Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Dinner at my MIL’s tonight. 

Cesar Salad, with homemade dressing.  Store bought croutons.  Really Sharon. 😉

95CE0B1C-7661-4002-9742-218E621888C6.thumb.jpeg.c8360c8c8073c77f597d712261de7db4.jpeg

Nestled on a 4” bed of baked Parmigiana cheese. 

9DE35D73-70E9-4916-A16F-B2E9E3FA975D.thumb.jpeg.9e3cb3b19c41d81a70928c245cff7016.jpeg

Pork shoulder, mashed potatoes, corn and a bean dish made with bacon, ground meat, molasses and other delicious items. Food coma has now ended. I repeat, has ended.  Owen somehow still had a snack as soon as we returned home. 

All pork products come from a local farm, as in a few miles away, which delivers from their yard. Their name, BaconAcre Farms. MMM, bacon. 

I love my mother-in-law. @Sunshine3601 I’m wish you had this experience VS what you get to experience. 

09C334B3-1F92-47CA-8A60-99FFC252C8C4.thumb.jpeg.c32ebcb2404408973671bf95498ae935.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 8

27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Just hope that long term the squirrel does better than this person

I read about it last night, very unfortunate.  We often wondered how many people got hurt in some fashion over the years while participating. Sadly I guess it was only a period of time until someone had cardiac event. 

I also liked watching the show Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.  That was some crazy stuff they did back then. 

20 minutes ago, derorim said:

We enjoy messing with the squirrels that want to eat from the bird feeders, so we got one of these.

I have seen this too. Didn’t know what was coming. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, he is a wonderful man and knows all to well what a beast she is.   While I was decorating for holidays outside he phoned her.   He firmly told her to leave me alone and how I dont deserve her treating me that way.   Apparently I was going to take her to her Dentist next Friday.   First we heard that one.  We are both at work next Friday.    He told her no need to go for a routine visit and wait till next year when covid cases improve.   He gave her name and phone number of local restaurant that she can get a precooked turkey from and left at that.    

Good man!!   Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!

👍

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

If you have 20 minutes to spare this is an entertaining watch.

It’s the squirrel version of Wipeout. 

The guy who made this video, Mark Rober, is a great follow on YouTube

(8) Mark Rober - YouTube

I loved his video about creating a glitter bomb for porch pirates:

(8) Package Thief vs. Glitter Bomb Trap - YouTube

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm past the days of DYI😉

We should be, and I would love to be...but Bucky has a hissy fit as a perfectionist.  I am tired of hearing it whenever (and it's rare) we hire something out for part of the house remodel.  He complains about everything they did or didn't do.  😕

I can live with him better if he has only himself to blame for defects....that is as long as his aged body holds up to do so.  😮 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hmmm.  I used to paste in a YouTube link and it would auto embed the video in the post.  Doesn't seem to be working??

Hit or miss lately. More issues grabbing a YT video off of FB

Test off my YT channel seems fine

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4

We now have internet in our new Florida house!  It's amazing how much you can do with using your phone as a hotspot, but it's frustrating.  1Gig fiber service with WiFi 6 however is NOT frustrating.  😲  Makes YouTube TV easy to use.

Furniture shopping for the new house continues.  For the sitting/TV area in the great room, we're going with 2 Fjord recliners and 2 Stressless love seats.  We've ordered Stressless dining chairs for the kitchen table that match the love seats.  The dining chairs actually recline slightly making them very comfortable if you lean back.  We'll order the same chairs for the dining room, but DW is still finalizing her dining room table choice and then the leather/wood colors for the chairs.  Lots of ideas for other pieces of furniture but nothing ordered yet.

I'm still trying to find a lawn mowing service.  I've left several voice mail messages with no call backs yet.  Our real estate agent says that many are fully booked and are not taking new customers.  The bug people and pool people have already been here and should work out very well.  I've reprogrammed the garage door opener, changed half the exterior locks (changing the rest today), changed the codes on the security system, and reprogrammed the Nest thermostat.  We should now be secure.

We're headed back to Ohio for Thanksgiving and doctors appointments.  We'll come back for a week or 2 in December and then back to Ohio for Christmas.  That 12 hour drive will quickly become repetitive once the initial new house excitement has worn off.

• Like 6

I invented a squirrel proof bird feeder...it actually IS 100%.  This after several failed experiments.  

Every morning and afternoon, these ladies come in looking for hand outs as well.  They also love fresh cut apples and dry corn.  The squirrels get the left overs on the ground. 

BTW...the bird feeder is also deer proof, (placed way up over head). If they got into the bird feeder, they would clean it out in minutes.  I designed a sliding pole to bring it down to fill each day, held in place with removable through bolt.  A plastic plant potter (hung upside down) attached to two different size plastic pipes, attached to a toilet flange to hold base of plastic bird feeder.  Works!  

20201122_085627.jpg

20201122_103115.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We now have internet in our new Florida house!  It's amazing how much you can do with using your phone as a hotspot, but it's frustrating.  1Gig fiber service with WiFi 6 however is NOT frustrating.  😲  Makes YouTube TV easy to use.

Furniture shopping for the new house continues.  For the sitting/TV area in the great room, we're going with 2 Fjord recliners and 2 Stressless love seats.  We've ordered Stressless dining chairs for the kitchen table that match the love seats.  The dining chairs actually recline slightly making them very comfortable if you lean back.  We'll order the same chairs for the dining room, but DW is still finalizing her dining room table choice and then the leather/wood colors for the chairs.  Lots of ideas for other pieces of furniture but nothing ordered yet.

I'm still trying to find a lawn mowing service.  I've left several voice mail messages with no call backs yet.  Our real estate agent says that many are fully booked and are not taking new customers.  The bug people and pool people have already been here and should work out very well.  I've reprogrammed the garage door opener, changed half the exterior locks (changing the rest today), changed the codes on the security system, and reprogrammed the Nest thermostat.  We should now be secure.

We're headed back to Ohio for Thanksgiving and doctors appointments.  We'll come back for a week or 2 in December and then back to Ohio for Christmas.  That 12 hour drive will quickly become repetitive once the initial new house excitement has worn off.

Love...love our Stressless recliners.  Just ordered a love seat to match them.  We muscle the recliners into the "land yacht" when we travel for longer trips.  Tore out the uncomfortable couch that was in there originally.  😉 

• Like 2

Saturday night pizza last night.  Make my own homemade pizza dough, prebake, then get ready with the toppings.  Fresh sliced Portobello mushrooms, diced up onion, garlic, and pepperoni, fresh spinach, Mozzarella, and goat cheese.  Assemble, bake...Mmmm...yummies!  Bucky won't go out for pizza..he wants mine instead.  Luckily I love to make it.  😉 

20201121_152636.jpg

20201121_153452.jpg

20201121_170650.jpg

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've reprogrammed the garage door opener, changed half the exterior locks (changing the rest today), changed the codes on the security system, and reprogrammed the Nest thermostat.  We should now be secure.

Installed my Schlage Encode last week.  Works great with Alexa. Downside was I had to install security on my phone. Set up for facial recognition and it fails half the time.

Still struggling with garage door. Nexx is often confused if it's up or down

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Make my own homemade pizza dough, prebake, then get ready with the toppings. 

Wow, looks amazing. I'm a huge fan, but prefer just mozzarella and peperoni, very thick dough.

DH gave up on making the perfect dough, but luckily we found one at a restaurant nearby and order in 😁