for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Good snowstorm yesterday & today 10” yesterday & 12” already today (it 0530 in morning). 30 minutes west of us they had 3 ft yesterday & already 2 additional Ft last night. Biggest storm here in town since 1998. We’re just grateful our daughter shoveled us out yesterday & she’s coming back this afternoon. Very happy we didn’t have any appts yesterday or today pictures taken from our second story looking down into the yard. Melody

IMG_8914.jpeg

IMG_8912.jpeg

• Like 2

Wow Melody that is a lot of snow!

Great you didn't have to drive anywhere.

Kat Vegas sounds fun ,I was reading somewhere about hotels there and a lot were saying the Cosmopolitan is their favourite.

• Like 2

Busy again over the weekend.  Being the only one on at work from 3-7 is getting wearing on me.  And, on Friday and Saturday nights I am the "host" for our wine & cheese hour from 4:30-5:30.  Friday and Sunday I bake cookies for après ski starting at 3pm. And Saturday I am the "host" for the beer and Saturday S'mores at the firepit from 3-4pm.  AND, I have to keep an eye out for any guests coming to check in (our check in time is 4pm).  I've whined about it for a couple of years but it's worse this year.  But, I could have said I wanted the morning shift...

The ski resort announced they are extending the season by a week, only the 2nd time in history.  So, now it closes on the 21st.  Boss kid doesn't bother to do any checking and schedules all of us for an extra week.  Nope, sorry, I'm flying out on the 21st in the AM.  Plus, he should have checked with upper management - last year they decided to not keep us for the extra week.   I'm pretty sure they want to do the same thing this year.  Sigh.  Only a few more weeks...

Melody - Mother Nature must have added extra moisture to the storm after it passed by us.  My friends who live in Aurora posted pics, too.  

OOTD:  I wore my new jeans (I had to get a smaller size again,  I have to STOP this weight loss!! Same as my other ones, just a 28), a white tank and my cammo green jacket.  Closest thing I'll do to St. Patrick's green.  

• Like 1

Kat, hope BK has to do everything on his own. I’d believe he’ll not be back next year & the owners will be clamoring for you!  

Most snow we’ve had here in town since 1998. Melody

• Like 1

Good morning girls........well, I turn 66 today........no, I don't feel any different from yesterday's 65 LOL.......I am going to Chico's later this morning and use my 25.00  gift card they sent me.

And then, this afternoon, the plumber is coming😧....great, no birthday discounts LOL......

I seem to be having a small issue inside my shower. (It is a walk in shower) and for some reason and I can't see where it is coming from but it seems part of the shower floor is staying wet......long after I have showered. This has been happening for at least a week. I want them to check it out just to see what is what and prevent anything from getting worse. Nothing is on the actual bathroom floor but just inside the shower. But it is weird.......it is like 3/4 of the floor dries out and and 1/4 of it stays wet.........

Melody, hope Les is feeling better.

• Like 1

I think I have told ya'll before (but not sure) I have a sister and bil who used to live here but they moved to Mexico a few years back......there is a large community of American and Canadian Retirees who live in Guadalajara.......any way, I I have some really sad news.....my bil died last night (unexpectedly)......my sister just called me. I may go down there at the end of the week to be with her.....not sure yet. He wasn't feeling well and had liver issues......and she ended up having to get him to the ER.......and then he had a heart attack and died yesterday☹️....... I think he was about 76..........would appreciate ya'lls good thoughts for my sister.

28 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Happy Birthday, Lois.  

My condolences to you and your sister.  I'm sure your sister would like to be with family at this difficult time. 

Hi Janet, thanks so much.

Oh Lois!  First of all, happy bday. Sincere condolences to your sister. I’m sure she’d be grateful if you could be with her. 

IMG_6762.jpeg

Les is doing ok, still no vision in the eye. This is his reading eye & we’re hoping reading glasses will help. His post op is this Wednesday. I have a ct scan to map the shoulder tomorrow. Then nothing (hopefully!) until 10 April (his gall bladder surgery) & 17 April (my shoulder replacement surgery). His 75th bday is 16 April. Thanks everyone for the concern & comments. It’s greatly appreciated. Melody

Hi Melody, that cake looks delicious! 

I will talk to my sister again and see what is best.

Thanks for the condolences.

• Like 1

The plumber was here and fixed a few things.......the handle to the faucet needed a new cartridge. It is what makes the handle turn more smoothly...OMG........it is so much better now......

The old one was at least 7 years old......it turns so easily now😃

She also cleaned out the shower head and the drain too........they are a company I have been using over the past few years and I have always been happy with their work. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yes, I'm still at work.  Just me and some guests. 

Lois - Happy, Happy Birthday!!

Condolences of the loss of your BIL.

My owners want me back.  They've been telling me that.  Unfortunately, the BK is the one responsible for rehiring or not.  I may try to work a side deal with the HOA Board to hire me on as the "Social Coordinator" and just work the Friday, Saturday and Sunday activities.  That would be my ideal situation.  I think the BK, if he stays, wants someone like my current co-worker - will do more moving things around and schmoozing to him, than doing what the job description says.  Yesterday, he texted her to tell her to wear clothes to get dirty.  Didn't text me.  He had her getting in the storage closet and getting rid of stuff and moving things around our storage cages.  Me?  I just sat and looked pretty and then made cookies at 3pm.  Easy, but boring way to earn my money.   I don't think the HOA would mind if another Operations Manager came around next year.  

OOTD:  my new jeans and a white & blue wide stripe long sleeve heavy Tshirt.  And my white high-tops.  Too warm for my booties...

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

I had a Dentist appt today........wore jeans and a long sleeved henley top.......sort of a grey background with narrow navy stripes.

My sister is doing ok.....she is going to come here next month for business about some of Kelly's things so she will stay with me for a few days. 

Melody, you look really cute😃

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I had a Dentist appt today........wore jeans and a long sleeved henley top.......sort of a grey background with narrow navy stripes.

My sister is doing ok.....she is going to come here next month for business about some of Kelly's things so she will stay with me for a few days. 

Melody, you look really cute😃

Thanks Lois. The jacket& jeans are Chicos

Happy belated birthday Lois .

Im so sorry to read of your brother in law , It must be such a shock for your sister.

I have just got back from three nights in LA . Got alot of things from trader joes 🙂

There seemed to be alot of passengers going on a HAL cruise from Auckland to Vancouver , exciting for them

• Like 1

Spending our last day in Australia packing and trying to figure out how our clothes have expanded in the suitcases😂.  Very difficult to fit it all in!   Our flight leaves this evening, should be back in Orlando early morning tomorrow.  It’s been a good trip (loved Auckland, Melissa!) but will be nice to get home.  

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Spending our last day in Australia packing and trying to figure out how our clothes have expanded in the suitcases😂.  Very difficult to fit it all in!   Our flight leaves this evening, should be back in Orlando early morning tomorrow.  It’s been a good trip (loved Auckland, Melissa!) but will be nice to get home.  

It looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

Sherri🙂

Safe journey home!!

Hi girls, thanks for all the kind wishes. My sister is actually coming here ( early next month) for about a week to get some things taken care of.........

so will be with her then. She will probably stay with me.

And more news, for anyone who follows....Princess Kate has cancer......I don't really keep up with "The Royals", like many people do but I knew she had surgery back in January. Looks like they found some cancer cells and she is going through Chemo.........wishing her all the best. She came out with a 2 minute video......it was quite moving. 

Hi Sherri, glad you had a good trip and wishing you safe travels home.

• Like 1

Hi Sherri 

Im pleased you enjoyed Auckland ,we had great weather this Summer ,last year it rained constantly.

Lois it is nice your sister will be able to spend time with you .

The Royal Family are having a tough time at present ,chemo is hard especially when you have a young family.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, thanks for all the kind wishes. My sister is actually coming here ( early next month) for about a week to get some things taken care of.........

so will be with her then. She will probably stay with me.

Lois, I am just catching up with posts, so sorry to hear that you BIL passed. My condolences to you and your sister. 

I've had an unexpectedly busy week with the windows/doors installation, tax prep and have not been feeling great due to spring allergies. Blaaahhhhh. 😔