P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I have a covid19 test at 10am this morning.

I have been unwell since Friday and stopped at home and last night I had a high temperature.

Not looking forward to the test.☹️

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Hope the test comes back negative.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter has a test being delivered today as she is shielding. She's also been feeling ill for about a week now. Her breathing isn't too good either and her inhaler doesn't help. I'm sure both tests will be negative🤞 Keep us informed Graham and I hope Pauline is alright.

Avril

Hope you your daughter feels better soon and that the test comes back negative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

As part of the vaccine trial, we had to do test at the first appointment, I posted mine on the way home and got the result by text the next day, hopefully your daughter will get her result as quickly to put her mind at rest, she must be very worried.

We all are, but that's a sign of the times now. A year ago we would have been saying  'I think I'm getting a bad cold or it might be a touch of flu', then take a couple of paracetamol and rest. Now we panic thinking it could be covid. 

Avril

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. I tell her the same, but because she lives alone, she is in a 'bubble' (what a silly word!) with her daughter and family so who knows. Her daughter is doing the test for her as she's a nurse and wants to make sure it's done properly. Have to stay positive.

Avril

My fingers are crossed for your daughter Avril.......x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has a a anybody else been asked been asked to take part in a test for  antibodies.

I was selected at random to do a test mailed to me a few weeks ago has part of a national survey, my result was negative I had no antibodies to the vjrus.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter has a test being delivered today as she is shielding. She's also been feeling ill for about a week now. Her breathing isn't too good either and her inhaler doesn't help. I'm sure both tests will be negative🤞 Keep us informed Graham and I hope Pauline is alright.

Avril

Oh dear , it must be that time of year, I hope your daughter also comes back negative result

and also feels better real soon .

Yesterday was a bit of an odd one for me, I got up feeling fine walked into our bathroom

and Wham ! In a split second my head felt washed out and sweat was just pouring out of 

my head and felt sick as a dog . I had to shout Mrs K to come help me to my bed.

That's is where I stayed for the day to say I felt crap was an understatement and all I did was sleep.

I had a quick look at this site but apart from clicking the odd like that was me done for the day.

Today thankfully I feel a lot better and am up and about and have ate this morning.

Looking at the time Graham should be looking like Black Adder and i hope all goes well for him.

images.jpg.027249cc8c0dd67df100fb1beecb490c.jpgGood luck & keep safe :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear you are unwell, I hope that it is not covid.  I will be thinking of you.

Thank you Josy.

I have had the test now and back home.

The testing site was 2 minutes drive from home.

It was quite busy but exceptionally well organised and I was out within 10 minutes.

15 seconds swab around the back of my throat caused me to gag a little.

Same swab 15 seconds up the nose was not to bad but slightly painful.

Just have to wait for the results now which they said would be within 72 hours.

Surprised the test wasn't as bad as I feared.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Oh dear , it must be that time of year, I hope your daughter also comes back negative result

and also feels better real soon .

Yesterday was a bit of an odd one for me, I got up feeling fine walked into our bathroom

and Wham ! In a split second my head felt washed out and sweat was just pouring out of 

my head and felt sick as a dog . I had to shout Mrs K to come help me to my bed.

That's is where I stayed for the day to say I felt crap was an understatement and all I did was sleep.

I had a quick look at this site but apart from clicking the odd like that was me done for the day.

Today thankfully I feel a lot better and am up and about and have ate this morning.

Looking at the time Graham should be looking like Mr bean and i hope all goes well for him.

images.jpg.027249cc8c0dd67df100fb1beecb490c.jpgGood luck & keep safe :classic_smile:

I'm glad you're feeling much better kalos. These 24hr things come from nowhere and knock you off your feet. It makes you wonder how you get them when you're shielding doesn't it? I'm glad you posted your picture after Graham had already left or he would  still be hiding under the stairs😁

Avril

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

All the best, Graham 

Thanks Dermotsgirl.

After waking up at 2.30am absolutely soaking we had to put new bedding on our bed I actually feel better than I have for 6 days and Pauline said I look a lot better so I pray I have turned the corner.

I have had the flu jab and pneumonia jab several weeks ago and personally suspect it is covid19.

Graham.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Josy.

It was quite busy but exceptionally well organised and I was out within 10 minutes.

Graham.

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought, or as bad as kalos's picture intimated. I hope you're feeling better than you did yesterday and I'm hopeful the result will be negative.

Avril

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Thank you Avril and I pray your daughter is negative and recovers very quickly.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Dermotsgirl.

After waking up at 2.30am absolutely soaking we had to put new bedding on our bed I actually feel better than I have for 6 days and Pauline said I look a lot better so I pray I have turned the corner.

I have had the flu jab and pneumonia jab several weeks ago and personally suspect it is covid19.

Graham.

Glad you are feeling a bit better.

If it is Covid, you are at the point where things either get better or worse, so it is a very good sign that you are feeling better now.

Hopefully you’ll get your result soon, then you’ll know for sure one way or the other.

in the meantime, put your feet up, and look after yourself 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Glad you are feeling a bit better.

If it is Covid, you are at the point where things either get better or worse, so it is a very good sign that you are feeling better now.

Hopefully you’ll get your result soon, then you’ll know for sure one way or the other.

in the meantime, put your feet up, and look after yourself 

Thank you Dermotsgirl.

I appreciate yours and everyone else's concerns and best wishes.

Graham 

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Josy.

Graham.

Glad to hear it went well and was over and done with quickly. Now back home for a cuppa.

Have taken my daughter up several times for tests, but our round trip is nearer an hour!

Edited by purplesea
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

As part of the vaccine trial, we had to do a test at the first appointment, I posted mine on the way home and got the result by text the next day, hopefully your daughter will get her result as quickly to put her mind at rest, she must be very worried.

They have to be posted in designated NHS post boxes for some reason.

Thank you for volunteering to test the potential new vaccine.

I hope you are well.

Graham.

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We all are, but that's a sign of the times now. A year ago we would have been saying  'I think I'm getting a bad cold or it might be a touch of flu', then take a couple of paracetamol and rest. Now we panic thinking it could be covid. 

Avril

Exactly.

I have had the flu and pneumonia jabs and this was my first cold this year so automatically think the worst after last night's fever.

I always lose my sense of taste with a cold and I hadn't this time.

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If it is as you suspect then I hope Pauline is still alright.

Avril

Thank you.

Pauline has been fine and we are together almost 24/7.🤞

She is a Key worker but only works 2 days working from home Monday and Tuesday.

Graham.

21 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Glad to hear it went well and was over and done with quickly. Now back home for a cuppa.

Have taken my daughter up several times for tests, but our round trip is nearer an hour!

Thank you.

Sorry to hear your journey time to a test centre is an hour round trip and that your daughter has needed to get tested several times.

Hopefully she doesn't need any more tests but it is best to be safe.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Has a a anybody else been asked been asked to take part in a test for  antibodies.

I was selected at random to do a test mailed to me a few weeks ago has part of a national survey, my result was negative I had no antibodies to the vjrus.

Pauline got a letter yesterday.from the NHS asking her to take part.