The Post Your Favorite Celebrity Cruise Photos Thread

WonderMan3

Jun 18 2007 Millennium sailing, 12 night Venice to Barcelona

We spent 3 nights pre-cruise in Venice and the ship overnighted there for the 1st night of the sailing.  That gave us ample time to check out Venice.  Here is a photo of a classic view of the Bridge of Sighs taken on Jun 15. 

It was pretty hot during our time there and when we finally decided to do a gondola ride, we did it at night when it was much cooler (and more expensive).  Not only was the heat gone, but so were the crowds and surprisingly to us this rather touristy ride had a magical quality to it as we floated past the buildings listening to people getting their dinner ready and settling in for the evening.  

Bridge of Sighs.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Jan 2 2018 Solstice sailing, 12 Night Great Barrier Reef

This is a photo of the Canyon Ranch Spa reception area, taken aboard Solstice on Jan 5 2018.  I rarely frequented this area on any of our prior cruises except on tours or to accompany my wife to make her spa appointment.  However after undergoing quadruple bypass surgery following a heart attack in Sep 2017, I became a regular customer of the adjacent fitness center on this and our following cruises which meant I got to pass through this reception area a lot.  Although they look very nice, I have yet to try out these chairs to evaluate how comfortable they really are.  I am either too much in a hurry when I am going to the gym or too sweaty when I leave to find out.

IMG_5459d.jpg

Edited by mahdnc

On occasion you can get a good photograph from the air on your way to your cruise.  Here is an early morning photo of California's Mono Lake taken from 30,000 ft when the sun was low and the air was clear (and the window was clean).

Mono Lake.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2020 at 8:46 PM, WonderMan3 said:

Since no one is actively cruising on Celebrity right now (save for some folks on Eclipse heading back to the States from South America), how about a thread to remember happy moments from past cruises during this depressing time. Let’s post our favorite photos from our past Celebrity Cruises. A few requests though...

1. Post photos from onboard ship or at any port during the cruise.

2. Post photos one at a time, and no more than three per day, just so we can get a variety of photos from different members and don’t flood the thread with many photos in one post.

3. Include some explanations about what you’re posting; what ship, when you took the cruise, what port, etc. And if you have a nice story to go along with the photo even better.

I’ll start...

This is a photo I took in January of 2017 in St. Lucia while on a Celebrity Eclipse cruise. My family group had booked an excursion with Spencer Ambrose Tours to visit Sugar Beach. On our way there by boat from the cruise port we made a stop at the town of Soufriere where I captured this shot of a boat in the harbor with the backdrop of Petit Piton, one of the two famous peaks of St. Lucia.

Looking forward you seeing everyone’s photos!

F4D26433-60F7-48DA-8476-4B32EF59AAE7.jpeg

Stunning photo!

• Like 1

Thankyou for the great idea!

Love to browse cc, but too much doom & gloom just now in many of the topics.

Have just found this & I am very much looking forward to looking at all the amazing photos whilst dreaming about our next cruise 😊

• Like 3

On 3/22/2020 at 9:33 PM, WonderMan3 said:

California Lighthouse in Aruba, taken while we were out on an island tour during a port stop on Eclipse in January 2015.

088 (2).JPG

WonderMan3 are you a professional photographer? Your photos are truly amazing 

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

WonderMan3 are you a professional photographer? Your photos are truly amazing 

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! Not really professional per se. Just started focusing on it as a hobby in 2016 when I left my job in the travel industry. Was spending a lot of time at my vacation home on Cape Cod and taking photos of the landscapes there. I was getting good response when posting my photos on local social media groups and started to do more especially once I moved to the Cape full-time in 2017. I started selling prints on an ad-hoc basis and doing yearly calendars featuring my photography in 2018 through my photo group (on another social media site that shall not be named) and my IG page and that has been seeing increasing success. Maybe at some point I'll open a little shop here in Provincetown to sell my stuff but it's still just a hobby. I find that when it starts to become "work" I tend to lose interest in something, so I try to keep it fun and not serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WonderMan3 said:

Thank you! Not really professional per se. Just started focusing on it as a hobby in 2016 when I left my job in the travel industry. Was spending a lot of time at my vacation home on Cape Cod and taking photos of the landscapes there. I was getting good response when posting my photos on local social media groups and started to do more especially once I moved to the Cape full-time in 2017. I started selling prints on an ad-hoc basis and doing yearly calendars featuring my photography in 2018 through my photo group (on another social media site that shall not be named) and my IG page and that has been seeing increasing success. Maybe at some point I'll open a little shop here in Provincetown to sell my stuff but it's still just a hobby. I find that when it starts to become "work" I tend to lose interest in something, so I try to keep it fun and not serious.

Thankyou!

Your photos are a joy, I love photography & I love viewing everyone's photos.

Great idea.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 11:14 PM, cachouonacruise said:

Thank-you so much Wonderman for this thread! It really symbolizes why we fell in love with cruising.

Thank-you also very much fellow Cruise Critic Members for the beautiful pictures that you posted. I really enjoyed looking at them and dreaming about places I have not yet seen.

Here is my contribution:

Celebrity Solstice, Hawaï to Vancouver, my wife and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary. The picture was taken from the Haleakala Crater on Maui. It was my first experience being above the clouds... on foot.

IMG_1019.jpg

Wow! Fantastic photo 

• Haha 1