P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

8°C and sunny here.

I have a COVID and flu jab booked at my doctor's this morning.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to having a lovely day.

Me too Graham, I am sat in the pharmacy waiting now

Michelle

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A special Advent Calendar for those cruisers who are into rubber ducks

Christmas Rubber Duck Toy Advent Calendar - 4 Styles

•  
  •  
  •  

I bought this for my granddaughter last year(age 1), she loved it x

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

8°C and sunny here.

I have a COVID and flu jab booked at my doctor's this morning.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to having a lovely day.

We had ours booked for Monday, but had to cancel. They said phone back when you have had 2 clear tests.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone ,  I hope all back here in the UK are well today and I send my best wishes for Mrs Goggins, gadabout60, & splice the mainbrace to have a healthy rest of the cruise on Ventura.

Thanks, fortunately I only had a day feeling under the weather with a head cold and a few days of coughing afterwards, so got off lightly, so far (touching lots of wood). We are on Sky Princess and I think a certain Philip from Yorkshire is also on board 🤔

• Like 6

I hope that those who have had their annual vaccinations today are all ok with no adverse reactions.

I had both my flu and covid vaccines this morning, nice and quick by a lady that I knew from working at the vaccine clinics in previous years.  She told me that there is a much lower take up this year, she thinks that people have started to think that it is much less serious than it was previously.  They only had 20 appointments today but they are doing walkins if anyone asks for one.  DH is having both of his done ln Monday.

I called at the surgery next to the pharmacy to make an appointment with the doctor because I am running out of the tablets that I was prescribed by hospital but when I got them they didn't give a me repeat prescription.  I have to see the doctor because the hospital haven't put the results of my tests on the NHS system yet so I am to take the box from the tablets that the hospital prescribed.

• Like 4

Good afternoon.

I had the flu jab in my right arm and COVID jab in my left arm.

Afterwards we got ham and cheese toasties and coffee and went to the beach to eat them.

I hope everyone else who had vaccines today are well and we all have a pleasant day.

IMG_20241003_123238.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

I had the flu jab in my right arm and COVID jab in my left arm.

Afterwards we got ham and cheese toasties and coffee and went to the beach to eat them.

I hope everyone else who had vaccines today are well and we all have a pleasant day.

IMG_20241003_123238.jpg

They didn't tell me to get a Starbucks :classic_biggrin:so I walked to the nearby oatcake shop and we have had them with bacon, egg and mushrooms for lunch.

• Like 5

I have my Covid jab booked for next week at the local healthy living centre and the flu jab booked the following week at Boots.

Last year I wasn't eligible for a Covid jab and had to pay for the flu jab, but I'm included in the over 65's this year, even though I'm not 65 until March 

• Like 3

Good afternoon All,  we have been away for a couple of days "up North"  well north for us in Northamptonshire to be precise, Meeting up with Bil & Sil, to view their newly refurbished bungalow & to have a very nice lunch at a canal side pub ( in Braunston) also last night a visit to a small music venue The Stables in milton keynes to see a young guitarist & his 4 pica band, His name Remi Harris, and he plays the music of the late great Peter Green ( old fleetwoodmac) fame. he was excellent if should like that sort of blues music, NB. he is Not a tribute band.

Any way below are some pics of the canal/pub & a n excellent steak lunch..

Photos-001.zip

• Like 4

We have just been advised that there is all out national transport strike in Italy on Saturday 5th.

Posting just in case anyone is heading there as it affects, trains, trame,  buses, etc and Im on hold to find out from our operator  (not P&O ) as not sure yet if we will get our pre booked coach transfers either.

Just in case anyone else might be affected if travelling on in port that day.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Bet they don't do chips with gravy 😉.

With a name like that I think they should do 😉

Meanwhile tonight's Kalos are serving the seasonal dish ,first one for ages ..

Slow cooked beef stew (and for one night only comes with a real Yorkshire pudding😋

Tomorrow will be with same (tastes better day after ) but with a few chips 🙃

image.thumb.jpeg.06445bca36e3fdeaa636035fca536b13.jpeg😋🥰

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

With a name like that I think they should do 😉

Meanwhile tonight's Kalos are serving the seasonal dish ,first one for ages ..

Slow cooked beef stew (and for one night only comes with a real Yorkshire pudding😋

Tomorrow will be with same (tastes better day after ) but with a few chips 🙃

image.thumb.jpeg.06445bca36e3fdeaa636035fca536b13.jpeg😋🥰

You can’t beat wholesome home coked food. I always think home made soup is better on the second day as well.

Enjoy!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

You can’t beat wholesome home coked food. I always think home made soup is better on the second day as well.

Enjoy!

We had homemade spaghetti bolognaise last, with fusilli pasta, spaghetti is not something I am keen and my OH isn’t keen on the gluten free version. At lunch we had carrot and ginger soup using up the last of the carrots from the garden not a particularly good crop this year, too wet.

itvwas meant to be carrot soup too which we add a touch of ginger to give it a kick so to speak, but more went into the soup maker than expected! At least my OH could taste the ginger, her sense of taste is beginning to return after just over 2 years since she lost after catching that virus, sense of smell still limited although she can now smell curry and garlic. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have just been advised that there is all out national transport strike in Italy on Saturday 5th.

Posting just in case anyone is heading there as it affects, trains, trame,  buses, etc and Im on hold to find out from our operator  (not P&O ) as not sure yet if we will get our pre booked coach transfers either.

Just in case anyone else might be affected if travelling on in port that day.

I have just returned and the strikes are happening throughout October. 

My son, daughter and her partner are still out in Sicily and are due to fly home on Saturday!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

I have just returned and the strikes are happening throughout October. 

My son, daughter and her partner are still out in Sicily and are due to fly home on Saturday!

I don’t know what is happening for us as it’s not clear that charter bus pick ups will happen (we are on a package tour). Anything that is public transport will be definitely off.

Get them to check with their tour operator, we got an email from ours. On the bright side Sicily is small so a taxi won’t be too bad to get to the airport.

We arrive home about an hour ago and it isn't as cold as we thought it would be, presently 13c, but a big drop from 24c when we got up this morning.

We had a smooth flight home landing on time and an uneventful drive home with no problems either, our journey from door to door taking us 13 hours. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We had homemade spaghetti bolognaise last, with fusilli pasta, spaghetti is not something I am keen and my OH isn’t keen on the gluten free version. At lunch we had carrot and ginger soup using up the last of the carrots from the garden not a particularly good crop this year, too wet.

itvwas meant to be carrot soup too which we add a touch of ginger to give it a kick so to speak, but more went into the soup maker than expected! At least my OH could taste the ginger, her sense of taste is beginning to return after just over 2 years since she lost after catching that virus, sense of smell still limited although she can now smell curry and garlic. 

Can I make a suggestion. I lost my sense of smell after the dreaded for months but was advised by my GP to smell a range of things several times a day to reactivate my olfactory receptors.

So every day I sniffed a range of things eg lemon, cardomin, lavender, pine, whisky etc etc etc. at first I couldn’t “smell” them but the advice was to sniff but also concentrate on the item being smelled. It worked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I don’t know what is happening for us as it’s not clear that charter bus pick ups will happen (we are on a package tour). Anything that is public transport will be definitely off.

Get them to check with their tour operator, we got an email from ours. On the bright side Sicily is small so a taxi won’t be too bad to get to the airport.

They are staying with family, as we did, and only booked flights to and from Sicily. 

• Like 1