for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, welcome back and hope you both had a great cruise. Looking forward to your photos😀

It is AMERICAN QUEEN that closed their doors......American Cruise Lines is still open.

Thanks, I was reading on my balcony in the sun 😎

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Melody - what ship/itinerary were you on?  I think my hamster is racing toward something cheap as soon as my season ends and plan something else for Fall/early Winter...

We were on Celebrity Silhouette on the 4 & 10 night itinerary. 4night was Key West & Nassau. 10 night was St Maarten, St Lucia, Tobago, Grenada & Antigua

Good morning, so did you both have a good time? How is Les feeling?.......that sounds like a nice couple of cruises!.  I was continuing to look at Celebrity and found a 10 night cruise on Silhouette too........and in this case they are actually offering a big Sr Discount. I have to say, after sailing the last 7 years on small ships, I am just hesitating on going back to the big ones.....I think I have gotten spoiled😧

• Like 1

We did have a great time. Weather was perfect for all 14 days. I did take a nasty fall on our 3rd day out going to the helipad Sailaway from Nassau. I was going down a carpeted hallway & my shoe caught a small riser (I was moving pretty quickly) & I totally biffed it. I landed flat on my face, chest, abdomen & right shoulder/upper right arm. I don’t think anything is broken (of course I haven’t gone to doc yet). This is my surgically repaired shoulder & hiatal hernia. I’ll go after we figure out (Tuesday) if Les needs to have gall bladder surgery. I’m just having issues lifting out & up from my body. Doing my post surgery exercises (carefully). My face was fine. Melody

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

OH WOW, that sounds painful!! I hope you will heal quickly and any damage is superficial. 

It was really fast from walking to splat being flat on the ground 

I had to go for lab work yesterday and am able to see the results already. My A1C is REALLY GOOD.......5.7!!!! And the the Glucose number is really good too.....only 86. I think this new Diabetes Medicine must be affecting me....(in a good way). And my most important number is the Creatine (Kidney) and that is the best it has been in 3 months so I know that Dr is going to be happy😀

• Like 3

11 hours ago, awhfy said:

We did have a great time. Weather was perfect for all 14 days. I did take a nasty fall on our 3rd day out going to the helipad Sailaway from Nassau. I was going down a carpeted hallway & my shoe caught a small riser (I was moving pretty quickly) & I totally biffed it. I landed flat on my face, chest, abdomen & right shoulder/upper right arm. I don’t think anything is broken (of course I haven’t gone to doc yet). This is my surgically repaired shoulder & hiatal hernia. I’ll go after we figure out (Tuesday) if Les needs to have gall bladder surgery. I’m just having issues lifting out & up from my body. Doing my post surgery exercises (carefully). My face was fine. Melody

That sounds pretty bad, Melody -- and on only your third day! 😢  On my TA cruise I was hobbling around after a fall in Rome, and it was hard enough to get around, but yours sounds worse. Fingers crossed no significant damage occurred.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, awhfy said:

We were on Celebrity Silhouette on the 4 & 10 night itinerary. 4night was Key West & Nassau. 10 night was St Maarten, St Lucia, Tobago, Grenada & Antigua

Sorry about the fall.  I did the "catch the toe" on the carpet thing the other week,  on my bad shoulder.  that was the impetus to visit my ortho.  Hope it is just a big bruise and nothing else!

Lois - I'm so jealous of your numbers!!!  Good job!  

Lois!  Great improvement on your numbers!!  Congratulations!!

Kat, it’s my ‘already repaired’ shoulder. No bruise, I’m pretty sure it’s ligament

sigh. Getting Les fixed first then if it’s still bothering me I’ll go in. Melody

• Like 1

Some of our cruise pictures. My friend, Rosie & I wore the same outfit one night & guys decided to get in on the act. The picture with the black & white pineapple print poncho shows the ice bag on my right shoulder. Melody 

IMG_8827.jpeg

IMG_8774.jpeg

IMG_0940.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

IMG_8751.jpeg

IMG_8728.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

IMG_8631.jpeg

IMG_8619.jpeg

IMG_8514.jpeg

IMG_8495.jpeg

IMG_8467.jpeg

IMG_4037.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_3868.jpeg

IMG_3866.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

IMG_8222.jpeg

IMG_8180.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7994.jpeg

IMG_7960.jpeg

IMG_7939.jpeg

• Like 2

Melody, fantastic photos🙂 looks like the 4 of you had a great time. Did you book this sailing with the other couple? Friends from home?

• Like 1

Good pics, Melody!  Fun time had by all despite the "oopsies".  

I did a "Melody" this afternoon at work - my one toe dragged at the top of the stairs and I went down.  Of course, it was my "bad" shoulder.  Why can't I fall in the opposite direction????  It has bothered me all day but I couldn't take any more Tylenol - the Arthritis formula is every 8 hours.  So, I'm just toughing it out for the rest of the day. 

I did a little job for my Tuscan owner.  She had a new slipcover for one of her dining room chairs delivered.  I said I'd put it on the chair in my spare time.  It was really tight and striped!  I got it as straight as I could, but I'll let it loosen a little and go back in a few days and do some more.  I sent her 2 photos of the chair to see how it came out.  She sent me 3 photos back:  one from the Piazza del Populo, one from a random walking street and one of a plate of tortellini al ragu alla Bolognese.  I sent back "I'm so jealous" and she replied with the snarky devil meme!!!   She always does a couple days in Rome before driving to her villa.  

Some of my owners are trying to convince me that I have to come back next year.  It's going to be a really hard choice come November...

OOTD:  jeans, multi-plaid shirt, Olu Kai chukka boots.  A beautiful day up here!  But, tomorrow night comes the next storm 🙀

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lois R said:

Melody, fantastic photos🙂 looks like the 4 of you had a great time. Did you book this sailing with the other couple? Friends from home?

These are great friends we met on our last Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. They live in FL now but originally from NY. 

Melody great photos , sorry about the fall .

Kat and Lois good luck with searching for a cruise.

I just had a big catch up on all the posts , so much news re health and falls!

Even so we all seem to make travel

a big priority , like Cynthia its our splurge as well.

Im off to a retreat this weekend in Australia.

Ive never been on one so will be interesting , healthy food , no coffee or alcohol, massages, facials , yoga and walks etc .Will report back .

• Like 2

Well I gave in & went to family doc this morning 😢. I have to get an mri & lots of xrsys but it looks like I have what could be a serious tear at the front of my right rotator cuff (my previous tear was to the back).

Les has his gall bladder surgeon appt tomorrow tomorrow morning & my mri is in the afternoon, sigh

Hi Melody, oh wow, seems the medical stuff is happening alot for you. So sorry about all that.........hope Les' surgery goes well. And all the best to you on the shoulder.

• Like 1

Hubby's hernia surgery went well. He is recuperating at his usual grumpy pace.

Lined up shore excursions for our next cruise (France/Spain in April). All new ports, so we are pretty excited. I need to get busy sewing a couple of new tops/dress for the trip. I'm such a procrastinator.

OK, y'all need to stop tripping! I don't like hearing all these injuries.

• Like 2