Royal is starting to send crew home.

29 minutes ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

What happens if an Italian crew member goes home and when it reopens brings the virus back to the ship?

I think all the crew members who are being sent home will go though quarantine period before they can get on a ship.

40 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Just about every hotel on land is virtually empty.   Better situated and easier access.  It's a struggle getting wheelchairs up gangway at some ports.

Agree. Hotels near hospitals would be best situation. 

Our boys were part of the LOS Entertainment staff till their contracts expired this past November.    One of their cast members was recently called back to the Liberty,  signing on just this past Sunday (3/15).  Yesterday the boys heard from him that Royal is sending him home. My first question was how were they going to get him from Galveston to his home in Ireland?  So far, no answer!  

27 minutes ago, irzero said:

Allure has no sailings before June 7th now on my TA. Royal shows cruises which says their website is not updated/functioning.

Don’t see anything for Explorer, Quantum, Spectrum or Jewel in all of April either. 

14 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Don’t see anything for Explorer, Quantum, Spectrum or Jewel in all of April either. 

Where are you seeing this sorry? What's TA?

Anything for Rhapsody in May?

2 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Where are you seeing this sorry? What's TA?

Anything for Rhapsody in May?

On RCCL’s website if you select the month of May on the “Plan a Cruise” page, those ships are grayed out as options. I don’t know what the other poster meant by the Allure/TA comment. All ships but Odyssey show available for booking in May (Odyssey new this fall). 

5 minutes ago, irzero said:

I got inside info that they were not saying until June. Looks like it was on the money.

Personally im not sure what is going to change before June. Virus isnt going anywhere in 12 weeks. Not like they are going to suddenly open the ports and flights in Europe. Given the rate of infection increase in Europe America will be in dire straits in less than 4 weeks time so i cant see there being anything different there too. 

Yeah, unfortunately I’d be very surprised if anything sails before June and not surprised if it’s July or later. 

5 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

On RCCL’s website if you select the month of May on the “Plan a Cruise” page, those ships are grayed out as options. I don’t know what the other poster meant by the Allure/TA comment. All ships but Odyssey show available for booking in May (Odyssey new this fall). 

Ah yes I see. Hmmm wonder what they're upto. I have a booking for Rhapsody on 23 May. Obviously it's going to be cancelled but final payment is coming up and I've no idea what to do.

Edited by Mark_UK

29 minutes ago, SarahD112 said:

Don’t forget that Allure and Explorer never had cruises scheduled as they were in  drydock.  Quantum and Spectrum were Asia and those have been pulled indefinitely and Jewel was doing Dubai.  

Those cruises that aren't showing really are not anything new.

1 minute ago, irzero said:

Wrong

Allure has cruises in may. Travel agents have removed these cruises so I'm guessing they are cancelled despite them still showing on royals website.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

We were talking about April 

travel agents don’t  have any more knowledge than the rest of us.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 3/19/2020 at 3:01 AM, mugtech said:

Sounds like he is in the first group of crew members being sent home, perhaps his blog has something to do with that.  Does appear they will not be starting up again on 4/12/20, otherwise it would be a terrible waste of time and money.  Good luck getting back to UK.

I think he mentioned he was in the 8th month of his current contract. Generally they take a break around that time. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think he mentioned he was in the 8th month of his current contract. Generally they take a break around that time. 

Yes, also said he had expected to be on the ship for the entire 30 day suspension.  Perhaps it will take those 3 weeks to get back to the UK.

• Thanks 1

It is not 100% clear from Chris’s videos whether all crew is leaving, or just those with contracts ending.  However, with the state department moving the travel advisory to level 4 (do not travel) yesterday, I would think they are sending all crew members home and there will be another announcement about additional cancelled sailings.  I just wish they would make the announcement already. 😔

29 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

It is not 100% clear from Chris’s videos whether all crew is leaving, or just those with contracts ending.  However, with the state department moving the travel advisory to level 4 (do not travel) yesterday, I would think they are sending all crew members home and there will be another announcement about additional cancelled sailings.  I just wish they would make the announcement already. 😔

Same. 

7 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Just about every hotel on land is virtually empty.   Better situated and easier access.  It's a struggle getting wheelchairs up gangway at some ports.

Yeah, just heard Army Corp Engineers been in NY for 3 days checking out sites at Hotels and on College Campuses. Cruise ships just dont work for out well as a Hospital