for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, what has your Mom heard? It was long, but that is all......I had no side effects.  And I know when you take Iron supplements it can cause constipation (last thing I want to happen)😲

Hi Lois -- not really sure. My dad thinks he's a doctor and he read about it, made it sound like no picnic and I think talked her out of it. 

Hi girls, well, tomorrow I am having another endoscopy.........need to find out why my hemoglobin number dropped so much in such a short period of time. And at this point not sure I am going to Alaska. Will know more after the procedure.

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, well, tomorrow I am having another endoscopy.........need to find out why my hemoglobin number dropped so much in such a short period of time. And at this point not sure I am going to Alaska. Will know more after the procedure.

Good luck tomorrow & hope the findings are minor.

Kat, thanks for reviewing your travel clothing  choices. It’s helpful to know what works and why. So you finally peaked my interest with your praise of Woolx items. To be honest I wasn’t really that interested when this discussion came up a few months ago because wool against my skin is very uncomfortable. However, i have heard that merino wool is different although I have no first hand experience. 

I looked at the Woolx site and saw some shirts I liked. If they are as cool in the summer, warm in the winter as they say, they would be worth the price. I am still thinking about them because I try to buy petite lengths and they don’t offer those.. When we get back from this trip I will email Woolx and ask for some measurements. I usually have to shorten everything and I’m not sure if this is the kind of fabric that can be shortened without causing damage. 

The big question for you and others who have worn merino items next to there skin, are they as comfortable as they claim?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope the news is good.

18 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Kat, thanks for reviewing your travel clothing  choices. It’s helpful to know what works and why. So you finally peaked my interest with your praise of Woolx items. To be honest I wasn’t really that interested when this discussion came up a few months ago because wool against my skin is very uncomfortable. However, i have heard that merino wool is different although I have no first hand experience. 

I looked at the Woolx site and saw some shirts I liked. If they are as cool in the summer, warm in the winter as they say, they would be worth the price. I am still thinking about them because I try to buy petite lengths and they don’t offer those.. When we get back from this trip I will email Woolx and ask for some measurements. I usually have to shorten everything and I’m not sure if this is the kind of fabric that can be shortened without causing damage. 

The big question for you and others who have worn merino items next to there skin, are they as comfortable as they claim?

Woolx should pay me as an influencer 😸

The shirts feel nothing like what you think of wool.  The lightweight ones feel more like silk, i'll say - very soft and not an once of scratch to them.  I started with their leggings a couple of years ago and expanded into their shirts and the other month, their dress.  I have a couple of the heavyweights shirts and hoodies, too.  But, the lightweight shirts are another whole world.  i've got short sleeve, Vneck, those Bella tanks.  i can wear them alone when it's hot, as a base layer when it's cold, and just with a cardigan over when I go go work.   P.S. they have a 30% off sale right now.  

• Like 1

Finally got an idea of what I will pack for the girls weekend.  The hostess said shorts & Tshirts and flip flops are all that we need.  No fancy dinners - she said everyplace in San Juan Capistrano is casual dress. So, i'll just do my jean shorts, one pair of my new linen shorts, a couple of my Woolx tops and maybe one of the new linen shirts.  oh, and the bathing suit and rash guard.   if i don't wear it there, I'll surely wear it back East for the wedding week.  

Talked last night to one of the girls.  Out of the blue, she asks if I want to go to Paris with her and her hubby in November!!!  Sure, let me grab some money out of the air...  The 3 of us did a 3 week-er a couple of years ago in Barcelona, Tuscany and Paris, so we know we are comptable travelers.  I think they liked they had their personal photographer with them 😸  As much as I'd like to go, there's no way in he!! that I could afford it!!

All laundry is finally done!  I ran out of spots to hang things!  Now I get to iron those linen things I will take with me.  And, pack again...

OOTD: running shorts and one of my Athleta Tshirts.  

p.s. Cynthia - if you need a hotel in Bordeaux, I will recommend where I stayed - the Hotel de Tourny.  nice litle place, the single room was rather spacious, a more modern/clean decor that I'm used to and a helpful front desk staff.  The location was perfect and I could walk everyplace from there.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Kat -- on your barge cruise, did the barge have anything on it besides your group?  Was it a working barge?

It was just the 11 of us plus the crew.  it's not a working barge.  Think of them as a tiny river cruise ship.   If you go to the Croisieurope website and look at the Provence Rhone trip that goes from Arles to Sete.  the barge we had was the Anne Marie.  It will hold 22 guests, but the company i went with chartered the whole thing.  The staff changed up the dining room to be one long table for us.  The food was excellent!  The staff was fantastic and just so engaging with us.  They handled us 11 drunk old women just fine.  We had some excursions that were tailored just for us, as the company likes to feature female owners and the role of women in the spots we visit.  

• Like 2

Hi, well, seems I have another ulcer......not sure what is causing them. I have a follow up call into the  Dr..........but I am going on my trip. He prescribed some new meds so of course I will be bringing them with me and I will watch what I eat.......they didn't put me a new diet or anything. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, well, seems I have another ulcer......not sure what is causing them. I have a follow up call into the  Dr..........but I am going on my trip. He prescribed some new meds so of course I will be bringing them with me and I will watch what I eat.......they didn't put me a new diet or anything. 

Boo for another ulcer, but hooray that it's not anything worse, and that you'll still be going on your trip. 

I had a duodenal ulcer a number of years ago, and I was MISERABLE. 

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Lois, I’m sorry to hear about another ulcer but very happy that you will be able to cruise.  I hope you will soon find out what is causing them but in the mean time let the anticipation begin!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, thanks😃

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

oh man, I'm sorry 'bout the ulcer Lois.  The hits just keep coming for you.  I just hope this is the last issue a loooooong time for you!!

Thanks Kat..........I appreciate it.

Lois, Pooh on another ulcer. So glad you’ll be able to go on your trip (you leave like next week don’t you?). Meanwhile definitely don’t eat any popcorn (ulcers don’t like popcorn!!!). Melody

36 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, Pooh on another ulcer. So glad you’ll be able to go on your trip (you leave like next week don’t you?). Meanwhile definitely don’t eat any popcorn (ulcers don’t like popcorn!!!). Melody

Hi Melody, I leave a week from Sunday.......August 21st.  The Dr prescribed me 2 new meds to help reduce the acid build up. Of course I will bring them with me. He (the Dr) didn't actually use the words "don't go on your trip" but he did seem a bit concerned.......but I said, it is my decision and said yes, it is. So I will just watch my diet and no popcorn LOL.......and to be honest, they didn't even give me a new diet. I am not a spicy food person so that is not something I eat......so not really sure what is causing this......and I have a call in to the Dr with that question. I think I forgot to ask him that after the endoscopy.  I have to say, ever since the episode on the ship, I have lost weight. I am now about 170, which is the lowest I have been in more than a year! I know I was at least 12 pounds heavier a few months ago........

• Like 1