P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Watched Knives Out film

We watched the first 45 minutes or so, but then gave up. 

So sloooow!

Perhaps Glass Onions might be better 

In the meantime we are halfway through Wednesday the Addams family spin off, directed by Tim Burton.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, we had the usual madness at our son’s on Christmas Day with a very excited 4 year old! Then yesterday we had my parents over for our traditional Boxing Day meal which was cold chicken and ham, mashed potatoes and various pickles and a very nice chutney.

We then watched Liverpool on Amazon, luckily I can get it on my tv now. My mum didn’t like that Liverpool were wearing green as she struggled to see them against the grass 😆

John is back to work today, I should be tomorrow but I’ve lost my voice today 😱 so not sure I’ll make it! I had a sore throat Christmas Eve then through sheer force of will was ok the next two days - but now this 😳

All that singing and jollyment. Back to work will cure it.🤔

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We watched the first 45 minutes or so, but then gave up. 

So sloooow!

Perhaps Glass Onions might be better 

In the meantime we are halfway through Wednesday the Addams family spin off, directed by Tim Burton.

My son has been nagging me to watch it. If you like who done it's Dad ,you will love this. It's got a good twist in the tail. Worth persevering. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, zap99 said:

All that singing and jollyment. Back to work will cure it.🤔

My problem is I’m on the phone all the time in this job! In my old job I could do other things than be on the phone, we will see what I’m like tomorrow.

• Like 3

It was quite cool and occasionally damp yesterday here for the passengers off Azura, although with their late departure I assume that some got to see the Christmas lights (and to make up for most of the town being closed as it was a public holiday).

But today for Arvia it is a glorious 24c sunny day - but good grief do things get busy around town when all those people disembark.

36A8CC7E-2AE1-40A3-8622-CFCDD6ABEC62.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

But today for Arvia it is a glorious 24c sunny day - but good grief do things get busy around town when all those people disembark.

That for us is the big disadvantage of the mega ships. Small ports such as Cartagena just cannot cope when 4000+ cruisers descend on them.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

It was quite cool and occasionally damp yesterday here for the passengers off Azura, although with their late departure I assume that some got to see the Christmas lights (and to make up for most of the town being closed as it was a public holiday).

36A8CC7E-2AE1-40A3-8622-CFCDD6ABEC62.jpeg

That’s why a number of ports are seeking to restrict ship size, or limit numbers of mega ships in port at any one time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Josy1953 said:

No just lazing around reading and watching the rain and hoping that the bit of blue sky just showing up will increase.

I have just noticed Wowzz is on the roll call for our next cruise, is any one else being an April fool ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:
4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

No just lazing around reading and watching the rain and hoping that the bit of blue sky just showing up will increase.

I have just noticed Wowzz is on the roll call for our next cruise, is any one else being an April fool ?

Yup, I'm cruising on The Dark Side again  ! And in July as well !

• Like 1

Returned from Warner Gunton Hall yesterday.4 days full board,food good, entertainment good and the excellent service mainly provided by British youngsters who were polite and attentive.To answer TJ's question,yes Edison Lighthouse were a one hit wonder with all their other material being covers,but were still good and got everyone up.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 6

Just to add my BIL who's pushing 80 only brought 3 days supply of his epilepsy meds.On Boxing day we were told we could go 111 online.All we had to do was provide his name and DOB and our location.We were given local pharmacy details,we chose Asda in Lowestoft and within 5 minutes the Pharmacist phoned my Mrs and said they were waiting for us.Just mentioning this in case anyone out there has similar meds predicament.We didn't know this previously,cheers,Brian.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

Well we've come back from our happy place by the seaside. It was grey and wet when we left but it always makes for massive rainbows. Back here in Stoke on Trent now and it is grey wet and gloomy and not a glimmer of the sun. Oh well all we need to do now is work out how much the gas and electric has cost us this last 6 days .............wish us luck ...

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Just to add my BIL who's pushing 80 only brought 3 days supply of his epilepsy meds.On Boxing day we were told we could go 111 online.All we had to do was provide his name and DOB and our location.We were given local pharmacy details,we chose Asda in Lowestoft and within 5 minutes the Pharmacist phoned my Mrs and said they were waiting for us.Just mentioning this in case anyone out there has similar meds predicament.We didn't know this previously,cheers,Brian.

Thank you Brian.

Our Sarah has Epilepsy and appreciate this advice.

Graham.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Brian.

Our Sarah has Epilepsy and appreciate this advice.

Graham.

Cheers Graham,phoning them though is another ballgame.My Mrs was waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours yesterday on behalf of her sister in Basingstoke who had a problem that had to require speaking to someone,Brian.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers Graham,phoning them though is another ballgame.My Mrs was waiting on the phone for 1.5 hours yesterday on behalf of her sister in Basingstoke who had a problem that had to require speaking to someone,Brian.

I hope your SIL is okay Brian.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We went out on Boxing Night and thought there were less houses lit up than in the week before Christmas.  Last night we were aware of it and looked more, and there were definitely a lot of decorations turned off.  Obviously people are becoming much more aware of costs.

Sad really, what with the cost of postage and decreased number of people sending cards and other bits and pieces.  Sensible really but a bit sad too.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 9:58 AM, Snow Hill said:

After streaming issues on Christmas Day, managed to watch Everton  v Wolves yesterday, and it’s excellent finish, well for me it was.

Watched Knives Out film last night throughly enjoyed it, won’t say too much if you haven’t seen it, stars Daniel Craig, Chris Evan, Jamie Lee Curtis, Don Johnson & Ana de Armas. it’s a mixture of Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, Murder She Wrote, with a comedy element. 

Will be watching The Glass Onion:A Knives Out Mystery this evening.

Off later for a visit to Attingham Park, should have gone last Wednesday but the heavy rain ended that as couldn’t do any of the walks.

Watched Glass Onion, we enjoyed it as much as we did with Knives Out, a 3rd film is in the pipeline for 2024.