P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone, well it’s hot , hot , hot , here in fuerteventura it’s been 31 and believe it or not no wind to keep cool with it , had to keep walking up to the swimming pool yesterday to cool down it’s not far just two houses away , it’s good to see dad looking so well after our March scare , taking sister in law to airport today and out for dinner so a relaxing day as you can’t do too much in this heat , I think for the next week we have some wind coming and cloudy but the temperature will still be there , I have the patio doors open all night trying to keep cool but then early in the morning you can here the aeroplanes starting up on the runway and taking off 🥴 never mind I’d rather this than rain but wished my sister had aircon. Enjoy your day everyone 🌞

• Like 11

14 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Our boy Derek is now a fully qualified Guide Dog and has been matched with an owner. So proud of you Derek xx

20230628_172139.jpg

Congratulations to Derek and to you. One of our neighbours does the same, their first Labrador didn’t make the grade so has stayed as a family pet, the second did well and has been placed and a third is now in training. All such lovely dogs. 

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 10

57 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

We got home last night after a few nights in Jersey with my mum. The hotel and food were fabulous, I would definitely stay there again. 

Two loads of washing done last night, packing again today as traveling to Dorset tomorrow to visit friends for a few nights.

Having to fit in a quick visit to the optician this morning as I broke my sunglasses yesterday. A visit to M & S food hall for my mum too and a visit to the beautician for my to get my eyelashes done and a visit to the gym to resurrect my membership following surgery a few months ago. Phew!! A busy day ahead!!

Take care everyone and have a nice day

Michelle

Sounds like you’ll need a holiday after all that. Oh, hang on a minute…!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

I’m on a later train than usual down to London today so just passing time having breakfast in Wetherspoons. Much as I may not care for the owner you can’t beat the prices, £4.43 including unlimited refills. I don’t think the refills applies to pints though (and I couldn’t face one at this time anyway)! 

image.thumb.jpeg.4a79f587b607ff925de2d67706a113b4.jpeg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

'a huge rumble and houses shook'... 

Are we sure it's not just cruise day and all that wheelie luggage being dragged over the cobbles😂

Being 'oop North' it's all cobbled streets right? 

Andy

Morning Andy and Michelle. I just want to wish you both the best of times for your cruise. Have a great time and make some lovely new memories. Very best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

We’re not very far from Stoke and didn’t notice anything. We experienced the effects of an earthquake last year when one happened near Tern Hill Shropshire and it was like a juggernaut speeding past our house on a main road but in our cul de sac with the rumbling and rattling.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 2

Morning all, finally some less stuffy temperatures here but we have rain! What a change. I go back to work this afternoon so not really bothered!

I’ve just tried to phone P&O to cancel my October cruise and it says the offices are closed! I called twice after 9am and the website says they open at 8.30 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning, 13.c and forecast 20.c ,so just pleasant temperatures today.

We gave the grass a cut yesterday ,ready for the garden waste collection bins tomorrow.

This morning I will send in gas /elect readings with the tariffs changing on the 1st of month.

Then a nice easy day for us , hope you all have a good one too ,take care .

We are off on holiday this weekend so I cut the grass yesterday.  It rained all night.

Smug of Woking.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

I’m on a later train than usual down to London today so just passing time having breakfast in Wetherspoons. Much as I may not care for the owner you can’t beat the prices, £4.43 including unlimited refills. I don’t think the refills applies to pints though (and I couldn’t face one at this time anyway)! 

image.thumb.jpeg.4a79f587b607ff925de2d67706a113b4.jpeg

You could read his editorial in the Weatherspoon gazette to help your digestion.🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning, 13.c and forecast 20.c ,so just pleasant temperatures today.

We gave the grass a cut yesterday ,ready for the garden waste collection bins tomorrow.

This morning I will send in gas /elect readings with the tariffs changing on the 1st of month.

Then a nice easy day for us , hope you all have a good one too ,take care .

Good morning.

13°C and sunny here.

It is our Blue Recycling bin collection tomorrow.

Pauline and our Sarah are excited about going to the Rod Stewart concert tomorrow night at Durham's international cricket ground.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Been awake from early as seagulls sqwarking. Saw yesterday that next door neighbour has been feeding them, which is obviously encouraging them🙄😒😠 

Our neighbour went away yesterday so peace and quiet 😀

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Morning Andy and Michelle. I just want to wish you both the best of times for your cruise. Have a great time and make some lovely new memories. Very best wishes. Jane xx

Oh bless you Jane, thank you. 

It's been a long time coming, It's taken us a while to get the confidence back to go out much, let alone cruise. 

We are so looking forward to it. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 18

36 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh bless you Jane, thank you. 

It's been a long time coming, It's taken us a while to get the confidence back to go out much, let alone cruise. 

We are so looking forward to it. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Sending our best wishes to you and Michelle Andy and hoping you both have a fantastic time on your cruise.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I’ve now got through to P&O and cancelled our cruise 😢 The first ‘ lady’ I spoke  to I’m sure was AI as when she said do you want to rebook or just cancel I said I phoned recently and they said I couldn’t move it to 2025. ‘She’ just replied ‘do you want to cancel or rebook’ so I just said cancel and she put me through to a human who was very sympathetic and cancelled the cruise.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

13°C and sunny here.

Pauline and our Sarah are excited about going to the Rod Stewart concert tomorrow night at Durham's international cricket ground.

I hope Pauline and Sarah enjoy the rod stewart concert 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I hope Pauline and Sarah enjoy the rod stewart concert 

Thank you Sandra.

It is at Durham's county cricket ground and the seats are on the cricket field.

I would have went but I'm sure once Boy George and Culture club are on before Rod Stewart everyone will be dancing and my arthritis prevents me from standing for any length of time.

Sarah is stopping at ours after the concert so we have been to Mark's and Spencer to get some more food.

• Like 7

Hello Everone. Our last day here in (somewhat) sunny Jersey. Hotel has been excellent & staff very friendly/ helpfull. We are on an evening flight back to Lhw, so are taking a boat trip across the bags to the lighthouse shortly. I view that as a small cruise.

We have enjoyed the food in the local restaurant, have taken pics, but will not post as I think it gets boring. ........Peanut glad you also enjoyed your stay.Perhaps we have started a trend on going to same places, this happened earlier this year when we  had holiday in Madeira. Then a few others followed 😃

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

13°C and sunny here.

Have you asked him to sing Sailing, just for Pauline?.

• Like 9