair of Ponte Knit gray slacks in my closet that fit beautifully and can be daytime or evening pants!......I looked on the label and I know I got them on QVC so I went to their website and ordered another pair in black. They really feel like a very high end knit......if it was winter, I would have kept them on today LOL.

Then I tried on about 6 pair of other pants......3 didn't work as well.......3 did. Now I am in the middle of doing laundry of some long sleeved tops......they are all soft cotton and should work well for daytime.

(Pullovers, different colors, lightweight).   I forgot Alaska will take some extra thought LOL

And I have a question please......what shoes are you Alaska cruisers taking with you? Really the question is for daytime.......evenings I am good with what I am bringing. Just wondering about the days.......it has been a long, long time since I sailed to Alaska.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, I was looking through "Shoe Threads"...........Kat, I am guessing you might tell me Jambu's would work for Alaska😃

Well, IF I go,  I'll be taking one of my pair of Jambu's.   I had my one pair on when it started pouring rain in Rome - yes, my feet got wet, but it did feel sooo good.   I've used them as my "walking around all day" shoes in Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Honolulu, etc.   I'd wear the Jambu's in Alaska during the day if it's a nice day - they can stand a good walking about.  And, I have no trouble wearing them as my "evening shoes."  But, knowing it rains in AK in the summer, I'd also take my waterproof lightweight hiking boots.  I'd rather take my hiking shoes, but, after falling in a creek with them on, I know for sure they aren't waterproof!!  The mesh vents on them should have been a giveaway 😉

• Like 1