Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL..but I DID have WIFI.  That would have been the "No thank you" for me.  Not much of a TV fan anyway, but we did have DVD movies there to use, plus lots of time on the open back deck with a glass of wine watching the sunset over the mountains and the glaciers across the bay.  

Cable TV..can watch that at home anytime....if I want.  😉 

Sunset vs Big Bang Reruns, not sure where I would fall on that choice.  Sunsets everyday, Big Bang is only on..... oops never mind. 

Sounds like it was a nice time.  As long as there is Wifi I can get Netfilx, Hulu, HBO Max, ESPN, Amazon Prime so I suppose I can get by for a day or two. 

• Like 2

51°F and rainy back here in Cincinnati.  I know that's probably better than some of you, but it's 78 °F and sunny at our Florida house.  Question for those who own 2 houses...are you constantly looking at the weather at the house where you're not currently staying?  Can't wait to get back south for good next year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

51°F and rainy back here in Cincinnati.  I know that's probably better than some of you, but it's 78 °F and sunny at our Florida house.  Question for those who own 2 houses...are you constantly looking at the weather at the house where you're not currently staying?  Can't wait to get back south for good next year.

Congratulations.  You are now officially a Floridian.   Just think, 2 years ago you would have said "Can you believe it's 51 today and it's November"

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We track weather only for storms.  To install hurricane protection in Cabo and pool clean up(son-in-law) in AZ

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been going naked lately.  My phone that is.  I just put a glass protector on the face.  I like the look of the phone better than the case, it's smaller in my pocket, and the phone (XS Max) has survived a few caseless drops without a problem.  It's definitely slipperier than with a case.

Yep, never understood why they tout how attractive the phones are, and then put them in plastic cases

• Haha 1

Spent the day cooking for tomorrow.  Started the day making cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes and stuffing.  Stopped the turkey day prep to make a homemade pepperoni and pepper pizza for lunch with my son who is off for the week.  After lunch moved on to dessert.  Made a mincemeat pie and a chocolate marbled cheesecake with a gingersnap crust.  Just need to prep the turkey and will be done for today.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Got up early to cook up the brine for Tomorrow’s Turkey smoke on the BGE. Bird will sit in the brine until tomorrow morning. 

5 hours ago, singinalot said:

lol @Milwaukee Eight same

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Remember, it isn’t a real turkey unless there is bacon involved!!

Step 1 - stuff it

Step 2 - lots of butter and spices

Step 3 - bacon, bacon, bacon

Step 4 - enjoy. 

I appreciate you all sharing the photos.  I love pre-game!

• Like 2

By the way, I am Thankful for an official suspension of Intermittent Fasting for the next 24 to 36 hours.  Hopefully the damage will be minor.  Pretty sure the planned dessert is more calories than  2/3's of the meals I've had in the past 2 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, singinalot said:

lol I’ve been preparing my macros for tomorrow all week...will probably definitely still go over 🤷‍♀️

turkey is in the brine ready for tomorrow, sweet potatoes are in the mixer being whipped, and pumpkin pie is setting.

On a RCCL note: we’re pet sitting and the neighbor’s dog got into our sail cards in the family room and ate 3 of them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The pie looks delicious.  I'm sorry to tell you if the sail cards are gone, you lose the points on C&A level.  No cards no points, that is the rule.

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, singinalot said:

lol I’ve been preparing my macros for tomorrow all week...will probably definitely still go over 🤷‍♀️

turkey is in the brine ready for tomorrow, sweet potatoes are in the mixer being whipped, and pumpkin pie is setting.

On a RCCL note: we’re pet sitting and the neighbor’s dog got into our sail cards in the family room and ate 3 of them 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

8E99F675-9E0C-4CDD-B64B-5B3F11ED0B50.jpeg

7A912AF1-0B04-45F4-A015-E9623F65FD43.jpeg

image.jpg

Great job with the brine bag. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I live in PA and have a house at the jersey shore (LBI).   I am only about 1.5 to 2 hrs (depending on traffic) away and the weather isn't that much different but I definitely keep a close eye on weather for my shore house when there are bad storms brewing.    

I'm sure if it was further away I would be watching the weather.

• Like 1