P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning 🙂 We have been for our flu jab this morning but used our chemist that

is less than 2 mins from home. Jab done and back in the house sat with a cuppa

all in less than ten minutes .Give it a day or so and will book the covid  jab as well.

Amazing how many folk out and about seem to be rubbing their snouts ....

image.jpeg.74d37cf513a224420dea283ce80b261e.jpeg

• Like 8

A morning watching the cricket, Joe Root hitting 262 and Harry Brook 317 the Yorkshire duo accumulating over 500 runs of the 823 scored, records have fallen and a win appears to be on the cards with Pakistan 5 wickets down.

• Like 3

Do any of you remember when P&O had their special offer of 20% off internet packages etc? I think it was 20% and seem to remember that it was about this time last year. I don’t know how to look for the relevant posts. 

19 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Do any of you remember when P&O had their special offer of 20% off internet packages etc? I think it was 20% and seem to remember that it was about this time last year. I don’t know how to look for the relevant posts. 

I think it was for Black Friday which is around the end of November.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Apparently the Northern Lights maybe visible from the U.K. possibly as far down as London

This was Derbyshire, the first time I have seen them 😊IMG_0970.thumb.jpeg.9eb3ce5788e310f597d1121308059227.jpeg

• Like 7

Morning 🙂 We are both up early,had a good 4 hours kip but after yesterdays flu jab

Mrs K felt a bit achy,so up for a couple of paracetamols and a cuppa.

The temperatures only 2.c outside,so will not be poking my head outside to see

if the N lights are about .Some folk  have been out and about locally and got some

nice shots of them.

Hope you all have a good day ,wrap up if your out and about  this morning and 

as always -Take care .🙂

• Like 6

Morning.  I’m on the early squad today, for no reason I can think of. 
Anyway, a nice cup of coffee and (presumably) England mopping up the rest match, and the world seems ok

I think I may have posted this cartoon before?  It’s still funny though

Have a good day everyone.  If it feels chilly don’t despair - next week looks much better

0148E98E-1D3F-4B74-9772-D176F68D865E.thumb.jpeg.d64255783a496de6fc5c957068b3db2f.jpeg

• Haha 8

My FB feed this morning is full of Northern Lights pictures taken last night, some after midnight, appears it was quite a display nationwide, to think people travel northwards on cruises to see them, and then don’t, last night you step outside and view them for free. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My FB feed this morning is full of Northern Lights pictures taken last night, some after midnight, appears it was quite a display nationwide, to think people travel northwards on cruises to see them, and then don’t, last night you step outside and view them for free. 

We saw small purple and red stripes when we drew the curtains but I think that there was too much light pollution to see anything spectacular.

We have been on 2 Northern Lights cruises on Aurora but only managed to see them on the second one.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

That is me next week on Aurora going to Tromso and Alta 🤦‍♀️  , I didn’t know about last nights show but generally in bed quite early I went before the end of the England game.

I hope all the flu / Covid arms are feeling better today.

• Like 4

It is with a broken heart that I had to say goodbye to my lovely old boy he fell asleep on Wednesday evening 14 1/2 happy and loyal years with him many happy memories I will miss my best friend the most important thing he is not suffering anymore.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

It is with a broken heart that I had to say goodbye to my lovely old boy he fell asleep on Wednesday evening 14 1/2 happy and loyal years with him many happy memories I will miss my best friend the most important thing he is not suffering anymore.

So sorry to read this Lindy but as you say,no more pain for the old boy.

They never leave you as they are in your heart and mind ,with all the 

good things you have shared. The part that hurts is that you will miss that 

unconditional love that greeted you each morning he gave you..

You take care and sorry for your loss.❤️

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

Sorry to hear that he has passed, it is hard when they go, our last dog passed away 13 years ago and we still miss him but he was such a character that we have never been able to look for another dog.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I am so sorry to read this, like you say many happy memories to look back on and talk about. They are our best friends giving unconditional love. I am sure he is running with friends over the rainbow bridge🌈keeping his eye on you

Michelle

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I’m so sorry to hear this lindyloo , my thoughts are with you at this sad time he is no longer in pain , you had 14 1/2 years of lovely memories to cherish the rest of your life with he will always be in your heart 💓 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I’m so sorry for you

i hope it won’t be toooo long before you can think of him and just have happy memories instead of the grief you feel now

Be good to yourself.  You know you did the right thing

A2D15C25-9524-49BE-A897-3D394A1E4BC2.jpeg.c1b0dddefd4d5e49913cd07c73c2038b.jpeg

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

I am so very sorry Lindy. My boy is also my best friend and the loss you are feeling will be overwhelming….. sending hugs.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lindyloo22 said:

Sorry to read this. 

Although I no longer have a dog, I know the ache and big hole they leave in our hearts. 

Take care.

• Like 2