P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The government website is quite clear. You should not have any contact with your son. 

"You should not have visitors, including friends and family

The government website can be as clear as it likes, though - the reality is that there's virtually no enforcement.

The chances of being caught are about as remote as the chances of the track and trace system living up to the PM's claims that it's 'world beating', or his claim several months ago that we can 'send coronavirus packing' in 12 weeks.

Words, words, words all the time.  But very little action.  

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's a complicated and difficult situation when you share your home with others. This is another confusing piece of advice. One size doesn’t fit all. 

Avril 

Thank you Avril.

It was my understanding you could still quarantine even with family living in the same house.

2 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Thank you Avril.

It was my understanding you could still quarantine even with family living in the same house.

Yes you can, as long as the family members stay in quarantine with you, and don't go out.

Just now, wowzz said:

Yes you can, as long as the family members stay in quarantine with you, and don't go out.

All seems clear. Others will probably disagree and blame the Government, when in reality if people want to break the rules and risk infecting neighbours, it doesn't matter what the rules say.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My understanding is that anyone living in the same house as someone in quarantine can go out unless they develop coronavirus symptoms. May be daft, but think them's the rules.

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

All seems clear.

Yes it does, the same as all the advice we've be given to date. It changes every few days and is even more confusing when different ministers give different advice on the same topic. Clear as mud 😞

Avril 

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Again, just back from Sainsbury's and still many ladies seem to think their noses are immune from covid. All I could see as I gazed upon them was the cartoon thingy that (I think) Kalos posted😱. He has a lot to answer for.🤣

Not one of mine Annie I was innocent :classic_smile: (for once :classic_rolleyes:)

Did anyone else find it really hot trying to sleep last night ?

I couldn't sleep last night so I decided to have a play on my drums...
I also learnt that my neighbour has Tourettes ! :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Yes it does, the same as all the advice we've be given to date. It changes every few days and is even more confusing when different ministers give different advice on the same topic. Clear as mud 😞

Avril 

So you get back from Spain and Quarantine for 14 days. If the Science changes, so do the rules. I don't think that is unclear.

Just now, zap99 said:

So you get back from Spain and Quarantine for 14 days. If the Science changes, so do the rules. I don't think that is unclear.

The hidden advice (as in family members who didn't travel but who live in the same house in this case) isn't easy to find - it took me a while on the gov.uk site to find the most relevant advice; others won't bother to look.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Very few people understand the rules because they’ve been made ridiculously overcomplex and change at a whim.

14% understand them fully:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/confusion-lockdown-rules-understanding-a4513261.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, zap99 said:

No not the science zap. It's obvious reading through the last few posts that we're guessing  as to the rules regarding families living together in the same house,  and that has never been clear. We're all intelligent people on here  (well mostly😉) and none of us has interpreted the  advice the same.

Avril 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

The hidden advice (as in family members who didn't travel but who live in the same house in this case) isn't easy to find - it took me a while on the gov.uk site to find the most relevant advice; others won't bother to look.

You are right. If some people don't like the rules they will just ignore them.

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

Very few people understand the rules because they’ve been made ridiculously overcomplex and change at a whim.

14% understand them fully:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/confusion-lockdown-rules-understanding-a4513261.html

I can’t pretend to know all the rules.

i make the effort to know what applies to me, but I haven’t got room in my brain to know every single rule 

• Like 2

AnnieC - you are correct, and I was wrong. 

Unbelievably  you can travel from a place with a high CV19  rate, stay in a house with family members, potentially infect these family members, who will be continuing their normal lives, thus potentially infecting hundreds of others.

Sheer nincompoopery! 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Did anyone else find it really hot trying to sleep last night? 

I did. It was awful. We had the bedroom  ceiling fan on high but it made no difference at all. Went to bed at 12.15am and up again at 3.30am. We were sat on sun loungers outside with a cuppa. Managed a cat nap outside though as well. It's much cooler here now thank goodness. Might get some sleep tonight😴

Avril 

• Like 1

One of our family flew back into East midlands last weekend .

They tell me that the mask/hygiene  and onboard the flight was adhered to by all.

They also told us that they had to fill a form in to hand to a quarantine rep who would 

meet passengers as they left the customs area .

No one was there to take the forms off any of the passengers .No contact number on the form .

They took it upon themselves to  quarantine anyway but I wonder if all the other passengers have.:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, wowzz said:

Surely the word " quarantine" should be sufficient.  It means, stay away from other people, do not have contact with other people. 

You are either in quarantine or you are not. 

The rules are clear and prescriptive. When you arrive back and don't think you can comply  you are required to inform Border Force ( or just say you don't understand and ignore them and risk infecting other folks)

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The rules are clear and prescriptive. When you arrive back and don't think you can comply  you are required to inform Border Force ( or just say you don't understand and ignore them and risk infecting other folks)

Rules without effective enforcement are pointless. And that isn’t helped by a totally dysfunctional track and trace system.  The chaos still continues with the A level result fiasco. What a mess.

• Like 1

M&S are not enforcing any rules regards Covid.  I went in to collect something I had ordered on line, lots of people without masks and not being challenged.  I walked past one lady (?) who had a plastic visor on, as I walked toward her she lifted it and started to sneeze, a man said something to her about infecting other people and she told that she didn't want to sneeze on the inside of her visor because it would mess it up.  I made sure to move further than 2 metres away as I passed.  I have just emailed M&S to express my concern about them not enforcing, masks or social distancing though I doubt that it will make any difference.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I did. It was awful. We had the bedroom  ceiling fan on high but it made no difference at all. Went to bed at 12.15am and up again at 3.30am. We were sat on sun loungers outside with a cuppa. Managed a cat nap outside though as well. It's much cooler here now thank goodness. Might get some sleep tonight😴

Avril 

You have my sympathy, I have struggled to sleep for the last week because of the heat, our ceiling fan doesn't help because it is just moving warm air around.

Edited by Josy1953

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Rules without effective enforcement are pointless. And that isn’t helped by a totally dysfunctional track and trace system.  The chaos still continues with the A level result fiasco. What a mess.

Anything else?. Are you  happy with trains?. I don't know why we bother Fawlty😂

Edited by zap99
Added

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

M&S are not enforcing any rules regards Covid.  I went in to collect something I had ordered on line, lots of people without masks and not being challenged.  I walked past one lady (?) who had a plastic visor on, as I walked toward her she lifted it and started to sneeze, a man said something to her about infecting other people and she told that she didn't want to sneeze on the inside of her visor because it would mess it up.  I made sure to move further than 2 metres away as I passed.  I have just emailed M&S to express my concern about them not enforcing, masks or social distancing though I doubt that it will make any difference.

100% of customers wearing masks in our local M&S foodhall today. 

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Anything else?. Are you  happy with trains?. I don't know why we bother Fawlty😂

This has nothing to do with Basil  - and everything to do with the critical health of the country, and its financial health.  Both are now amongst the worst Coronavirus victims in the entire world.

We are all paying the price.  Not a political comment - just a statement of hard fact.