X announces further cancellations until May 12 (merged topics)

C-Dragons

4 hours ago, travel1light said:

Those getting emails from Celebrity, did you book direct with them rather then a TA? Haven’t received anything here, I booked through TA. Thanks. 

I received an email direct from Celebrity and we booked through a TA here in UK

3 hours ago, heathermk57 said:

We are in the UK. We paid all monies to our travel agent as the cruise was part of a package. The travel agents are at full stretch here at the moment so we will wait to hear from them in due course. 

I emailed our TA last night to seek clarification, I received a phone call this morning.

Our TA will will deal directly with Celebrity and sort out the refund. It may take sometime as they are of course swamped with work. 

1 hour ago, marycruz said:

Interested in seeing what happens with your United mileage since we are in the same boat with cancelling our flight which we got with mileage.

With my flight to Sydney using 80K miles for the both of us, United charged me $250 to deposit the miles back into my account.  Gave me a full refund to my credit card for my upgrade to Economy Plus which cost around $700.  🍷

31 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

We were just canceled by Celebrity in Round Two. Our booking was originally made on board and had the associated OBC offered with on board bookings. Now that they canceled, is this booking number gone forever or can it be resurrected to get that OBC once again?

We’re in the same position, unfortunately I don’t think any of the OBC can be carried forward. I’m wondering if I’ll get OBC from my TA when I use the FCC for another cruise...

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I cancelled my mileage flight online with American on 15 March; called on 20 March to reinstate miles which were again available in my account on 22 March.  The $300 refund of taxes (business class flight from UK) appeared on my credit card today, 25 March.  No penalty fees.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

With my flight to Sydney using 80K miles for the both of us, United charged me $250 to deposit the miles back into my account.  Gave me a full refund to my credit card for my upgrade to Economy Plus which cost around $700.  🍷

Thanks for the responses.  Looks like American is doing better by folks than United.

8 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I really hope all of you booked for mid May and beyond get to cruise as planned.

Thank you! I will be more disappointed for the friends we're cruising with as my husband and I cruise pretty often whereas this will will be the first for a couple of them. 

Is anyone having trouble opening up the link to the REFUND option in the CEO's letter on the website?  I tried using both a desktop with Windows and my iPhone.  Is there anywhere else that I go to access the online refund option?  Our cruise is not until June 14th but we are leaning towards getting a refund. Haven't gotten official notice yet and may not for a while. 

40 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

Is anyone having trouble opening up the link to the REFUND option in the CEO's letter on the website?  I tried using both a desktop with Windows and my iPhone.  Is there anywhere else that I go to access the online refund option?  Our cruise is not until June 14th but we are leaning towards getting a refund. Haven't gotten official notice yet and may not for a while. 

If your cruise departs June 14, it is not covered under the current offer.  Unless it's an Alaska cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad1185 said:

Just can’t see any cruise going before January 2021.  Saying mid May is ridiculous there should not be any surprises that date will be pushed back. 

Cases now starting to rise in Indonesia, I think October 2020 at the earliest, with the number of new cases now dropping in Italy along with China you can see the timeframe as long as countries go into lockdown.

• Like 1