Whats happening? SB refunds and payments Covid19

zimflyer

1 hour ago, MHF said:

Hey neighbor, yes, Chase makes it easy.  Search and Find the transaction based on payor or date or whatever, click the dispute box, type in a few details, and done.  I had to dispute a United flight for another trip.  UAL refused the refund even tho' DOT says they should refund.

Depends on the dispute and how simple/straight forward it is..

I am disputing 3 airfare change charges through Chase and had to fill out a longish questionnaire and send it copies of documents.

15 hours ago, whystayhome said:

Just got an email from Chase this morning saying you can dispute a transaction digitally, making it really easy to file a claim.  We were "thrown" off the Encore prematurely over 60 days ago, and no refund received on the $10,000+they have promised to pay.  Will be disputing soon.

Linda

FIled a claim yesterday with JP Morgan, my 60th day. We shall see...

Hi Cruisers. Pleased to report that we have  received a full credit overnight, on day 75 since notification from Seabourn of cancellation of our April 20 cruise. At least Seabourn fulfilled their obligation, they are back in favour and we can now choose when to apply our 25% credit next year.

1 hour ago, Lintonfella said:

Hi Cruisers. Pleased to report that we have  received a full credit overnight, on day 75 since notification from Seabourn of cancellation of our April 20 cruise. At least Seabourn fulfilled their obligation, they are back in favour and we can now choose when to apply our 25% credit next year.

That’s great news. Would you mind clarifying that your cruise was scheduled 20th April 2020 and Seabourn cancelled (not you) March 9th? You opted for 100% cash refund or 125% future cruise credit? Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Lintonfella said:

Hi Scottie920. Thanks, I agree that  my post was a bit ambiguous. Sorry. Yes our booked cruise for April 7, on the Encore was cancelled on March 9. We went for the 100% cash and 25% FCC.

👍Hope for us all.

5 hours ago, Lintonfella said:

I’m happy for you. 🙂

From the other thread, "Refund Roll Call", where a poster helpfully is tracking in chart format the length of time it takes for most (who choose to participate) get their refunds, it appears on average to be taking about 75 days. Since that other thread was intended strictly (more or less) for factual information, I thought I would add my editorial comment here:

As someone still awaiting a refund, 75 days strikes me as too long. I hit the 60 day mark on June 14. Having already discussed and book-marked a potential CC dispute with my credit card issuer, at 60 days (unless the bank prefers me to wait) I will initiate a formal dispute.

It will be interesting to see if that 75 day average continues.

Just checked and we have received our refund. No notification so you need to check your statement.
Our April cruise on the Encore was cancelled on March 10. Our statement said the payment was issued on May 21 and posted on 23rd but due to weekend only appears today. Good luck to others still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Refund received .... we had booked and paid in full via a US Agent  to sail on Encore out of Sydney on March 22 .... Seabourn cancelled us on March 14 and we requested the full refund option on March 17 .... never heard another word or any confirmation other than the Pop-Up that confirmed we'd submitted a request ... and then 67 days from request the refund appeared on our Credit Card direct from Seabourn Cruises .... a great relief ... so hang in there, it appears the wheels are turning, just very slowly!

Everyone seems to be making excuses for Seabourn. It's covid,they are short staffed, they don't have funds, etc.,etc.. They profess to be the cream de la cream of the business. They have to figure out a way to get this sorted out. There is no excuse for a line like Seabourn to take 3-6 months to effect refunds or distribute FCC's. It's not really complicated work. You hire more staff or get access to better technology to get the job done. You don't make excuses. You have to have want to get this done. Seabourn doesn't they are just relying on people's complacency. Comes the other side of this pandemic I think Seabourn will be shocked at  how angry they have made their clients with their indifference.  I have found that the kind of people that travel on Seabourn will not put up with this and will have long memories. They need to get the job done or declare bankruptcy and get out of the business.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bernes said:

Comes the other side of this pandemic I think Seabourn will be shocked at  how angry they have made their clients with their indifference.  I have found that the kind of people that travel on Seabourn will not put up with this and will have long memories

I agree with you.

I have only been on a few Seabourn cruises but enjoyed them very much.

We have almost 30 cruises on Oceania but we saw some changes lately that made us start thinking of alternatives. Seabourn was number 1 as an alternative but not anymore.

It's a two way street.

Disputed this on my credit card right away ago.  Got all my money back on my AE card right away and dispute was settled weeks ago.  All done with this company.  They will have to do something pretty amazing to get me to come back.  Bad business.  My money is my money. Shame on you.  Ya'll gotta do something to help yourself and stop being sheep.  

6 hours ago, bernes said:

Everyone seems to be making excuses for Seabourn. It's covid,they are short staffed, they don't have funds, etc.,etc.. They profess to be the cream de la cream of the business. They have to figure out a way to get this sorted out. There is no excuse for a line like Seabourn to take 3-6 months to effect refunds or distribute FCC's. It's not really complicated work. You hire more staff or get access to better technology to get the job done. You don't make excuses. You have to have want to get this done. Seabourn doesn't they are just relying on people's complacency. Comes the other side of this pandemic I think Seabourn will be shocked at  how angry they have made their clients with their indifference.  I have found that the kind of people that travel on Seabourn will not put up with this and will have long memories. They need to get the job done or declare bankruptcy and get out of the business.

Hear Hear !!

This was to be our FIRST Seabourn cruise, and a good long month plus itinerary...

Never got timely warning or any options for a 100% total itinerary change.

No option to cancel without penalties after that...

After buying new air  hotels was notified 10 days before new departure that its all cancelled, with a 25pc FCC to use on a cruise before 12/31/2020...

Never got on board....

Never had seen such a lacklustre disregard to communicate or assist clients.

bernes, you are right. It took a c card dispute to get our funds back.

Long memories is right, I dont think we'll be around anymore to travel on SB in future...!!!

🤨🤨😉😉😉

• Thanks 1

Our cruise was cut short by one week on 3/13/2020. I faxed airfare reimbursement on 3/30/2020 and waited. My travel agent called Seabourn this week to check the status of both reimbursement and refund. They had NO record of my reimbursement information and stated I would receive refund for the cancelled week “soon”. I am beyond disgusted with Seabourn at this point. As a result of them having no record of my airfare reimbursement, I have faxed all information to them 11 times this week. Surely now they cannot say they have not received the information. I am sick of getting offers for future cruises when they do not have the courtesy to respond to my calls and emails as well as not refunding, reimbursing funds. Their inaction reflects so poorly on a once excellent cruise line.

• Thanks 1

There seem to be some refunds flowing again reading elsewhere, but overall communications are woeful. We had had more than enough by mid May and disputed via Amex.

The booking was via US agent who also did little as they were also 'overwhemed'...

I chose to go credit card dispute, and suddenly the refund was in after just 10 days....

Still waiting on reimbursement of air hotel costs which have to come via Intl transfer as a U$ cheque is no good in Aus....

1 hour ago, lydiamight said:

Spoke to my UK T/A yesterday. They suggested that I wait until 60 days had elapsed from my cancellation and if I had not received a refund then they would "escalate" the matter with Seabourn.

I've been escalated and I'm 90 days on Friday 😬

And yes, I'm with a UK TA also!  

Whilst I am glad that refunds are coming through, it is frustrating when some are around the 50-60 day mark to refund and there are a few of us who have been waiting over 80+ days.  There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it all.  

Well, I expect this will be handled better the next time we have a world pandemic that shuts down everything on earth.   It’s too bad Seabourn (or any other cruise line) did not have a plan and personnel trained and ready for this unprecedented event.   Seabourn workers should have had people ready to ignore the quarantines and risk their lives coming to work.   Wonder if those working are getting extra pay like those in the essential industries.

• Thanks 1

Well, I’m an essential worker and I am NOT getting extra pay. I am a nurse and quite frankly could use the money that Seabourn has yet to refund me since March 13. They certainly have enough resources to send future cruise destination information yet refund or reimbursement... nope. Perhaps you are fortunate enough not to need your refund or reimbursement at this time, unfortunately I am not in the same boat. Think of others.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NoVa Mimi said:

Well, I’m an essential worker and I am NOT getting extra pay. I am a nurse and quite frankly could use the money that Seabourn has yet to refund me since March 13. They certainly have enough resources to send future cruise destination information yet refund or reimbursement... nope. Perhaps you are fortunate enough not to need your refund or reimbursement at this time, unfortunately I am not in the same boat. Think of others.

Have you talked to Seabourn yet?  As an essential worker, they might escalate things for you.  Worth a call.  Good luck.

• Like 1