Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You have your friends on here if you want to chat.

Covid19 is affecting all of us not being able to go out and mix but hopefully a vaccine is close and we can get some normality back.

I have had 21 days with Covid19 and hopefully okay now so please take care and be thankful that you are avoiding this terrible virus.

Graham x.

Sorry you had to go thru having covid. I've been a nun and my parents even more so.

My sister and bil doing more than me, but I dont want to chance it and then I'm the one buying my parents food, and would be a death sentence for them likely. She has copd and he has various, pacemaker, other stuff. On tv right now, families feeling squeezed at home. I'm not the only one, except I live alone. I've just had enough of my own company. My sister and bil go to church, she gets her nails done, I just dont take the chances since I'm the one around my parents. Seems I'm not the only one feeling squeezed right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry you had to go thru having covid. I've been a nun and my parents even more so.

My sister and bil doing more than me, but I dont want to chance it and then I'm the one buying my parents food, and would be a death sentence for them likely. She has copd and he has various, pacemaker, other stuff. On tv right now, families feeling squeezed at home. I'm not the only one, except I live alone. I've just had enough of my own company. My sister and bil go to church, she gets her nails done, I just dont take the chances since I'm the one around my parents. Seems I'm not the only one feeling squeezed right now.

You are wonderful looking after your parents and I can understand why living alone is tough right now.

Hopefully your parents will be the first to get the vaccine and it gives you the opportunity for a little more freedom.

While in hospital after my heart attack in December 2019 I was posting all the time on cc and it certainly helped me.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if there is such a thing as the covid blues, but I got it.

@firefly333 it is totally ok to feel blue. You are doing a good job looking after your parents, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have had 21 days with Covid19 and hopefully okay now so please take care and be thankful that you are avoiding this terrible virus.

Graham x.

Great that you are feeling better Graham!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

@firefly333 it is totally ok to feel blue. You are doing a good job looking after your parents, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Great that you are feeling better Graham!

Thanks Missusdubbya I appreciate your good wishes.

Paulines cousin said it is forecast for 40°C in Adelaide tomorrow and they will be having a barbecue around their pool.

I hope you are both having a safe and fantastic summer in Australia.

Graham.

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Graham, sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better.  Kick Covid in the ass like you did with your heart issues. 

Thanks Davekathy my DS friend.

Hopefully after 21 days it is out of my system.

Take care.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

You have your friends on here if you want to chat.

Covid19 is affecting all of us not being able to go out and mix but hopefully a vaccine is close and we can get some normality back.

Graham x.

Glad to see you seem to be feeling better?  Hopefully 

M8

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2020 at 8:28 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday afternoon I had a message from my miserable MIL telling me "you need to pick me up a turkey breast, something around 7 or 8 pounds and mashed potatoes with gravy."    Now keep in mind this woman Never says please and thank you!!

So after worked I stopped at food store and picked her a fresh, not frozen, turkey with premade simply mashed potatoes and a jar of turkey gravy.

Took it to her and she immediately screamed and hollered what the hell am I suppose to do with this.  Its raw!!!  I wanted a cooked one like the pictures in the store ad.

She told me to return it and come back with a cooked one and demanded a refund.  She didnt even pay for it!!

She went onto to call me a worthless idiot blah blah blah.  

I came home with with the turkey and told my DH, her Son.  I am done with her.  He agreed!    

Thank god shes not coming to our house for thanksgiving this year!!

Sorry you had to put up with this. You definitely need to kick her to the curb for abusing you. No one should have to put up with that crap. MIL or not. If she doesn't respect you then you shouldn't help her. She sounds like a miserable witch and wants others to feel the same way as her. Your hubby said he would take care of her. I'm sure you FIL didn't mean for you to be put down and name called. Please take care of yourself and do what makes you happy. She seems to be doing it for herself. 🤬

Good thing she doesn't have me as a DIL. I had a major issue with my MIL when she did something we asked her not to ( this wasn't something little). This was just a couple of months after we got married. She was very pissed by my response and DH backed me up. Wouldn't talk to us for about a year which was fine with us. She always expected to get what she wanted and didn't like that I put my foot down. I had to let her know what I would and wouldn't allow from the get go and that she wasn't going to run our life. Didn't have any other problems.

On 11/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, island lady said:

You have done all you can...now please file official divorce papers (from your MIL) right away.  Live free and happy!  🙂 

OMG...what a witch!!  😮 

This.

On 11/21/2020 at 9:24 AM, helen haywood said:

The two hugging each other are Diana (the white and gray) and Tenzing.  Both came from the shelter together.  I was only going to get one cat but Tenzing was lying alone in a basket and the shelter worker said she didn’t socialize with people.  She looked so small and sad I couldn’t leave her there...especially if that’s what they would tell other perspective adopters!  She was shy at first with us but gradually came out of her shell.  She loved Diana.  She loved having Diana groom her.  We had her for three months and then I found her dead five minutes after she’d raced by me.  😢  Can only think congenital heart condition. I was absolutely devastated.  (Pandemic...cats were my life...)  Now I try to focus on the three happy months she was with us and hope she found another soulmate on the other side of the bridge.

So sorry to here this. I'm sure you gave her a fantastic life after the shelter. She looked very happy and had her a best buddy. Couldn't ask for anything more. 😻

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Paulines cousin said it is forecast for 40°C in Adelaide tomorrow and they will be having a barbecue around their pool.

Graham.

It is a lovely 29°C and sunny in Brisbane today 😁

• Like 2

Yes, she is a beast.    I donated the turkey I bought for her so I am sure it went to someone who appreciated it.       My DH did phone her last weekend and firmly told her to leave for me -she is to stop calling me,  so far so good.      My Husband is the only person left in the whole family that speaks to her and that is only because he promised his dying Father he would.    Her Sister,  other Son, SIL, Grandchildren and the neighbors don't want anything do with her.    She is truly a very nasty person and doesn't see any problem with it.   

We had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday for just the 2 of us.    Our Sons enjoyed their day with their Girlfriends at their own apartments.     Nice relaxing day.

I hope you did, too!

• Like 6

On 11/26/2020 at 3:58 PM, Lionesss said:

Shelves installed. Cameras displayed. 

B8A11613-F082-4DA9-B6CD-4AE0CC4B2370.jpeg

Good to stop keeping stuff in boxes. 

I'm actually using our Starbucks mugs every day. I like to pick out a place to enjoy my morning coffee. 

• Like 2

On another note, we spoke with DH's Brother last night who has been in the hospital for several weeks battling Covid.   It was touch and go for awhile there and doc kept saying he may have to intubate.    They never did.   Last week his oxygen levels were improving and he is now hanging around 85.    Still not good but much better than  a month ago.   He is very weak and unable to stand or walk and say he will lots of therapy but he is improving everyday so that was great to hear!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Graham. I think it's about 40 degrees in Surrey tomorrow, but we won't be having a BBQ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

On another note, we spoke with DH's Brother last night who has been in the hospital for several weeks battling Covid.   It was touch and go for awhile there and doc kept saying he may have to intubate.    They never did.   Last week his oxygen levels were improving and he is now hanging around 85.    Still not good but much better than  a month ago.   He is very weak and unable to stand or walk and say he will lots of therapy but he is improving everyday so that was great to hear!

Delighted for your family that his oxygen levels are rising.

I hope he is well enough to leave hospital soon.🤞

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, she is a beast.    I donated the turkey I bought for her so I am sure it went to someone who appreciated it.       My DH did phone her last weekend and firmly told her to leave for me -she is to stop calling me,  so far so good.      My Husband is the only person left in the whole family that speaks to her and that is only because he promised his dying Father he would.    Her Sister,  other Son, SIL, Grandchildren and the neighbors don't want anything do with her.    She is truly a very nasty person and doesn't see any problem with it.   

We had a very nice Thanksgiving yesterday for just the 2 of us.    Our Sons enjoyed their day with their Girlfriends at their own apartments.     Nice relaxing day.

I hope you did, too!

I'm happy for you both,you are better off without her and it is her own fault no body likes her.

• Like 1