Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@aussielozzie18 Wishing you a most wonderful cruise! 

And wishing you a good time with your guy friends.  Safe journey, tomorrow ! 

Am I having an episode of déjà vu ? Have you stayed there before with the same friends ? 

Anyway , don’t let anyone ruin your fun time .

Judy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

And wishing you a good time with your guy friends.  Safe journey, tomorrow ! 

Am I having an episode of déjà vu ? Have you stayed there before with the same friends ? 

Anyway , don’t let anyone ruin your fun time .

Judy

No this is my first time to Hilton Head and our first time as a group together even though I have known these people for over 50 years and two of them lived on my block. 

Going to interesting to say the least. This will also be the first time I am getting on an airplane in 20 years where I am not heading to a cruise port.

• Like 15

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No this is my first time to Hilton Head and our first time as a group together even though I have known these people for over 50 years and two of them lived on my block. 

Going to interesting to say the least. This will also be the first time I am getting on an airplane in 20 years where I am not heading to a cruise port.

Planes fly the same way whether going to a land vacation or to a cruise port. No worries there. 🙂 

• Haha 10

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Planes fly the same way whether going to a land vacation or to a cruise port. No worries there. 🙂 

No worries at all. I just think it’s interesting that this is a flight that I am going on that  is not going to a cruise port in over 20 years.

• Like 1

My granddaughter who is in college is going to Poland May 4 for a ten day trip with 19 other students and 3 Professors.She hopes to be able to make side trips to the city where my father grew up and to the city where my other grew up.

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No worries at all. I just think it’s interesting that this is a flight that I am going on that  is not going to a cruise port in over 20 years.

Agree. Whenever we fly to a non cruise destination we feel the same way.  

• Like 1

After I got ducked yesterday, we made a trip through the mall near @LionesssSue’s house.  

Now, I have never been a fan of those generic mannequins with half a head missing.  Express seems to use them for all their displays. When I looked in their storefront window at the men’s shirts, I saw this. 

IMG_1077.thumb.jpeg.1cde5ad51b02f5a09dfade11ad711358.jpeg

Now, something just seemed off.  Maybe if someone can figure it out, they could Point out what it is.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Agree. Whenever we fly to a non cruise destination we feel the same way.  

I love my New York City trips as much as cruising, my problem is there is no drink package that covers the bars there , but better entertainment, my 2 bathroom 800 sq Ft suite isn’t cheap , and cruise can’t match the food . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

After I got ducked yesterday, we made a trip through the mall near @LionesssSue’s house.  

Now, I have never been a fan of those generic mannequins with half a head missing.  Express seems to use them for all their displays. When I looked in their storefront window at the men’s shirts, I saw this. 

IMG_1077.thumb.jpeg.1cde5ad51b02f5a09dfade11ad711358.jpeg

Now, something just seemed off.  Maybe if someone can figure it out, they could Point out what it is.  

That could be one or maybe two Seinfeld episodes. 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Few pictures from today's walk from the condo.

20240501_121414.jpg

20240501_121542.jpg

The near by Marina

20240501_121444.jpg

20240501_121606.jpg

Some of the homes on the shoreline

20240501_121613.jpg

20240501_121618.jpg

20240501_121732.jpg

Small boat

20240501_121900.jpg

Lighthouse on Oak Island

20240501_121928.jpg

20240501_122341.jpg

20240501_122743.jpg

Much larger vessel !! One might even call it a large Yacht. Probably 2 or 3 million $$$$

20240501_123854.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

IMG_4348.thumb.jpeg.e5ced9fc86caadec65d3075d63d44dba.jpeg

Well this is a first. Packed for a 5 day trip with just a soft duffle bag and backpack. Maybe I should try this for a 7 day cruise? Doubt I would have room but I could try.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_4348.thumb.jpeg.e5ced9fc86caadec65d3075d63d44dba.jpeg

Well this is a first. Packed for a 5 day trip with just a soft duffle bag and backpack. Maybe I should try this for a 7 day cruise? Doubt I would have room but I could try.

Agree. IMO, only if you're wearing shorts and T shirts and are D+ to take advantage of the Wash n Fold laundry perk for the entire cruise. And not packing any personal toilterie items. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It needs some bling at the top for the light, other than that I agree that OB needs one. 😁

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll need to coordinate the color of my toe nails.

Forget the nails. How about a 3 carrot diamond for the light house lamp. 😂

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe it’s really cold in the store?

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

So we did get a Ricky update yesterday from his blood test.  Numbers were up over 30, so that was good.  

Now he gets his steroid dose cut in half, and he just has to finish antibiotics.  Then, another blood test next week to monitor how things are going.  

He does seem to be acting almost normal.  (Well, normal for him)

• Like 26

Last night, Susan and I had to split up.  She went to another of our granddaughter’s concerts, and I went to our grandson’s opening game for little league. 

He had a great night, and was starting pitcher for his team. It is always nice when they start out with a win.  Final score 12-2. 

IMG_1082.thumb.jpeg.3e69694554fb381bb08b10d5be0af1de.jpeg

• Like 21

13 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

So we did get a Ricky update yesterday from his blood test.  Numbers were up over 30, so that was good.  

Now he gets his steroid dose cut in half, and he just has to finish antibiotics.  Then, another blood test next week to monitor how things are going.  

Great news for Ricky!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Fantastic, my next cruise as Al Stewart as one of the artist, can’t wait to hear his song “Year of the Cat” which for some of us is every year 😁

• Like 4

Today marks 43 years since my Dad died at the age of 61.  He was a Foreman working on the 2nd Avenue Subway project when he fell down 25 feet, head first.  He was a very healthy, strong man who never smoked in his life.  He remained in a coma for a week before finally passing, which was a Blessing, due to his extensive injuries.  

• Like 25

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Today marks 43 years since my Dad died at the age of 61.  He was a Foreman working on the 2nd Avenue Subway project when he fell down 25 feet, head first.  He was a very healthy, strong man who never smoked in his life.  He remained in a coma for a week before finally passing, which was a Blessing, due to his extensive injuries.  

I’m sorry Maryann what a tragedy. It’s so tough to lose our parents. The one thing I have learned is that there are days that you have a question that you would like to ask them as they are the only ones who know the answer and you can’t get your question answered. I wished I would have asked more questions of my parents.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m sorry Maryann what a tragedy. It’s so tough to lose our parents. The one thing I have learned is that there are days that you have a question that you would like to ask them as they are the only ones who know the answer and you can’t get your question answered. I wished I would have asked more questions of my parents.

@Luckynana Maryann, I couldn't have said it better than Greg. However, I would like to add; May wonderful memories of your beloved dad constantly be with you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1