for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Cute outfit. You look ready for another cruise. 😉

Hope you and Les had good results from your medical this week. 

Les still can’t see well enough to drive (or walk outside) yet, readers have allowed him to at least see his computer out of one eye. He has retina appts next week& week after, hoping it gets better, he’s getting pretty grumpy! (Understandably.  My shoulder won’t feel great till I get it replaced. We’re getting another snow storm tomorrow too, sigh. Melody

21 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody, those are cute but they only have them in a size 11.......way too big for me.

Bummer, I got my size 7 coming

Hi, I was thinking about my upcoming cruise at the end of May. It will be the first time I will be going on a 7 day cruise in a long, long, time. I am almost thinking I could do it with a carry on and and medium size tote bag. I have time to make a decision. It is a cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity Eclipse. First time I am back on a big ship in 7 years!

• Like 2

On thé ship: makeup yes, nice clothes , no.

at home: makeup depends on how I feel. For 34 years I have worn full face every single day unless I felt like I was dying. I did full face before going to give birth etc.!but I’m trying to relax a bit and get used to seeing my bare face without recoiling in horror. It’s a process. 
clothes- I would grunge out as usual. 

• Like 1

Hi Lois,

I travel with a 20" carryon  and a zipped small/medium nylon duffel.  I carry my luggage on and off the ship so I need something I can handle. This is also works for me on flights.

Yesterday I checked in for my cruise and chose the 10:30-11 time slot. I remember from past experiences, the hotel shuttle to the pier arrived early.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WELDON said:

Hi Lois,

I travel with a 20" carryon  and a zipped small/medium nylon duffel.  I carry my luggage on and off the ship so I need something I can handle. This is also works for me on flights.

Yesterday I checked in for my cruise and chose the 10:30-11 time slot. I remember from past experiences, the hotel shuttle to the pier arrived early.  

Hi Janet, what brand is that nylon bag?

The bag I have is 40 years old. I don't think these are made any more. The brand is Sasson. Is there a Ross Stores near you? They have a big luggage dept. and I have seen bags similar to what I have. It is a small/medium duffle bag made out of a heavier nylon. The bag I have wears like iron. Its been everywhere. My friend also bought one and hers is going strong, too.

This morning I had an emergency podiatry appointment. For a few weeks, I have had pain on the top of my foot, second toe. It gradually became worse to the point I could barely walk and had severe pain. Also the area was discolored, similar to a bruise. I had an x-ray and it showed I have capsulitis, an inflation of the ligament. I got a cortisone shot. I was getting worried because my cruise is coming up and no way could I go if I could not walk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WELDON said:

The bag I have is 40 years old. I don't think these are made any more. The brand is Sasson. Is there a Ross Stores near you? They have a big luggage dept. and I have seen bags similar to what I have. It is a small/medium duffle bag made out of a heavier nylon. The bag I have wears like iron. Its been everywhere. My friend also bought one and hers is going strong, too.

This morning I had an emergency podiatry appointment. For a few weeks, I have had pain on the top of my foot, second toe. It gradually became worse to the point I could barely walk and had severe pain. Also the area was discolored, similar to a bruise. I had an x-ray and it showed I have capsulitis, an inflation of the ligament. I got a cortisone shot. I was getting worried because my cruise is coming up and no way could I go if I could not walk.

Hi Janet...omg....that sounds painful and I hope you will be ok! 

Yes, there is Ross right near me. I know they have luggage dept and accessories too. I will check it out and maybe this cruise will be my first one without a checked bag. But I say that alot and then I bring the 25 inch one anyway LOL

• Like 2

Yes, this condition is super painful. I know it can take a couple of days for the cortisone shot to work.

As you know, traveling alone requires adjustments. I need to be able to lift and handle luggage on my own. When I had a traveling partner, I didn't think twice about what I was taking. I learned I can take less and still have enough. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WELDON said:

Oh I’ve had that!  Extremely painful. The cortisone shot will definitely help, Ice & elevation helps too  Motrin 800mg for several days help too 

15 hours ago, MissMisto130 said:

On thé ship: makeup yes, nice clothes , no.

at home: makeup depends on how I feel. For 34 years I have worn full face every single day unless I felt like I was dying. I did full face before going to give birth etc.!but I’m trying to relax a bit and get used to seeing my bare face without recoiling in horror. It’s a process. 
clothes- I would grunge out as usual. 

Welcome MissMisto130!   I started this thread during Covid as just fun.  It's grown and we're a pretty fun group of women.  We laugh, cry, support each other.  We try to keep a little cruise-related 😉

Melody - I think there is more snow in your future.  Been snowing all day here and supposed to keep snowing off and on through the weekend.  I am sooo over it all.  

Funny thing with my Italian villa owners again.  They flew back from Italy to the States Tuesday.  At home, I get a text around 8pm:  "Are you still at the condo?"  Unfortunately, I wasn't.  Turns out the Mr. was flying all the way to SLC to the condo and Mrs was staying to help her ailing mom.   Mr. forgot to grab the keys to the condo!!!  We did get someone up to let him in.  She leaves her glasses on the way to Italy and he leaves his keys on the way back!!  

OOTD:  Today, jeans and my blue deer long sleeve T.  It was a day to visit the hair stylist.  We started some light highlighting to get into summer time hair.  She combined merlot and cinnamon into one bowl.  Fun.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Welcome MissMisto130!   I started this thread during Covid as just fun.  It's grown and we're a pretty fun group of women.  We laugh, cry, support each other.  We try to keep a little cruise-related 😉

Melody - I think there is more snow in your future.  Been snowing all day here and supposed to keep snowing off and on through the weekend.  I am sooo over it all.  

Funny thing with my Italian villa owners again.  They flew back from Italy to the States Tuesday.  At home, I get a text around 8pm:  "Are you still at the condo?"  Unfortunately, I wasn't.  Turns out the Mr. was flying all the way to SLC to the condo and Mrs was staying to help her ailing mom.   Mr. forgot to grab the keys to the condo!!!  We did get someone up to let him in.  She leaves her glasses on the way to Italy and he leaves his keys on the way back!!  

OOTD:  Today, jeans and my blue deer long sleeve T.  It was a day to visit the hair stylist.  We started some light highlighting to get into summer time hair.  She combined merlot and cinnamon into one bowl.  Fun.  

We might get flurries on Monday into Tuesday. I’m so done with snow this year 

Hi girls, more health news from me. It is too long to post all the details but just to let you I am in the hospital......again.Grrrrrrrrrr. I will say I am getting really tired of all these issue. This time it is another kidney stone and they also found some nodules near my lung.

I am not in any pain, thankfully. Will keep you posted.

Hi Lois,

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you don't have any pain from the kidney stone.  I had one and it was really painful.  I will be thinking of you and hoping for good news. Keep your spirits up.  Definitely keep up posted. 

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, more health news from me. It is too long to post all the details but just to let you I am in the hospital......again.Grrrrrrrrrr. I will say I am getting really tired of all these issue. This time it is another kidney stone and they also found some nodules near my lung.

I am not in any pain, thankfully. Will keep you posted.

Lois, sorry to hear you are in the hospital again with more health issues. I hope they are able to get things sorted so you can get home and feel better.  🤞

Keep your spirits up. Good to get this dealt with before your next cruise.

Feel better soon, @Lois R

We are in the low 80s for a couple of days. Nice breeze, fairly low humidity. Pollen isn't too bad. . .yet. I have all the windows open and am hoping to chase some of the "winter smell" out.

OOTD: Black Athleta Moto leggings and new blouse for Easter service, shorts-that-don't-leave-the-house and "Be nice, drink wine, pet dogs" tank top.  And yeah, we had a nice bottle of cabernet with our steak and potato dinner.

• Like 2

Wow, Lois! So sorry to hear you are in the hospital, hope you have a quick recovery! Also, condolences on the passing of your brother in law, I hope your sister is doing ok.  And belated birthday wishes!

Melody,I hope both you and Les get everything taken care of and have smooth sailing after everything is done. 

It was a quiet Easter for us, youngest son and family were planning to come down for a week but they fell in love with a puppy at a rescue shelter last month and decided to adopt.  No traveling for him for awhile.😂  We also Christy, had steak, potatoes and wine for Easter dinner.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Lois, hope you’re feeling better & are out of the hospital!

Kat, we’re getting some of your snow…just a nuisance right now. 

Hi girls, hoping to released from the hospital today but still waiting for the Dr to come see me this morning. Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

Hi again, I am now home from the hospital. I know I never went into detail about what happened so to give a little background. This had to do with my kidneys again and I thought I saw some of the same symptoms I had previously (Like not being able to pee after drinking a lot of liquids). It is good I went to the ER again because I was right......and this time they put 2 stents in because, (drum roll)...............I have 2 stones........one on each Kidney. They will take them out (both stents and stones) sometime thins month. Probably in the next couple of weeks.  Anyway, my kidneys were not functioning properly but are much better now (because of the stents). And I need to find out why I am getting these stones too.

AND yes, something else showed up.......when they took the first CT Scan it was my entire abdomen and there is some fluid showing up near my right lung. They took a sample of the fluid yesterday and sent it to the lab to see what is going on with that stuff. No, I haven't felt sick and have never had Pneumonia and wouldn't know what that would feel like......and lets hope it is nothing malignant. Should have the results late this week or early next week.

And there is most of what happened....getting older really sucks.

• Like 1