P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I  know it is of minimal importance to many people, but I for one was glad to see that William has stepped up to the plate and taken a lovely Mother's Day photo to show the gossiping world that Catherine is indeed alive and looks fine.  I do hate the nastiness which crops up online with rumours about famous people which most of them do not deserve.

• Like 19

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you my friends for all your condolences messages today.

Graham, Pauline and Sarah xx

How is Sarah doing?

Im sure there will be many prayers for her Dad from people who knew him. My prayers are for you, Pauline and Sarah, while I have never met you in person I do feel I know you.

God Bless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

How is Sarah doing?

Im sure there will be many prayers for her Dad from people who knew him. My prayers are for you, Pauline and Sarah, while I have never met you in person I do feel I know you.

God Bless.

Sarah stopped overnight at her friend's but got no sleep which is a worry as she is epileptic.

Her dad never made any attempt to contact her for nearly 9 years which really upsets her.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Happy Mother's Day!

The best thing about Mother's Day is the chance to show love and appreciation for Mother. When that's not possible it's good to be able to look back, see and share a moment or two of happiness... so here it is... WWII over... men back from the war... village reunited... hope for the future... population booming... families growing.

Mum's the one on the motorbike... (supported by Daddy)... she certainly seemed to be having a good time... 

"Grannie figure" in the background left holding the "bairn!"

If only they could see what their hard-work and sacrifice achieved for their children. Today we have so much to be grateful for.

image.jpeg.da849bbe9a4e5b883d40a842f5482924.jpeg

Nice photo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sarah stopped overnight at her friend's but got no sleep which is a worry as she is epileptic.

Her dad never made any attempt to contact her for nearly 9 years which really upsets her.

She has you two which is a blessing.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Cold wet and generally miserable weather here today. We had a run out to Junction 32 for our breakfast, which was surprisingly busy considering the foul weather. Mrs YP saved £35 by buying a top in the sale, I can't get through to her that she is £15 worse off😁.

Happy Mothers day to all you lovely Mums out there and a thought to all those who are no longer with us and sadly missed.

• Like 13

Update on my reunion,we all wentIMG_20240309_1250250022119.thumb.jpg.5c19632185967b6eef5288a9b0c32692.jpg to an Italian restaurant in Camden.We all gelled as if we'd known each other for years.Going to visit my aunt when we get back from Italy.

• Like 25

57 minutes ago, brian1 said:

In Obernai now.Left at 4 this morning and arrived 16.30.

I’ve looked it up and see that you are in the Alsace area of France - very close to where our car was broken into some years ago 🙁. Another overnight stop before you reach your place? Safe travels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I’ve looked it up and see that you are in the Alsace area of France - very close to where our car was broken into some years ago 🙁. Another overnight stop before you reach your place? Safe travels.

Certain areas of towns in France are a bit dodgy but we're in the hotel car park,should be OK.Another 2 stops.

• Like 6

Hello all, I’ve had a good weekend even though John has been working. 
Our son, partner and grandson came over about 3pm after John was home from work yesterday and we ordered takeaway pizza. We also had made salads and flatbread. Our grandson loves tomatoes, cucumber, raw peppers etc so he was happy. So funny our son was telling him after a while he couldn’t had anymore salad and to eat more pizza! Apparently he’d be hungry later otherwise and he’d had loads of grapes last time he was here and got a delicate tummy! Oops!

I got presents of tulips, chocolates and wine 😊

Today my sister and brother in law came up and picked my mum up then me and we had lunch out. Then they came back here for coffee. That was nice, I got to see mum but didn’t have to go to the home! They then dropped her off on their way back to the motorway!

• Like 12

11 hours ago, lincslady said:

I  know it is of minimal importance to many people, but I for one was glad to see that William has stepped up to the plate and taken a lovely Mother's Day photo to show the gossiping world that Catherine is indeed alive and looks fine.  I do hate the nastiness which crops up online with rumours about famous people which most of them do not deserve.

Unfortunately it has gone pear shaped as some US news organisation suspect the photo might have been manipulated, and have pulled it from their news feeds.

Such are the perils of being a newsworthy royal.

9 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Unfortunately it has gone pear shaped as some US news organisation suspect the photo might have been manipulated, and have pulled it from their news feeds.

Such are the perils of being a newsworthy royal.

I don’t know enough about manipulating photos but as rumours have abounded about the state of their marriage it seemed a bit unwise to me that she was not wearing her rings. 

5 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

I don’t know enough about manipulating photos but as rumours have abounded about the state of their marriage it seemed a bit unwise to me that she was not wearing her rings. 

Oh dear, I spoke too soon.  Hope this can be sorted easily, but it is always difficult for the royals to refute or indeed admit anything without making things worse.

• Like 6

Another wet day here.

It is my craft group meeting this morning so I have to call at Tesco to get cakes because my birthday is on Easter Sunday and due to holiday plans and medical and optician appointments over the next 4 weeks I won't be going to craft group again before my birthday.

Have a good day wherever you are and whatever you are doing.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

It maybe that like myself and many others she takes her rings off to do things where they may get caught on something and then forgets to put them back on for a quick photo.

I think that speculation about their marriage is no-one's business but their's.

• Like 13