Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, Domino D said:

The longer Covid lasts, the more likely the kids will have a baby.  Oh well, cruise or grandbaby, I can deal with that choice.

The first few months the grandbaby will not miss you.... May be you'll miss him....

But, seriously, the fun begins when they start to interact 😁

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

True, but not common in a single family detached home

Yup, fire zone separations are not found here in single detached homes.  You will find them in row housing between units, high rises etc but not homes. 

That being said there is talk of fire suppression going into single family homes.  Only talk, but it often comes up after an unfortunate house fire.  The issue is, if you have a well it will not work once the power to the house goes down. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

7 hours ago, island lady said:

OMG...that does not sound fun at all...three layers...yikes!  Well, one good thing, I bet that makes that house very well insulated!  😉 

Besides the three layers of wall, the outlet below the TV where we tapped in for power was mounted at floor level...yes...right where the baseboard goes.  There are a few outlets like that in this house...mounted at floor level.  I can't imagine why they would do something like that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Our hoped for big bucket list cruise (Serenade 2/10-5/16/21) is just waiting for official cancellation...sigh.   Soooo .....now will try again in 2023.  Hoping it will be safe enough by

then...and we are still alive and kicking enough to go by then.  😉 

Oh, I love the Serenade.    That is the one ship that I feel like I am at home when I board her.   The last couple of years we have done a month worth of sailings every January on the Serenade.   Then back home to reality - work, etc.    I would love to do 2 or 3 months on her.    So happy we got to sail her this past January.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yup, fire zone separations are not found here in single detached homes.  You will find them in row housing between units, high rises etc but not homes. 

That being said there is talk of fire suppression going into single family homes.  Only talk, but it often comes up after an unfortunate house fire.  The issue is, if you have a well it will not work once the power to the house goes down. 

I’m talking about single family homes  Can’t have flow to attic or up a wall greater then 10 feet. So they place a horizontal 2x4 between studs as fire block. On load bearing walls less then 10 ft they may use a top plate.   This horizontal stud can make fishing a wire a PIA. 

Multi family homes requires a fire barrier is required between units. This is different. 

14 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Ephesus was one place I would have loved to stay longer.  We were on a tour and it was simply too little time.

We didn't take a tour. I went a bit outside the port area, and hired a taxi just for the library.

I specifically told him "no shopping stops and payment at the end"... I speak French, told him I'm actually Romanian (no mention of us being Israelis in Turkey, and DH is already used to me doing all to talking and him being on "mute" 😁).

The taxi driver bought us the tickets and left us for 2 hours, waiting at the other side, where you could buy "a genuine fake watch...".

He tried one last time to take us "carpet shopping", but I was "tough". 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

It's actually the Acropolis in Athens.  Could easily be mistaken for Ephesus though!

Oh, well, the distances between the pillars was wrong for Ephesus... We've been only once in Athens, and that was in 1976.

We're booked on an amazing itinerary next September (Celebrity Apex), which includes Ephesus and Athens... we booked it especially for Valetta... Sadly, I'm sure it will be a "no go"...

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Oh, well, the distances between the pillars was wrong for Ephesus... We've been only once in Athens, and that was in 1976.

We're booked on an amazing itinerary next September (Celebrity Apex), which includes Ephesus and Athens... we booked it especially for Valetta... Sadly, I'm sure it will be a "no go"...

We were supposed to be on the same cruise with you back in September.  I looked into the Apex cruise - want to get to Valetta so bad.  Oh well... someday

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We mainly cruise for the itinerary. Long ago we came to the conclusion that we'll not see everything we'll want to see, so we settle for "tasting"...

We were in Israel for 12 days and it wasn’t enough time. We booked a private tour with our local Synagogue here in States and the tour was awesome. 

We got to see areas that many locals haven’t seen. We toured the Old City underground, under the Western Wall. So near to see the foundation of the Old City. 

M8

• Like 1

I posted this on my other state thread.........

Just amazing the cost of products and the sales.

So yesterday I made a a risky move.

You see early in the year pre covid I was mall walking 5-6 miles a day.  Maybe have been there twice since the pandemic.

So I ventured out and walked into Macy's because I needed a new purse.

Last one was so used I would have been better off using a Panera bag with  handles.

So I walked in and the purse I wanted was under lock and key.

I quickly found an attendant, the store was empty (12:30pm).

It is a Dooney and Burke regularly priced at $198.

But it was on sale normally,  with an additional percentage of for black Friday sales (business must be really suffering to honor the sale on Monday of Thanksgiving week )  and the last one so you got an additional close out price.

I got my new fancy purse that I hope to get 10 years out of for $49.

So it was a good sale, but realistically, look at that mark up, you know they get these purses for way less.

To think they had to  lock up a $49 dollar purse........................

Stay healthy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I posted this on my other state thread.........

Just amazing the cost of products and the sales.

So yesterday I made a a risky move.

You see early in the year pre covid I was mall walking 5-6 miles a day.  Maybe have been there twice since the pandemic.

So I ventured out and walked into Macy's because I needed a new purse.

Last one was so used I would have been better off using a Panera bag with  handles.

So I walked in and the purse I wanted was under lock and key.

I quickly found an attendant, the store was empty (12:30pm).

It is a Dooney and Burke regularly priced at $198.

But it was on sale normally,  with an additional percentage of for black Friday sales (business must be really suffering to honor the sale on Monday of Thanksgiving week )  and the last one so you got an additional close out price.

I got my new fancy purse that I hope to get 10 years out of for $49.

So it was a good sale, but realistically, look at that mark up, you know they get these purses for way less.

To think they had to  lock up a $49 dollar purse........................

Stay healthy.

Great deal!  I buy most of my purses from Macys and always get some fabulous deals.  

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh, I love the Serenade.    That is the one ship that I feel like I am at home when I board her.   The last couple of years we have done a month worth of sailings every January on the Serenade.   Then back home to reality - work, etc.    I would love to do 2 or 3 months on her.    So happy we got to sail her this past January.

Indeed enjoy the sweet Serenade.  Love all three of her sisters as well...and have fond memories of all of them, (and that is all we have now...sadly... 😞 ).  

Radiance is up there a bit as a favorite though, simply because of all the wonderful trips in Alaska we did with her in the past years...(which was cancelled this last August).  

Radiance series is our favorite of all the ship series with RCI.  🙂 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Feeling lazy today as the snow melts. Did some paperwork, had a conference call, shovelled some snow and hooked up my mom’s Christmas lights. Did a little on-line Christmas shopping too. 

Just watching Gold Rush, feeling like they do a lot more than me in a day.  Well, at least today that is.😉

9F26B368-2614-4421-A409-A77C9FFE5827.thumb.jpeg.2900f5ee2a6b235459ae91153687b2fc.jpeg

Beautiful fire place/TV set up!  🙂  

Gold Rush...isn't that something like the series "Alaska the Last Frontier"...do you watch that also?  

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

I had the XS but so wouldn’t think there’d be much of a difference. Overall, the phone feels heavier. I might get a silicone case instead of the hard case I got. 

Yes, get the silicone case. They are not slippery at all.  Lisa has had 2 of them with a third coming for Christmas. She loves the colours but be forewarned they do get a bit dirty if you choose a light color.

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great deal!  I buy most of my purses from Macys and always get some fabulous deals.  

We need Macey's here.  Much more economical than where Lisa shops.😉

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Beautiful fire place/TV set up!  🙂  

Gold Rush...isn't that something like the series "Alaska the Last Frontier"...do you watch that also?  

Thanks.  There is a third fire place in the house as well. I might post a photo when the weather gets colder.

Yes, I watch both as well as Deadliest Catch. On the last episode of Alaska the last Frontier they were fishing and they caught a young Halibut.  It made me think of your trip to Alaska. 

• Like 2