P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

@Adawn47. Are you and Frank ok Avril? Haven't heard from you recently so I hope are both alright and recovered. Well it's anniversary day today and thanks to your's and Frank's kind support and advice I'm ready to declare....I'm a vaper not a smoker. Yay!!!!!!

Dentist for me today. First appointment for the crown fittings ... not in the Camilla sense obviously but no doubt the bill will reflect a more sparkling crown.

Wishing you all a good weekend. Be well and warm - snow next week apparently. Best wishes. Jane xxx

Very well done Jane.🥇 I'm sure you are begining to feel the benefits of being a non-smoker, not only health-wise but also in the pocket. I have also noticed that some travel insurance companies are now, in the smoker or non-smoker declaration, state vaping is classed as  non-smoker.

Frank and I are recovering slowly thanks Jane, but we are so lethargic, our 'get up and go' just got up and went😒. To make matters worse I am now nursing a very badly  bruised and swollen knee.

The sweep came yesterday to clean the chimney and clean and service the Parkray. I folded the hall runner up to keep it clean and promptly tripped up over it. I went ace over apex and ended up flat out on the hardwood floor. I iced my knee all day yesterday and am taking ibuprofen so I think it will be ok in a few days. Things can only get better🤞

Have a good day everyone and stay warm and vertical😉

Avril

• Like 12

Sorry to read about your knee, Avril - as  if you had not had enough to put up with recently.  Everyone who has had whatever bug this is seems to say the same about very slow recovery, including much younger people.  I keep thinking things can only get better, for me and all of us, but it is certainly taking its time!

In all of my pretty long life I cannot remember a period of time when so many things, all around the world, were problematic - effectively since the start of 2020.  Just when you start to feel cheerful, something else comes along.

We all need a lovely cruise!  And to enjoy the little blessings, like the tiny narcissus round the base of my magnolia stellata, which is covered in buds.

Having said all that, I hope  everyone on here has a good day, and the poorly ones are on the mend.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Very well done Jane.🥇 I'm sure you are begining to feel the benefits of being a non-smoker, not only health-wise but also in the pocket. I have also noticed that some travel insurance companies are now, in the smoker or non-smoker declaration, state vaping is classed as  non-smoker.

Frank and I are recovering slowly thanks Jane, but we are so lethargic, our 'get up and go' just got up and went😒. To make matters worse I am now nursing a very badly  bruised and swollen knee.

The sweep came yesterday to clean the chimney and clean and service the Parkray. I folded the hall runner up to keep it clean and promptly tripped up over it. I went ace over apex and ended up flat out on the hardwood floor. I iced my knee all day yesterday and am taking ibuprofen so I think it will be ok in a few days. Things can only get better🤞

Avril

Hello Avril

It's lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear about your knee and your "get up and gone". I do hope your your mojo is restored soon - both of you.

Yes, my bank account is very much feeling the benefit of my vaping as well as my health. Having said that, any monetary rewards are very much in the coffers of the dentist for the forseeable.  Although the transition has been relatively pain-free, I have had a cough from day one which is annoying rather than anything else. Apparently this is quite normal but I'll keep an eye on it. Interesting to hear about the insurance companies classing vapers as non-smokers . Good though.

Take good care Avril and Frank. Best wishes always. Jane xx

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Sorry to hear about your fall Avril and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Hello Avril

It's lovely to hear from you but sorry to hear about your knee and your "get up and gone". I do hope your your mojo is restored soon - both of you.

Yes, my bank account is very much feeling the benefit of my vaping as well as my health. Having said that, any monetary rewards are very much in the coffers of the dentist for the forseeable.  Although the transition has been relatively pain-free, I have had a cough from day one which is annoying rather than anything else. Apparently this is quite normal but I'll keep an eye on it. Interesting to hear about the insurance companies classing vapers as non-smokers . Good though.

Take good care Avril and Frank. Best wishes always. Jane xx

Well done Jane for keeping off the cigarettes.

You will feel better for it in many ways.

Graham xx

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Although the transition has been relatively pain-free, I have had a cough from day one which is annoying rather than anything else. Apparently this is quite normal but I'll keep an eye on it.

Frank did the same and had a word with the doctor about it.  Apparently, tobacco smoke (not nicotine) destroys some of the tiny hairs in the airways which help clear the mucus from the lungs. When you stop smoking they begin to grow back and start working again to clear the mucus, hence a cough. It lasted for about a month or so and never got any worse. It would have been the same if he'd have stopped smoking without vaping. As you say, keep an eye on it and you can always have a word with your doctor as Frank did.

Avril & Frank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cloudy, cool and bits of light rain here. Been into the Old Town to do a greetings card shop and then over to the retail park for an M&S treat-food shop. Out for a swim and steam this afternoon...

Hope the knee isn't too sore Avril!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Just posting this to say I've just notched up 5000 posts. Only taken me nearly 18 years...😂

Well done. 

I guess in another 50 years you will catch up with Graham! 

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Just noticed I have done 5k. since 2009.   I hadn't been looking; didn't know I was such a chatterbox and busybody.  Though not as much of one as Graham!

TBH I had hoped to play golf most days but my hip and knee arthritis severely prevented what I can do and I haven't been to the gym since my heart attack 3 years ago so reading and posting on cruise critic gives me something to do.

It is cold 3°C and cloudy this morning.

I hope everyone is well or feeling better in particular @Adawn47 and @Eglesbrech

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

To be honest Graham, I would have cut my losses and gone home !

McDonald's coffee is okay and sitting looking out to sea is something I could do for hours as it is so relaxing and this beach is only 5 miles from home.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

McDonald's coffee is okay and sitting looking out to sea is something I could do for hours as it is so relaxing and this beach is only 5 miles from home.

I'm not sure about McD's coffee, I never go there since my niece's daughter decided that she prefers Starbucks so when she asks now that's where I take her.  Starbucks sell a Cookies and Cream Frappacino which she loves.

Like you I find sitting watching the sea very relaxing and could spend all day doing it and often just sit on the balcony staring out to sea when we are on a ship.

Have a good day 🚢

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm not sure about McD's coffee, I never go there since my niece's daughter decided that she prefers Starbucks so when she asks now that's where I take her.  Starbucks sell a Cookies and Cream Frappacino which she loves.

Like you I find sitting watching the sea very relaxing and could spend all day doing it and often just sit on the balcony staring out to sea when we are on a ship.

Have a good day 🚢

Paulines best friend and her husband are in Starbucks all of the time and try all of the different coffees.

I just like an Americano coffee and at 99p most of the time McDonald's coffee is okay and convenient to get one going through the drive through.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

Well its saturday. Footbal and F1 day. Although has turned out expensive. Booked a MSC cruise for a week, end of March and a two week P&O from Malta Aug 24. Sandwiched inbetween is Arvia this Aug for two weeks. 

Bread and water for us for the next few years 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Well its saturday. Footbal and F1 day. Although has turned out expensive. Booked a MSC cruise for a week, end of March and a two week P&O from Malta Aug 24. Sandwiched inbetween is Arvia this Aug for two weeks. 

Bread and water for us for the next few years 🤣

It will all be worth it. You can make up for the bread and water on the cruises! Enjoy. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1