Thank you all

Host Hattie

Especially those who have posted live from their disrupted journeys

Those who have posted updates from emails and websites

And those who have patiently answered questions from others

I'm very sad that things have come to this and I look forward to the days when the most distressing posts are about the dress code !

Thanks everyone

IMG_20200319_120619.jpg

• Like 14

Sorry but Cunard have lost my future custom after their actions today in changes to their Coronavirus policy and those loyal cruisers who had cruises booked.They have made it plainly obvious that they do not care about good customer service which you should expect from a 5* cruise line and how they treat their customers. They have made changes which worsens the position of customers and strengthens theirs. Sorry but once I have cruised, if possible, the current bookings I have with Cunard I will never book any new further bookings. My cruises if I do any will be booked with Princess who have treated their customers with the utmost respect and far superior than Cunard have. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Admin said:

I can't wait to be back on those ships!

Neither can we.

Marvellous company and fabulous ships. Bring them on.

I'd like to add my thanks to the Cruise Critic members who have kept us updated through what must be and have been  

for most, a trying tine.

Thank you.

• Like 3

It's always been my dream to be on a Cunard ship, more than anything. My uncle has given talks on the ships, he is always treated like a prince, then has fun hosting excursions. He and my aunt would love it even if he wasn't there to speak.

It's an unprecedented time and organizations are trying to quell many crisis at a time, with employees, guests, shareholders, the public at large while managing each individual's own wellness. No one company is going to get it 100% right, especially on the first attempt, but I have to believe they are doing their best and they will continue to do so. 

Disappointment is to be expected and understood, lots of valid feelings and reactions. We can talk about it now and in the coming weeks and months, see where things go. I know one thing, these companies are really going to want their tried and true fans back and will be working hard to earn them back. 

Meanwhile, I'll keep dreaming of all the splendor that is Cunard. :::swoon:::

• Like 1

Just now, Host Hattie said:

How lovely @Host Bonjour, maybe we can meet up on a Cunard ship one day !

That would be wonderful! @Host Hattie A TA has been a dream, to sort of recreate my grandfather's coming to America journey, but honestly, any itinerary would do! 🤗(And my great-grandmother was a Harriet!)

• Like 1

I've found recently, when I'm having trouble falling asleep with all the news in my head, that I'm able to visualize myself walking through the Grand Lobby to the Chart Room on the QM2 and I feel calm and comforted and am able to fall asleep (Sometimes I visualize the Commodore Club or just walking down the wide corridors on Decks 2 & 3 or along the game boards on 2.)

Although I had to cancel our crossings in May, I take comfort that we did the last minute December crossing, splurged on QG. And it was wonderful. (As it always is, whatever the cabin)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MarkBearSF said:

I'm able to visualize myself walking through the Grand Lobby to the Chart Room on the QM2

This is a great visual and wonderful coping skill, which is a great thing to practice now, and in the coming days/weeks. Many of us won't have available to us the usual things we might do to recharge/relax and so finding effective, alternative methods might be challenging at first but sharing ideas and methods will be helpful and ensure we all get through this with our wits and humor in tact. Eventually everyone can start planning again for the vacation of their lives! 

For now I'll be queuing up films, travelogues, television that can transport me to places I love. Not all are great but there are many more to choose from, and lots of great ones from the past, so it'll be fun to take visual visits of places I've visited that I love, and places I hope to get to soon. I always love seeing the inside/decks of ships, which tend not to be realistically portrayed (scale/size) but when done well, or it's really shot from the outside of the boat, the ambiance and effect can be felt. 

Thanks for sharing your technique MarkBearSF! 🙂 

We are still holding on to our mid-June crossing on the QM2 with hopes that things will settle down.  We have joked about a BTB including the prior crossing from Brooklyn.  Keeping my hopes and spirits up, and frankly tired of all the sadness about cruising.

• Like 2

Im only reading this quickly as we have only just got internet back and will read it more throughly off line but in my mind Cunard has done a brilliant job of looking after us here on the Queen Victoria and should be commended. One thing in particular that is noticeable is that the crew on board have unreliable futures and yet they still come out from behind the green door each morning smiling and giving us the best service they can. Cunard has to juggle a fine line between their shareholders and maintaining their customer base in a very different world and I think them for looking after us here.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

...in my mind Cunard has done a brilliant job of looking after us here on the Queen Victoria and should be commended...

There are two Cunards, as this thread clearly demonstrates.
1. The onboard Cunard. we've sailed several times with them and they are still my favourite cruise line. In a word: terrific.
2. The land side Cunard. This is where all the issues are (and have been, long before this virus surfaced). In a word: dreadful.

• Like 4

On 3/19/2020 at 10:49 PM, MarkBearSF said:

I'm able to visualize myself walking through the Grand Lobby to the Chart Room on the QM2 and I feel calm and comforted and am able to fall asleep (Sometimes I visualize the Commodore Club or just walking down the wide corridors on Decks 2 & 3 or along the game boards on 2.)

What a lovely idea, @MarkBearSF

On 3/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, MarkBearSF said:

I've found recently, when I'm having trouble falling asleep with all the news in my head, that I'm able to visualize myself walking through the Grand Lobby to the Chart Room on the QM2 and I feel calm and comforted and am able to fall asleep (Sometimes I visualize the Commodore Club or just walking down the wide corridors on Decks 2 & 3 or along the game boards on 2.)

Although I had to cancel our crossings in May, I take comfort that we did the last minute December crossing, splurged on QG. And it was wonderful. (As it always is, whatever the cabin)

Hi, 

This is a great post. My favorite QM2 thoughts are afternoon tea in the Queens Room.

I am particularly disappointed because I am booked on the Queen Victoria (April 26) and the Queen Elizabeth (May 30). I reserved a Queens Grill stateroom on the Queen Elizabeth (my first time to try Queens Grill). I'm sure that both cruises will be cancelled, but I am waiting to hear from Cunard about these sailings.

I sincerely hope that there are many more wonderful Cunard voyages in my future.

Chuck

• Like 1