for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Ladies,  congrats Lois & Kat on those 2nd doses :)  Happy to report that I was completely better by Thursday morning...  been doing more gardening..finished planting all our raised beds & Steve built hinged cage type lids for all of them,  so nice!   planted some lettuce, new herb garden, one tomato & one squash... will plant pumpkins next month I think....  I also bought some of the "cinderella" type pumpkin seeds today, thinking about putting a vine in front of our front garden fence... maybe just letting 4 or 5 pumpkins grown there, it would be cool for fall....  will have to think about it.  

Cynthia, your meal sounds so good!   

Easter wise, we may either take the boat out or paddle board tomorrow...not sure yet...  our kids are all vaccinated up & on vacation... younger dd & sil flew to Cancun last night, & older ones w/grandkids are camping in their trailer...  I'm not much for camping, but wouldn't mind being in Cancun right now ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Kat, I hope you are  just trying to bust my chops.........a micro chip?😲

Yes...  

It's been a thing among the Q folks and some anti-vaxxers.  Bill Gates was a contributor to Moderna.  It was worked out that a microchip would be given to people via the vaccine and will be used for monitoring or whatever nefarious purposes the Deep State wants to come up with...

It's been a bit of a running joke when one gets vaccinated.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia,🙂 the meal sounds delicious.  Funny, I have eaten Passover dinners my entire childhood into my adulthood but have never heard of that salad.

Learn something new all the time!

For any of you interested.......STAPLES will laminate your vaccination card for FREE😃

Had mine done today!

Laminating the card is a great idea, thanks for the tip 

43 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Laminating the card is a great idea, thanks for the tip 

Glad to help😃......I posted about it on another thread I chat on and a couple of guys think

it is silly.😲...they said it is just a marketing ploy to get people into the store.......I didn't buy

anything and there are a lot of people doing it.   I guess what is silly to one person makes

sense to someone else. 

• Like 1

Some people are advising against having the card laminated because then any booster shot(s) will have to be put on another card.  Read that "somewhere" here on CC.

If you want to you can make a copy, then laminate that.

Edited by mafig
  • Like 1

I have not seen advising against it but I have seen folks saying to take a photo of it first.

Not sure why you can't take a picture after the lamination......shows through perfectly.

Oh the booster thing.........well, the pharmacist (or whoever is giving the booster) can put 

all the information on a new card (if that is even needed).

First of all, Happy Easter to all who celebrate :)  

Lois, thanks for the staples laminating tip, & thanks to Melody for reminding me, I'd actually forgotten about that...  for now I have mine in a clear vinyl (or plastic?) cover along with my yellow vaccination card... I remembered to bring Steve's & his is all filled out with both doses & stamped, but of course I forgot mine...  I go in for a blood draw at site in a few weeks & will  get mine filled & stamped then... will keep in my passport holder along w/global entry :)

Really looking forward to using passport & global entry again!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

First of all, Happy Easter to all who celebrate 🙂  

Lois, thanks for the staples laminating tip, & thanks to Melody for reminding me, I'd actually forgotten about that...  for now I have mine in a clear vinyl (or plastic?) cover along with my yellow vaccination card... I remembered to bring Steve's & his is all filled out with both doses & stamped, but of course I forgot mine...  I go in for a blood draw at site in a few weeks & will  get mine filled & stamped then... will keep in my passport holder along w/global entry 🙂

Really looking forward to using passport & global entry again!  

I use my Global Entry card as my ID...  It's a government-issues ID,  If someone gets picky, then I'll show my DL.  

• Like 1

There are threads about it all over the forums. I took a photo of it (both sides) and so it on my

phone now.  The laminated card slides right into my passport holder.

• Like 1

Hi girls, I made a new recipe tonight and it came out really good🙂 I used something from

the net (where else LOL) but sort of made it my own.

It is a Zucchini/Spinach lasagna......but no pasta was used.  I sliced the zucchini...bought 3

big ones. I had some frozen spinach and defrosted it.  First I put some jarred sauce on the bottom.

Then zucchini. and then the spinach that was mixed with Ricotta cheese, 1 egg

and some sautéed mushrooms and onions and shaved parm.  Then I put some more sauce on that and shredded mozz. Layering each time.

I had enough for 3 layers😃....topped it off with some fresh basil and more 

cheese of course😃.  It was really delicious!

I used a 9 x 13 pan and have PLENTY leftover!!!!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I made a new recipe tonight and it came out really good🙂 I used something from

the net (where else LOL) but sort of made it my own.

It is a Zucchini/Spinach lasagna......but no pasta was used.  I sliced the zucchini...bought 3

big ones. I had some frozen spinach and defrosted it.  First I put some jarred sauce on the bottom.

Then zucchini. and then the spinach that was mixed with Ricotta cheese, 1 egg

and some sautéed mushrooms and onions and shaved parm.  Then I put some more sauce on that and shredded mozz. Layering each time.

I had enough for 3 layers😃....topped it off with some fresh basil and more 

cheese of course😃.  It was really delicious!

I used a 9 x 13 pan and have PLENTY leftover!!!!

Lois that sounds delicious!  & probably super healthy as well,  all those veggies :)

I'm back at in person work full time :(    stopped at costco on the way home & picked up their chicken taco kit...just finished & will head out to do a little run/hike...

Kat, I use my global entry as my real ID...  my DL was renewed last spring when DMV was closed, so I just received the regular old DL...

hopefully sometime later this year my Global Entry can serve its real purpose :)

• Like 1

Hello Everyone, enjoying all the news and hearing about everyone’s activities. Certainly different than a year ago. Let’s see we have grandchildren visiting with some of you, Cynthia and Lois, describing some really yummy meals, Debbie describing her gardening plans, Kat looking forward to a work hiatus, Melody, working on a new gazebo and several of us receiving at least one vaccine dose while those of us with both doses can now do the “ happy dance” among some other things. Christy ‘s Limoncello looks perfect! I don’t think I have the patience to peel all the lemons avoiding the pith!  Oh and Sherri with a cruise planned!!

Debbie, so glad to learn that you did not have Covid and are now well.  DH and I are proceeding cautiously adding activities back into our lives. However, we are very encouraged by the ongoing reports of great results from the vaccines. Last night we visited with neighbors who are also fully vaccinated. We sat on their patio, sans masks and toasted our little bit of normalcy. 

Our DIL received her first dose on Saturday and hopefully our granddaughter will soon benefit from the antibodies from her mom’s doses. Our son has also received his first dose while our DD has had her second dose. Feeling pretty relieved about this. 

On a sad note, my youngest cousin passed away ( not Covid related) at the age of 57. He has been ill for awhile and we think he just gave up, Unfortunately, my 95 year old aunt, his mother, is still alive and heartbroken. We were able to Zoom with him about a month ago so very glad for that last “visit”. 

Moving on, we are slowly working our way thru our project list. Funnily, we cross one thing off and add 2🙄.

Wishing all a good week.

Sharon

• Like 3

Here’s an update on patio/gazebo. Les finished reworking the shape of the patio, I relocated all the river rock. The 12x16’ steel top gazebo is due in on the 14th. Les’s bday is the 16th & all the kids are coming over to help install it (weighs over 600 lbs), have a bbq & Angel food strawberry shortcake. Can’t wait for that small bit of normalcy!!! Melody

656EC7FA-D7D2-4ED8-827D-54BB0E7DC878.jpeg

389E5532-5DA6-4D18-B6DC-0D04A1E0F7A7.jpeg

6BEA235D-7C3C-46CB-A09A-2E2F9AD0568F.jpeg

0BDC9E35-EAAE-4705-A5A4-0B833BF09AAC.jpeg

• Like 3

Good morning,  Sharon, sending you my heartfelt condolences..........🙏

Melody, your backyard looks fantastic👍

The trial continues........it is still very gut wrenching.

Well today is the big day -- jab #1 of 2.  We'll be sure to be waving our arms around like crazy folks after we get the shot to ward off pain/stiffness. Or like this guy:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyF-qukZH2RM-HddQyx6ha5lZq2ovWuTsRdBfiQe8lxNhoqFgUOQ_jywy-rEIxzbwpFrq4WEp_&usqp=CAc

It's a beautiful day here as well. 😊

Wow, Melody, you are doing a ton of work -- it's going to look gorgeous!

Sharon, so sorry to hear of your cousin's death. It has to be so difficult for your aunt to outlive her child. 

So far we have no inkling of when we might go back to work full time.  My company seems to realize that people can work from home efficiently and have canceled the lease on our second building (where I have my office) -- I don't think I will be going in to work on a regular basis for the forseeable future -- maybe for particular events after we all get vaccinated....

For now I am sitting tight, but after we get our second round, I so look forward to getting some projects started and also to planning that long-awaited trip to see family in Florida. 

• Like 2

Lois, Cynthia and Melody, thank you so much.

Lois, I bought 2 large zucchini intending to  give your lasagna recipe a try. However, I forgot the ricotta so I hope the zucchini last until my next shopping trip.

Cynthia, so happy to hear that you finally got your first jab. As for working from home, looks like other companies have also realized that working home works well. 

Melody, nice job! An early happy birthday to Les🎉

Weldon, good idea to laminate a copy in case there is a need to add additional doses to the original. I also have a picture of mine on my phone. 
Sharon

Sharon, I'm so sorry about your cousin, & for his mom, parents should never have to bury their child no matter what age, my condolences to you & your family

Melody, your patio is going to be beautiful, & what a great way to get to celebrate Les's birthday...  a few months ago it would have been unimaginable, so nice to see things changing bit by bit for most of us :)

Cynthia, congrats on your 1st jab...  hopefully minimal reactions.....  on another note,  how do you feel about possibly working from home permanently?  For myself, I'm looking forward to more people being at the office with me.. it's still lonely there as most are waiting for their 2nd shots... I miss being completely on my own schedule, but honestly the last few months I had started to fall behind... in just these few days I'm close to being caught up :)

• Like 1

Sharon - I am sorry for your family's loss.  It's never easy and I never know what to say.  

Cynthia - congrats on the 1st Fauci Ouchie.   As for working from home:  I did it for 10 years for Cisco Systems.  It does take a certain kind of self management that you don't have to do when you work in an office.  We had a weekly group phone meeting - only 2 of us were telecommuters.  We were really pioneers in remote work.  I actually enjoyed working from home - I didn't have to worry about workplace interruptions and I could concentrate.  Well, I did get interruptions from the dogs and cat...  

I have today and tomorrow off, then 4 days of work to end the Season.  I'm feeling kind of weird about it.  I have come to have some good relationships with a few of the owners and I'll miss my interactions with them.  I get to be myself, not a corporate robot in my interactions.  I am looking forward, though, to finding out what it's like to be "retired" for the Summer.  I still can't see myself full-time retired, especially if I can stay in my job at the condos in the Winter.  I imagine everyone goes through this when they hit retirement age.  

I feel weird in general.  My birthday is tomorrow.  God, I'm getting older.  Do I have to start thinking about how old I am when I want to do something?  Is it something a woman at my age should be doing?  Alone? I just feel weird.  I don't know how to "verbalize" it.  Maybe I need to get going on a trip next week to get me out of the weird funk I'm in.  Sorry for the self-pity here.  

I've got to pull myself together here and get out to get the oil changed in my KIA.  My OOTD will be leggings and a long-sleeve Tshirt.  Probably a baseball hat because I don't want to re-wet my hair to curl it and it's not presentable enough to wear down.  It's a sunny and in the 50s, so no need for a coat.  

• Like 1