P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Seems a bit bizarre that the State Pension with rise by 2.5% this April under the triple lock rules, but the NHS get only 1%.

Couldn't 0.5% be taken off the State Pension and given to the NHS? 

The U.K. state pension is already one of the poorest around so taking money from pensioners some of whom fully rely on this would be unthinkable and break an election promise.

The NHS (and many other public sector workers who have worked very long hours through this pandemic) do deserve more but stealing from one group who are poorly paid to give to another group who are poorly paid is not an answer.

There are other ways to raise tax to increase pay offers that don’t involve robbing Peter to pay Paul.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Have to say reading all these posts tonight (with a big grin) it reminded me of when we first joined CC and were on the Ocean Village 2 forum. You really had to be brave to visit the P&O forum then as it came across as being so stuffy and not at all friendly. Visiting tonight I could give you all a hug as you lot just make me smile - you are just such a great lot of people and a million miles away from the P&O forum I first visited. 

(No I am not pickled and not in search of likes to push me up the league table 😉 🙂 🙂 )

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

No I am not pickled and not in search of likes to push me up the league table

We know your not yet but there's time :classic_wink: I did not realise we had a table for pickled/drunk 

people and you must be in a right state if we have to shove you on a table.:classic_wacko:

We Relish your posts too and think we would in a bit of a pickle without you .:classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have to say reading all these posts tonight (with a big grin) it reminded me of when we first joined CC and were on the Ocean Village 2 forum. You really had to be brave to visit the P&O forum then as it came across as being so stuffy and not at all friendly. Visiting tonight I could give you all a hug as you lot just make me smile - you are just such a great lot of people and a million miles away from the P&O forum I first visited. 

(No I am not pickled and not in search of likes to push me up the league table 😉 🙂 🙂 )

The good thing about getting lots of likes is people are being nice instead of nasty to you.

Hug back to you too.😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Parents in law have had their first jabs today. So out of immediate family, only leaves myself and the wife. As we are early 40s will be a few more months yet.

Hopefully by then should have some cruise news 😂😳

Pauline is in cohort 8 and booked hers today.

Keep checking you might be able to book sooner than you think.

Graham.

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

March 24th.

The slots were filling up fast when she was online 

Not long to wait. It's nice to know that many are now taking up the offer. My daughter had hers yesterday, and she phoned me tonight saying she feels terrible and is running a temperature. She'd taken some paracetamol and was on her way to bed.  She'll feel better tomorrow poor love. It's worth it in the end.

Avril

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not long to wait. It's nice to know that many are now taking up the offer. My daughter had hers yesterday, and she phoned me tonight saying she feels terrible and is running a temperature. She'd taken some paracetamol and was on her way to bed.  She'll feel better tomorrow poor love. It's worth it in the end.

Avril

Sorry to hear your daughter has some bad side effects from the vaccine Avril.

Hopefully she feels a lot better in the morning.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

It’s all kicking of over here now back in lockdown hopefully for only 3weeks but we’ve had 95 new cases the last 2 days apparently mostly the Kent variant so now there are 160 cases active with 80 of them in the age group 5-19 so it appears the younger generation are more susceptible to this variant. I hope it doesn’t happen the same when your schools open next week but any hopes of cruising in summer/autumn seem very distant now especially for us🇮🇲

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

It’s all kicking of over here now back in lockdown hopefully for only 3weeks but we’ve had 95 new cases the last 2 days apparently mostly the Kent variant so now there are 160 cases active with 80 of them in the age group 5-19 so it appears the younger generation are more susceptible to this variant. I hope it doesn’t happen the same when your schools open next week but any hopes of cruising in summer/autumn seem very distant now especially for us🇮🇲

Just devastated, that you are back in this situation, keep safe!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Gosh, that is very concerning for you all especially with 50% of cases being in the school age group. Doesn’t bode well for the English re-opening of schools...🙁.

I hope your lockdown is not for too long as Isle of Man has done so brilliantly over the last year.

• Like 1