Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...Bucky not good at the grocery store run either...but he does come with me sometimes.  He loves to have me send him on "a mission" for items in the store.  It's like a scavenger hunt for him, and keeps him out of my hair in the store.  😉  

So funny, Jane HATES me getting loose in the grocery store (or any store), I am world class impulse buyer.  I could never be trusted to by a single item.  I also do not ever look at prices, and have been known to bring home receipts with no knowledge of the amount on them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Domino D said:

So funny, Jane HATES me getting loose in the grocery store (or any store), I am world class impulse buyer.  I could never be trusted to by a single item.  I also do not ever look at prices, and have been known to bring home receipts with no knowledge of the amount on them. 

I'm always pleased when I come home with just the list items. Doesn’t happen very often😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Grilled turkey was a hit.

Skin shrunk since the thighs were removed. Oops

Still looks really good.  What you gonna do with those drippings?  I'm sure there is a certain dog who would love to lick that pan.  (Not a suggestion, just saying)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Still looks really good.  What you gonna do with those drippings?  I'm sure there is a certain dog who would love to lick that pan.  (Not a suggestion, just saying)

Brown grease, hairy white dog. Nope

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm not allowed to go shopping with Kathy, nor do I want to. Must be the reason we are still married.  That was determined many, many, many years ago.  When I shop I'm there when they unlock the doors and I know exactly what I want, where it is and the closest cashier to the closest exit. 

Agree. We also have a big screen Sony TV( in the family room and master bedroom) with an add on sound bars and wireless subwoofers. 

LOL!!  Yeah, most of the time I wish he just would stay home...he drives me crazy in the store.  Hah!  Kathy and I must think alike.  He's really not bad for a quick run to our grocery store, but try going with him to Walmart...OMG!!  And he keeps swearing he will never go in that place again.  😮 

Our old Sony TV did not have the sound bar, and had wished it had all these years...just never got around to getting one for it I guess.  Big difference with this one.  🙂 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm always pleased when I come home with just the list items. Doesn’t happen very often😉

I'll never forget when our boys were young and both had chicken pox my Dh volunteered to do food shopping.  I already had my list prepared with some coupons.

He came home 2 hrs later with hardly anything from the list.  He had a pile of steaks, including filet mignon and a bunch of crab legs and several magazines and several packs of batteries all different sizes.  He said so proud of himself batteries were on sale!    I said that's great but what will the kids eat!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, island lady said:

Finally finished up with the new TV set up.  Couple weeks ago installed the new 65 inch Sony on a swivel wall mount, bought sound bar speakers, and now a new Blu Ray DVD player.  

My cabinet arrived and fit well under the TV.  Next step was to hide that spaghetti mess of wires behind the wall.  Oh Joy that was.  Bucky did well to run them through inside the wall, but I had to connect everything up.  Was about to toss Bucky outside after a bit...he is not a patient type of person.  Was driving me crazy!!  😖

Got it all hooked up.  Last night it was a movie and popcorn after the Pizza.  😄 

20201121_110626.jpg

I just helped my son wall mount his TV and hide the wires.  Hiding wires in the wall of a 90 year old house wasn't any fun at all.  We found three layers...drywall, then a weird hardboard with a printed pattern, then the original plaster and lathe.

He found some brackets that mount the sound bar to the bottom of the TV.  Worked great.

• Like 3

Speaking of mounting TV and routing cables. We checked out a home under construction and noted these on the wall in areas where a TV was to be installed. Don’t know what’s inside the walk but looks like easy way to hide them with a little planing during construction. 

1A4B8C9C-2903-41D5-BEBF-652966B51481.jpeg

84CCC4CA-7459-4AC9-9347-852F49FA3D60.jpeg

B9E96DD7-47C1-4FED-9B8A-CCDB8EF6436E.jpeg

47A544B8-760D-41F0-91D4-8961460C3D38.jpeg

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Paul from Maryland said:

I just helped my son wall mount his TV and hide the wires.  Hiding wires in the wall of a 90 year old house wasn't any fun at all.  We found three layers...drywall, then a weird hardboard with a printed pattern, then the original plaster and lathe.

He found some brackets that mount the sound bar to the bottom of the TV.  Worked great.

OMG...that does not sound fun at all...three layers...yikes!  Well, one good thing, I bet that makes that house very well insulated!  😉 

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Speaking of mounting TV and routing cables. We checked out a home under construction and noted these on the way in areas where a TV was to be installed. Don’t know what’s inside the walk but looks like easy way to hide them with a little planing during construction. 

Nice!  Someone had some forward thinking there!  Only problem is if you don't like the spot they have picked.  😉  We had to wait until the cabinet was here to see how everything would line up.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice!  Someone had some forward thinking there!  Only problem is if you don't like the spot they have picked.  😉  We had to wait until the cabinet was here to see how everything would line up.  

Building a new home, that is part of the process to choose these locations ahead of time. Can’t do if house already complete unless one is lucky. 

M8

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Building a new home, that is part of the process to choose these locations ahead of time. Can’t do if house already complete unless one is lucky. 

M8

Yup, both in building new one...or major gut out remodel...done all of them.  Indeed extremely rare to get everything exactly as you would have it, in a previous build.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Barrett Square in Cobb?

Good call and normally correct.  Yesterday we drove past that Costco to go to the one in Canton.  Because Boss Lady was looking for a certain blanket that our Costco was sold out of.  Canton had them.  She looked, poked, and inspected them.  Then decided not to buy any.  Oh well typical husband Sunday. At least I got some protein bars, a nice ride in the car with my wife, and that sunset out of the deal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'll never forget when our boys were young and both had chicken pox my Dh volunteered to do food shopping.  I already had my list prepared with some coupons.

He came home 2 hrs later with hardly anything from the list.  He had a pile of steaks, including filet mignon and a bunch of crab legs and several magazines and several packs of batteries all different sizes.  He said so proud of himself batteries were on sale!    I said that's great but what will the kids eat!

Clearly Surf and Turf, and in other good news the remote won't be an issue. 😁

Another proud moment in the Husbands Union Hall.  Grocery shopping, YES WE CAN!  We help our loved ones.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Speaking of mounting TV and routing cables. We checked out a home under construction and noted these on the wall in areas where a TV was to be installed. Don’t know what’s inside the walk but looks like easy way to hide them with a little planing during construction. 

1A4B8C9C-2903-41D5-BEBF-652966B51481.jpeg

84CCC4CA-7459-4AC9-9347-852F49FA3D60.jpeg

B9E96DD7-47C1-4FED-9B8A-CCDB8EF6436E.jpeg

47A544B8-760D-41F0-91D4-8961460C3D38.jpeg

I had those in Atlanta.  There is a flexible tube like a vacuum hose connecting them 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Lots of flexibility with a giant TV

• Like 1

Today in quarantine.  

1. Trying to determine what metrics will be relevant in 2021 for a client.  When everything is a loss, what does "Good" look like?  For those of you who know finance (or care) looks like Flex and Flow. 

2. Going to test Zoom for Thanksgiving virtual dinner with family around the country.  They are doing unlimited video time on T-Day.  Wonder if they are ready for the onslaught.

3. Send instructions for Zoom to everyone (and then make sure they can get on 3 a day next two days)

3. Measuring to finally wall mount the TV.  Hope to avoid tearing up the wall and use painted conduit.  We shall see if that pans out. 

4. Window shopping my 111 Day Around the World retirement cruise on Princess.  

5. Leaves everywhere today, you know what that means.  Correct, time to call the lawn guys to come do their thing.  

6. Planning time tonight for Christmas cookies