P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Apparently, the PM recorded his address to the nation before today’s cabinet and cobra meetings took place and being pre-recorded, there will be no opportunity for questioning. The document due to be discussed at cabinet and cobra has already been printed for wider distribution. 

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

On the other hand ,maybe this invisible virus has decided to show itself .

The Government want us to now to "Stay Alert" for this virus !

So next time your out at the shops keep a lookout for it and be prepared to dive 

in some hedgerow until it passes you by. 

Or at the very worst prepare to swat the virus with your daily newspaper !! :classic_wacko:

Stay alert folks .. Whatever that means .:classic_unsure:

1530127206_newvirus.jpg.c049141ff103e113d25b93a72eff23be.jpg

Ask 100 different people what “staying alert” means and you will get 100 different answers.

There is no clarity in this message and removing the stay at home will mean there is a free for all which has already stated according to the park scenes being shown from London. People simply ignoring the Police asking them to move on.

Quick straw poll on here, in terms of a virus what does “stay alert” mean?

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Spot on Wowzz. 

We were never in lockdown to stop the virus, just slow the spread. 

Now the Nightingales are ready, we can 'afford' another wave. 

Scary stuff... 

Andy 

Exactly.  More of us need to get CV19 if we are to ever get out of this scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ask 100 different people what “staying alert” means and you will get 100 different answers.

There is no clarity in this message and removing the stay at home will mean there is a free for all which has already stated according to the park scenes being shown from London. People simply ignoring the Police asking them to move on.

Quick straw poll on here, in terms of a virus what does “stay alert” mean?

id say stay alert means to look out for the signs and symptoms of the virus in yourself and family. Which I assume we all would be doing anyway 

27 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

On another note. Today here is raining and looks quite ugly and grey outside. We are having a Sunday lunch. I’m making hubby cook. 
yesterday was lovely outside. So much so that hubby convinced me to get my legs out. They are now pink and burning. 

still got school work for my 5yr old yo finish and I’ve lost all motivation 

how did you weekends go my lovely peeps 

A bit grey here as well. 

I'm cooking today for us and a few local oldies, (meals on wheels) so if you hear of an outbreak of a food related illness, you know where 'ground zero' was... 

Just waiting for Boris to tell us it was all a hoax and we can get back to normal tomorrow... 

Andy 

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

park scenes being shown from London

Yes, lots of couples sitting on the grass, getting some vital Vitamin D.  Not doing any harm - shows how our civil liberties have slowly and surely been eroded over the last couple of months.

45 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which could show that the theory that a severe lock down reduces the ability of the population to develop herd immunity is correct. The lock down merely delays the inevitable. 

I seem to recall saying that very thing about 6 weeks ago and that theory was called stupid from down in Devon. Can't check as the posts were deleted. You may recall wowzz.😷

21 hours ago, wowzz said:

I would think that in a crisis you would opt for a tried and tested option, rather than try and invent a new one.

I agree,the £millions spent on the app could have been put to better use in the NHS.

I think everyone except those who are virtual certain not to survive an infection need to get it - sometime or another.

If we all get it NOW, the small percentage who require serious medical intervention will be a small percentage of a HUGE number (50million, maybe), perhaps 500,000 bad cases, so that means everything will be overwhelmed - hospitals, soc serv, undertakers, food distribution, communications, everything!

It has to be slow and steady.  I’ll unlock myself in due course.  I have to, so I can live out my years as a normal human being.  It’s not the right time for me though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I seem to recall saying that very thing about 6 weeks ago and that theory was called stupid from down in Devon. Can't check as the posts were deleted. You may recall wowzz.😷

Yup, seem to recall that. 

9 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

id say stay alert means to look out for the signs and symptoms of the virus in yourself and family. Which I assume we all would be doing anyway 

Don't walk through the long grass on the heath. Adder time.Stay alert.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, lots of couples sitting on the grass, getting some vital Vitamin D.  Not doing any harm - shows how our civil liberties have slowly and surely been eroded over the last couple of months.

Breaking the current legislation, so in your view do people just get to pick and choose what laws they follow then? Just ignore the Police?

And not just couples sitting, large groups sitting together, large groups playing football etc

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

Breaking the current legislation, so in your view do people just get to pick and choose what laws they follow then? Just ignore the Police?

And not just couples sitting, large groups sitting together, large groups playing football etc

Building up herd immunity must be a good thing, right?

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Don't walk through the long grass on the heath. Adder time.Stay alert.

not sure I understand that one

but it reminds me instead of a film “get out of the long grass!”  

this might be the movie for today. Kids will love it 

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So far there is no proof for the concept. 

And they are still breaking the law and ignoring the Police which is still wrong. Again so you think it is fine to just ignore legislation you don’t like, right?

Edited by Eglesbrech
Typo

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Today’s Sunday Times quotes a government scientific adviser as warning of 100,000 deaths by the end of the year if ministers relax the lockdown too far and too fast.

The herd immunity theory has little or no credibility in relation to Coronavirus, where there’s no vaccine.

And you have to be prepared to accept a very large number of deaths amongst the over 60s as part of the equation.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Am I know right in thinking that we could be exposed to this no matter how much we try to lock down. It only takes one person to sneeze in the supermarket then touch a box etc. 

Isn’t that how the flu vaccine works? Gives you a little bit of the virus to build up a little immunity. 

id love to wake up tomorrow and them say everything is normal. The people that want to shield can and we will provide aid. 

47 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

On another note. Today here is raining and looks quite ugly and grey outside. We are having a Sunday lunch. I’m making hubby cook. 
yesterday was lovely outside. So much so that hubby convinced me to get my legs out. They are now pink and burning. 

still got school work for my 5yr old yo finish and I’ve lost all motivation 

how did you weekends go my lovely peeps 

What veggies did you have with your burning red legs,?

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Today’s Sunday Times quotes a government scientific adviser as warning of 100,000 deaths by the end of the year if ministers relax the lockdown too far and too fast.

The herd immunity theory has little or no credibility in relation to Coronavirus, where there’s no vaccine.

And you have to be prepared to accept a very large number of deaths amongst the over 60s as part of the equation.

But aren’t they all just theories 

they don’t know for sure we will find a vaccine

same as they can’t say that herd immunity will work

it’s all a game of roll the dice. No one has the answers. We are all just backing different horses to see who wins. 

awful to say but this could also be nature’s way of trying to fix issues cause by us humans too. 

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

What veggies did you have with your burning red legs,?

none 😂 

knew it was a mistake getting them out. 

having broccoli today which is my eldests favourite (not)

never know if I should make her eat them or not. 

Again, breaking news from the BBC website

“The reproduction rate of the virus in Germany has risen above one, causing concern days after some restrictions were eased.

The country's "R-value" - the average number of people a patient will infect - is now 1.1, the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) for disease control said.”

8 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

not sure I understand that one

but it reminds me instead of a film “get out of the long grass!”  

this might be the movie for today. Kids will love it 

About 4 days a week we take our compulsory one hour walk on the local Heathlands. Last week we saw our first adder of the season slithering across the path. We mentioned this to a couple walking their dog. They said "stay alert walking through the long grass".

11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think they "herd" you in Korea.