for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I'd go with those odds too. (we did two total shoulders at work today along with umpteen rotator cuffs. Gotta love sports med day)

This doc is one of the  Olympic team orthos

• Like 1

3 hours ago, awhfy said:

Full thickness massive tear including another full thickness tear across original surgery that was in 2011.  I’m over 70. The doc said another rotator cuff (with shredded bicep tendon) repair he’d give maybe a 10-20% success rate he’s giving a 75-80% on reverse shoulder 

Oh gosh, not at ALL what you were expecting to hear. 😢

Some years are just like that. Seems these things come in clusters. I hope it is smooth sailing for you guys after this next round....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh gosh, not at ALL what you were expecting to hear. 😢

Some years are just like that. Seems these things come in clusters. I hope it is smooth sailing for you guys after this next round....

It has been an interesting year so far

On 3/7/2024 at 9:27 PM, awhfy said:

This doc is one of the  Olympic team orthos

One of the benefits of living near an Olympic Training Center.  I'm lucky to live where I have access to orthos for the US Ski and Snowboard Team.  And one of my owners is the ortho for all the Chicago pro sports teams.  Nice for a consult...

I made a $200 tip today.  One of the kids of a family that departed left his backpack with his computer and schoolbooks behind.  Their flight home was delayed 3 hours.  So, I drove the pack to the airport right after work.  Not supposed to do this, but I did it after I clocked out and out of my own want to get the kid his pack.  It was a HEAVY pack and it would have cost quite a bit of money to get it FedEx'd to him.  It was a nice night, no traffic and I had nothing going on.  I call it my Good Deed for the week.

OOTD:  my new Free People baggy pants (The Mesmorize Me in olive & cherry blossoms) - I had to get casual pants that fit (my ones from last summer are way loose), a white button henley and my tan hoodie sweater.  After a night from He!! last night at work (alone for 5 nights with 4 checkins and s'mores and then wine & cheese night!!!) I just wanted to be lazy and comfy.  I did get a lot of compliments on the pants so I guess I chose wisely.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

One of the benefits of living near an Olympic Training Center.  I'm lucky to live where I have access to orthos for the US Ski and Snowboard Team.  And one of my owners is the ortho for all the Chicago pro sports teams.  Nice for a consult...

I made a $200 tip today.  One of the kids of a family that departed left his backpack with his computer and schoolbooks behind.  Their flight home was delayed 3 hours.  So, I drove the pack to the airport right after work.  Not supposed to do this, but I did it after I clocked out and out of my own want to get the kid his pack.  It was a HEAVY pack and it would have cost quite a bit of money to get it FedEx'd to him.  It was a nice night, no traffic and I had nothing going on.  I call it my Good Deed for the week.

OOTD:  my new Free People baggy pants (The Mesmorize Me in olive & cherry blossoms) - I had to get casual pants that fit (my ones from last summer are way loose), a white button henley and my tan hoodie sweater.  After a night from He!! last night at work (alone for 5 nights with 4 checkins and s'mores and then wine & cheese night!!!) I just wanted to be lazy and comfy.  I did get a lot of compliments on the pants so I guess I chose wisely.

Kid was lucky the flight was delayed & you were able to get it to him. 

I agree, there are definite benefits to living close to an Olympic Training Center

• Like 1

Good morning, anyone else find it hard to adjust to losing that hour sleep over the weekend? OMG....me. Seems like all I wanted to do yesterday is nap. Then when I went to bed last night It was a pain trying to relax and go to sleep. Yikes!

Kat, that was so good of you to do that and I hope they know it!

• Like 1

Well crazy day. Les’s gall bladder surgery has been pushed to 10 April as first surgery. Reason, Les developed a detached retina over the weekend & is having surgery for that tomorrow morning at 7am.  The eye is very serious. I’m pretty much spinning. Melody

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Well crazy day. Les’s gall bladder surgery has been pushed to 10 April as first surgery. Reason, Les developed a detached retina over the weekend & is having surgery for that tomorrow morning at 7am.  The eye is very serious. I’m pretty much spinning. Melody

Melody, OH NO!!!!! Seems I was having health issues a few months ago and now it is your (and Les') turn to have them. Wishing him all the best tomorrow and please let us know how everything goes. Sending my best thoughts to both of you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hey Melody, how did the surgery go for Les? Thinking about you.

W just got home from the detached retina surgery., he’s resting in his recliner. His gall bladder surgery has been postponed to 10 April (right now my shoulder is scheduled for 8 Apr 

31 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Go Kat ! great to add another $$ to your travel fund.

Poor you and Les Melody ,when is your surgery scheduled .I hope it works with the new date Les has been given.

I’ll probably have to move my shoulder surgery 

59 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Good to hear Les is home and now needs to recuperate from retina surgery.  Hoping everything goes well for him. 

Thanks!  Me too!!

5 hours ago, awhfy said:

W just got home from the detached retina surgery., he’s resting in his recliner. His gall bladder surgery has been postponed to 10 April (right now my shoulder is scheduled for 8 Apr 

I've been distracted with other projects this week, so I'm just learning of Les's surgery now -- so sorry! Glad to hear all went well but just one more thing to deal with. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I've been distracted with other projects this week, so I'm just learning of Les's surgery now -- so sorry! Glad to hear all went well but just one more thing to deal with. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Thanks 

Wow,  Busy at work and haven't had a chance to check in.  Melody - so, so sorry about Les.  Detached retina - how did he catch it?  All these issues are coming so fast and close together.  I hope it stops and the two of you have a chance to get all repaired and just relax.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Wow,  Busy at work and haven't had a chance to check in.  Melody - so, so sorry about Les.  Detached retina - how did he catch it?  All these issues are coming so fast and close together.  I hope it stops and the two of you have a chance to get all repaired and just relax.  

No clue on how it happened. He had retinal tears in his other eye back in 2006. They said then that he could get them in the other eye

I stopped the hamster wheel, for now...

I'm desperate to get out of town as soon as the season ends, Apr. 14.  The stars aligned and I'm going to Las Vegas for 4 days.  The airfare was $200+taxes - cheaper than if I drove with gas and wear on the car.  Marriott had good rates at the Cosmopolitan.  Had to have a place with good pools.  And, I've splurged for a bucket-list dinner at "é", the private dining room by José Andrés. It's a 2-hour tasting menu, not told in advance.  Only 9 people for dinner.   I did one of his tasting menus back in 2018 at The Bazaar in Los Angeles and was thoroughly mesmorized.  Chef is one of my heroes, so I've always wanted to go big and go to é.  Combination birthday and probable retirement seemed like a good reason to do it.  

OOTD:  day off, so joggers & sweatshirt.  Didn't feel like slogging through the snow to do anything.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I stopped the hamster wheel, for now...

I'm desperate to get out of town as soon as the season ends, Apr. 14.  The stars aligned and I'm going to Las Vegas for 4 days.  The airfare was $200+taxes - cheaper than if I drove with gas and wear on the car.  Marriott had good rates at the Cosmopolitan.  Had to have a place with good pools.  And, I've splurged for a bucket-list dinner at "é", the private dining room by José Andrés. It's a 2-hour tasting menu, not told in advance.  Only 9 people for dinner.   I did one of his tasting menus back in 2018 at The Bazaar in Los Angeles and was thoroughly mesmorized.  Chef is one of my heroes, so I've always wanted to go big and go to é.  Combination birthday and probable retirement seemed like a good reason to do it.  

OOTD:  day off, so joggers & sweatshirt.  Didn't feel like slogging through the snow to do anything.  

Hi Kat, that Vegas trip sounds fun! And that tasting menu really sounds awesome!!!

• Like 1